Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 906497 times)

oliverrook

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (43.03) - DF2016 - Newest version! - Updated 9th Dec
« Reply #1740 on: February 01, 2017, 09:41:40 pm »

Ok, so, I'm having a problem with ctd. Whenever I try to create a world, I get the usual "Has stopped working" message from windows.
I have a lot of the content on, but this shouldn't matter, as I have 16 Gigs of Ram, and 2 Gigs of Video Ram to back it up, as well as a 12 Gig swap file.
I have indeed used the two fixes people have suggested to others, both the LAA fix, and the compressed save fix.
Occasionally, before it crashes, I get a little popup telling me that one of the tilesets is missing.
It crashes on "Preparing Text Objects", right after "Preparing Materials".
I haven't been able to find a solution to this problem.

EDIT: Apparently it was window's fault (Not really surprising that). When I had tried to extract the file, about three hundred or so files were left out (Mainly tilesets). Unfortunately, windows being windows, simply trying to extract the files again didn't work, and resulted in it going over those files, recognizing they weren't duplicates, and then proceeding to completely forget about them, and proceed to complain about the duplicates that were there.
To solve this, I had to redownload the mod again, and extract it from a new download of the archive, with a different name.
So yeah, windows continues to be windows.

UPDATE: I also now find that the download doesn't seem to have all the files for the default Meph's Tileset, only containing one or two images, while my working copy contains many more. Is this a bug, or is it something I'm supposed to know about?

UPDATE 2: Ok, so found it did include some files, however, it's still not working. The error message I normally get is that it can't find the tileset in raw for either giants or humans, it seems to change every time I get the error.
Reinstalled it, and it worked fine. I had to do a hard reinstall, though, so I deleted all of it and reinstalled it.

Zerim

• Bay Watcher
  • One man's past is another man's weapon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: February 02, 2017, 06:36:06 pm »

Are there links to previous versions of Masterwork? I'm exhausted with these updates crashing and the graphics not working. 1.10 or below would be preferable.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1742 on: February 02, 2017, 07:12:08 pm »

Are there links to previous versions of Masterwork? I'm exhausted with these updates crashing and the graphics not working. 1.10 or below would be preferable.
http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=2859

Zerim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: February 02, 2017, 08:21:51 pm »

I'm not finding what i'm looking for in that link.

rosareven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: February 02, 2017, 10:35:12 pm »

I just reintsall Masterwork because I can't figure out how to fix the strange TWBT behaviour.

If I run TWBT successfully with a graphical tileset, then I delete the save and switch to 2D mode with creature sprite turned off, I'm still stuck with a TWBT display, even if I delete the TWBT dll files manually. Only when I turn on creature sprite in 2D mode will I get the correct tileset back, and even then I won't get to see creatures displayed as ASCII because the creature sprite is retrieved elsewhere.

It seems I can't switch back and forth TWBT and 2D as I please.

Zerim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: February 02, 2017, 10:39:38 pm »

Honestly if I could just play the game in ascii without those crappy creature sprites (and not the square ascii either) that would be perfect, but as of late hardly anything works with MW, it's difficult enough to get it running without crashing

Kars

• Bay Watcher
  • registered flex offender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: February 03, 2017, 12:27:46 pm »

My dwarf turned into a werechameleon, and then his heart started melting and bleeding "plant matter", and then he died. What is going on

Edit: I just noticed it isn't even a full-moon. It isn't even night at all
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 12:34:30 pm by Kars »
🇮🇹 dall'italia con amore🇮🇹

rosareven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: February 03, 2017, 05:38:51 pm »

My dwarf turned into a werechameleon, and then his heart started melting and bleeding "plant matter", and then he died. What is going on

I don't know but that sounds..  extremely excruciating.

Does anyone know how effective is ore processor? Is it worth processing every single ore in early embark?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1748 on: February 03, 2017, 06:30:12 pm »

Does anyone know how effective is ore processor? Is it worth processing every single ore in early embark?
You get free granite stone and the pure ores smelt into more bars, and it takes nothing but time to process. I'd say its always worth it

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: February 03, 2017, 09:01:23 pm »

Its worth it to process any ore, the difference between say hematite and process_hematite...
hematite has 4 tries at 1% for 1 orichalcum bar, and 4 irons bars when smelted.
processing the hematite gives you 1 pure hematite, 25% chance for 1 granite boulder, and 3% chance for 1 rock crystal.
smelting the pure hematite gives you 4 tries at 2% for 1 orichalcum bar, 4 tries at 25% for 1 iron bar and 4 iron bars automatic.
basically one step and you easily are increasing your average return rate to 5 iron bars with a possibility of 8 iron bars and increasing your chance of orichalcum.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

rosareven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: February 03, 2017, 10:48:09 pm »

Its worth it to process any ore, the difference between say hematite and process_hematite...
hematite has 4 tries at 1% for 1 orichalcum bar, and 4 irons bars when smelted.
processing the hematite gives you 1 pure hematite, 25% chance for 1 granite boulder, and 3% chance for 1 rock crystal.
smelting the pure hematite gives you 4 tries at 2% for 1 orichalcum bar, 4 tries at 25% for 1 iron bar and 4 iron bars automatic.
basically one step and you easily are increasing your average return rate to 5 iron bars with a possibility of 8 iron bars and increasing your chance of orichalcum.
Thanks, that's a great break down.

skelepound

• Bay Watcher
  • Deciever, I name thee Cael
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: February 04, 2017, 12:05:31 am »

Hey man, just wanted to give thanks personally for your mod - alot of your resources have been mad useful in a magic mod im making. I have, of course, given credit for all the stuff I used, at some point or other on the mod thread or download page. ANYHOW, just wanted to say thanks!
My magic mod, Schools of Magic:
----------------------------------
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=162596.0
----------------------------------
GENERATION 28:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Kars

• Bay Watcher
  • registered flex offender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: February 04, 2017, 02:09:57 am »

Now there is floating lava in my fort? It's literally raining lava from the sky.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I saw this in adventure mode as well, sporadically.
🇮🇹 dall'italia con amore🇮🇹

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: February 04, 2017, 07:33:40 am »

Looks like a good day to stay indoors.

Did you make any raw changes? I know the game fails over to magma whenever a material isn't defined properly.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: February 04, 2017, 09:46:00 am »

that looks like a misdefined magma spawn point.... and even a bad raw edit doesn't produce actual lava, it produces the magma slag that is left behind when some material is heated beyond its melting point.  Its has room temp and isn't dangerous, and it wont stack or flow... what he shows in the picture is what I usually see when a magma spawn point is set.  if he has any magma wells, I would suggest trying to set all 4 directions to 0... if that doesn't work, then use the dfhack commands liquids to edit and remove the spawn point.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 166