Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 906033 times)

IlFedaykin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (43.03) - DF2016 - Newest version! - Updated 9th Dec
« Reply #1785 on: February 17, 2017, 02:52:44 am »

I think he may be cycling now...? I don't remember.
Yeah, Africa.

13thEssence

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: February 17, 2017, 04:45:41 am »

Summary:
1) My many-year old Orc fort crashes when I slaughter a squig.
2) Can't generate new game on 1.23 no matter what settings.

I was playing Orc fort for quite a while (several game years) in MDF1.13.  Then eventually I crashed, and would crash over and over about 2 minutes after reloading.  I tracked it down to a single job:  I had turned on DFhack Autobutcher, that queued up a [Slaughter Squig] job, and when the squig was brought into the butcher shop the game would immediately crash.  Cancelling or suspending the job allowed me to continue indefinitely, but any time I tried to butcher any squig in any way, even manually assigning the job, it would instantly crash.  I certainly have butchered squigs in the past in this game, and was able to create a new embark with every caste of squid and butcher them without problems.

Ok, so something's wrong.  I copied over my save file into a fresh install of v1.23.  The problem continues.  Damn.

Ok, let me start a new Orc fort to play then.  I like laying out my fort architecture more than fighting beasties anyway.  Nope! 1.23 crashes on world creation, every time.  It crashes while *setting up to* generate world from parameters (before selecting a predef world map).  I loaded the default profile.  It gave me an error about colour palette and said "No settings have been changed" (even though ALL settings other than colours that were different in the profile HAD been changed - this is another bug all its own) and crashed when I tried worldgen.  Changed colour palette.  Crash crash crash.  I turned off all the MDF creatures options and a couple of other things that are new since v1.13.  It still crashed several times but did allow me to choose a map (Icy Myr) several times, but then crashed after generating it or when trying to "Start Playing" on a new map. Didn't make it to the embark screen even once in about 50 tries.

I loaded up 1.19 and made several maps, chose embark locations, and embarked several times without fail.  Unpacked a fresh copy of 1.23 from the zip file and crash crash crash.

1) Can anyone else make a new game in 1.23?
2) Does anyone wanna help me salvage my game where I can't slaughter squigs?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1787 on: February 17, 2017, 07:42:20 am »

I think he may be cycling now...? I don't remember.
Yeah, Africa.
In which case I wouldn't expect an update for quite some time.

baldamundo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: February 17, 2017, 09:46:34 am »

FWIW I've been having squig-slaughter crashes for ages now as well but I've no idea what the cause is.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1789 on: February 17, 2017, 09:56:59 am »

I have no trouble making new games, but I have never even seen a squig so no idea what is going on there

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: February 17, 2017, 09:31:05 pm »

Summary:
1) My many-year old Orc fort crashes when I slaughter a squig.
2) Can't generate new game on 1.23 no matter what settings.

I was playing Orc fort for quite a while (several game years) in MDF1.13.  Then eventually I crashed, and would crash over and over about 2 minutes after reloading.  I tracked it down to a single job:  I had turned on DFhack Autobutcher, that queued up a [Slaughter Squig] job, and when the squig was brought into the butcher shop the game would immediately crash.  Cancelling or suspending the job allowed me to continue indefinitely, but any time I tried to butcher any squig in any way, even manually assigning the job, it would instantly crash.  I certainly have butchered squigs in the past in this game, and was able to create a new embark with every caste of squid and butcher them without problems.

Ok, so something's wrong.  I copied over my save file into a fresh install of v1.23.  The problem continues.  Damn.

Ok, let me start a new Orc fort to play then.  I like laying out my fort architecture more than fighting beasties anyway.  Nope! 1.23 crashes on world creation, every time.  It crashes while *setting up to* generate world from parameters (before selecting a predef world map).  I loaded the default profile.  It gave me an error about colour palette and said "No settings have been changed" (even though ALL settings other than colours that were different in the profile HAD been changed - this is another bug all its own) and crashed when I tried worldgen.  Changed colour palette.  Crash crash crash.  I turned off all the MDF creatures options and a couple of other things that are new since v1.13.  It still crashed several times but did allow me to choose a map (Icy Myr) several times, but then crashed after generating it or when trying to "Start Playing" on a new map. Didn't make it to the embark screen even once in about 50 tries.

I loaded up 1.19 and made several maps, chose embark locations, and embarked several times without fail.  Unpacked a fresh copy of 1.23 from the zip file and crash crash crash.

1. The issue with 1.23 is a memory issue.  its been mentioned several times.  For around 99% of all players reporting crashes in 1.23 the major fix is to use the LAA utility in the MWDF utilities folders... After you run it, it is self explanatory.  that should fix all your current crash issues with worldgen and load.

