Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 906528 times)

Evannex

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (43.03) - DF2016 - Newest version! - Updated 9th Dec
« Reply #1860 on: March 23, 2017, 06:11:00 pm »

Well it appears I was Partially wrong about it being fixed. Any new Migrants don't work, no matter the labors or tools available. Saving and reloading does not fix this, however, closing DF completely and Continuing from there does get them all working. Just thought I would post to let you guys know. And hopefully to help if anyone else comes across this issue.

^_^ Unless it's just me. ^_^

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: March 23, 2017, 06:15:29 pm »

Okay so I may have just fixed my own issue...? I was reading around the forums and saw the LAA utility mentioned on quite a few places, so I ran it, and reloaded my fort. And they all ran off to start working! So, i guess that just means DF wasn't using enough memory? Or something like that.

Great... because I was coming back to tell you that I had just finished fixing the save you posted... It was missing a bunch of files so I had to guess about your options until I got it to load... and it runs fine here... but I have LAA ran on my copy so yeah... I don't know how that would do it. but ok. 

back to finishing up my update on 1.24b recent fixes:
the clay is tested it worked on both dwarfs and kobolds.
10. empregnate.lua fixed - Kobolds can breed at the workshop again... was running as many reactions as I could find.
11. dwarfs and kobolds both had an issue where their entity file eats lines added to them... had to place a lot of white space between new reactions for clay and the end of the original file... if you make a lot of entity changes (selecting shops on Dwarves or Kobold page) you will need to check these files to ensure they still have enough white space in them.  used it for some artwork, lol.

I'll check the Golem and Runecrafting shops... new embark because my last dwarf test died of thirst in month 11, river froze, no alcohol left.......  If its working, I'll pack it up and post it tonight, were at a decent amount of repair, otherwise tomorrow.   

Well it appears I was Partially wrong about it being fixed. Any new Migrants don't work, no matter the labors or tools available. Saving and reloading does not fix this, however, closing DF completely and Continuing from there does get them all working. Just thought I would post to let you guys know. And hopefully to help if anyone else comes across this issue.

^_^ Unless it's just me. ^_^

interesting... well there is a succubus update that was in 1.24a download the new pack 1.24b after I upload it, you wont need LAA, I've got one more request to check on then I'm uploading.  Suggestion, zip the folder, for some reason your google drive had many raw files missing.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Evannex

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: March 23, 2017, 06:17:53 pm »

Okay! ^_^ Thank you so much for the help :D

Odd that it was missing things >.< That was the entire folder lol.

DG123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: March 23, 2017, 07:10:54 pm »

I have encountered something odd. In Dwarf Therapist, there's a page that lets you view what weapons each dwarf can equip.

It tells me that all my dwarves cannot equip two handed swords. Imagine my surprise when my expedition leader picked one up and decapitated a goblin shaman with it.

Turns out he has a size large enough to equip one two handed. However, dwarf therapist still says he can't equip it.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: March 24, 2017, 04:15:28 pm »

idk but id really love golems and runecrafting to work (among other things), basically stuff from 31.25 i think  :'(

What do you mean? I thought these features were currently functioning? From what I saw of 1.23 there should be a magma powered runecrafting workshop and a golem creation building.

Please let me know if these features aren't working, because if so I'm going back to the old Masterwork install I have on another drive.

Last I heard they should be... if not I'll have to make a test to check it.  Never used the runecrafting, but the golems were working in 1.16 they shouldn't be broken.

here's a couple images..... golems and runes are working.

I had to kick the box a few times.... anyways I'm 7z packing the file down.  Then huge upload and I'll post the 1.24b update this evening. 
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: March 24, 2017, 10:46:48 pm »

Masterwork v1.24b is up link on this page:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=163261.0

please post errors involving it on that page.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: March 25, 2017, 02:12:39 am »

Golems do work okay, but they're just total downers all the time because they don't get anything out of activities and eventually get extremely distracted.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 02:18:05 am by LMeire »
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

DG123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: March 25, 2017, 07:02:14 am »

I thought the description said the golem couldn't get distracted?

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: March 25, 2017, 09:17:56 am »

I thought the description said the golem couldn't get distracted?
Golems do work okay, but they're just total downers all the time because they don't get anything out of activities and eventually get extremely distracted.

Yeah its been awhile since I messed with golems... they have a serious issue, the attempt to keep them from having desires/wants/needs, etc. set them up for nothing to make them happy... creatures in DF have to fulfill a desire to maintain "happiness", along with a requirement to do non stressful things to remove stress.  Well golems find nothing stressful so they stay stress free, but they don't have anything to increase their happiness.... these are ticking systems that are trying to reach 0 the happiness level ticks down to 0 which is depression, severe depression, in creatures with feelings, anger or suicide(and yes dwarves have been seen to try and die, including jumping off buildings, refusing to eat/drink, etc.).  Stress ticks down to 0 stress, or stress free.... so you end up with stress free severely depressed golems, who can't starve themselves to death..... If I understood creature scripts better, I would enforce happiness positives for accomplishing work, happy workers work faster and more often.

But that is all a general DF issue... Anyone that gets to his first 3 or 5 year fort will see it when their dwarves wont work... spend all day eating and drinking, etc. staring at walls.  there is so many things that are needed to keep dwarves happy, that most people can't (or just ignore all together) accomplish it all.  Normal dwarves need/desire a variety of food(which if your using standardized meats is severely damaged), variety of drink, variety of craft/finished goods, statues/engravings, soap, beds, personal storage, own rooms, socializing, regular work in a field they enjoy, a place to pray to their gods, a place to read and write, some need military service, some need/hate outdoors.  There is no real formula for happy dwarves.  On long fort plans, I use water misters on a short hallway that everyone has to use between mead hall and housing.  Place some statues and engravings woot.... anyways just woke up