2. its possible you have a bugged squig definition... that would be my bet.  the whole multiple split caste thing is rather annoying, and could of possibly bugged out.  I hate squigs... I embark with 2 terrier squigs and hope I catch some kind of cat or moleweasel.  personally the pet selection is the worst in orcfort by far.   I just can't find a set orc like animals besides cragtooths that I want to raise, and their not orc specific pets they are apart of the dwarf DDD set.  I wish the squigs had more mixed sets.... say breeders that function as terriers and eaters that are woolys etc....

maybe they have gained non expressed names, or they have become sentient?  who knows why they crash?

@forsaken1111
Squigs are a poor orcs best friends. basics are that they are a split caste system where you have breeders(females), growlers(war/hunt males), eaters(fat males for heavy meat production), Woolies(wool bearing males), and terriers(male vermin catchers).  the breeders have large broods, but you don't know what you got till they get a year old(except the females, you know they are breeders).  If you start with say 5 breeders and 2 terriers. the 5 will drop around 20 pups in a few months, a year later you will have about 4 of each group besides your starting batch.... but that's random it could be all terriers or all woolies... Your not guaranteed a particular variety...  when I do raise them I keep all the growlers for hunting/war companions, 5+ woolies for wool production, 2 to 4 terriers that I give free reign to the embark, 5 breeders to keep the pups coming and slaughter the rest.

But no matter what happens, it seems around 7 to 10 years in everyone gets a squig bug that kills the entire system... you can't butcher any of them... At which point I put them under a fluidcaster and burn them all cage them and sell them all to the next trader and buy other animals to replace them.

personally, I would rather just be able to select the variety and grow that one variety so if I don't want woolies I don't bring woolies....
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Edible beserk! now available in masterwork!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: February 18, 2017, 12:14:14 pm »

I've been doing some SCIENCE in adventure mode in masterwork.

Turns out, if you're a night creature, boogeymen won't attack you, and will unleash their frustration on everything else, except eachother.
I am currently trying to comprehend what sick, mad, dwarven mind came up with the fortress name "Lancefondled", because it wasn't me.

Lordsservent-san

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: February 18, 2017, 11:36:58 pm »

I've been doing some SCIENCE in adventure mode in masterwork.

Turns out, if you're a night creature, boogeymen won't attack you, and will unleash their frustration on everything else, except eachother.
If the creature you are playing as has the [NOFEAR] tag, bogey men will not attack you because you cannot be afraid of them. The results are also replicatable in vinilla if you play as a spider man or mod in a playable create with the [NOFEAR] tag.

IlFedaykin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: February 19, 2017, 03:39:41 am »

you CAN'T.  :P
There is a problem with butchering historical figures but it has been 'fixed' in more recent releases. IIRC 1.13 had a lot of crashes because of a script Boltgun wrote to fix succubi. Stop butchering named creatures and you should be fine.
As for crash issues in 1.23, as Amostubal said, it's probably a memory issue.

MickDick

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: February 24, 2017, 02:27:18 pm »

I was wondering why diggingInvaders plugin is

1.  Not an option in the launcher anymore.
2.  Not loaded by default and presumably not properly configured for the regular masterwork races anymore.

Yet still included.  Is it properly preconfigured and simply needs to be enabled?  Did it cause more problems than it was worth or what?

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: February 27, 2017, 01:06:16 am »

So... What's happening with Meph? Has Masterwork been abandoned or is he just busy?

Lordsservent-san

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: February 27, 2017, 01:42:56 am »

So... What's happening with Meph? Has Masterwork been abandoned or is he just busy?
He's likely busy with his biking tour.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1797 on: February 27, 2017, 07:29:41 am »

He's biking in Africa, someone said.

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: February 27, 2017, 12:20:02 pm »

So I did not find any questions thread on this sub-forum so forgive me my ignorance but IŽll ask here.

• If I set the option tantrums in middle of game (after saving and reloading the game of course), will it have any effect or I Žll have to gen a new world?
  • Same question for decaying corpses

Lordsservent-san

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: February 27, 2017, 02:34:44 pm »

So I did not find any questions thread on this sub-forum so forgive me my ignorance but IŽll ask here.

• If I set the option tantrums in middle of game (after saving and reloading the game of course), will it have any effect or I Žll have to gen a new world?
  • Same question for decaying corpses
Tantrums will require a regen, as it alters the "soul" of your dwarves, and that can't be changed in a single world, but decaying corpses can be enabled without regenerating your world,as it is a DF hack script and not a raw change.
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 166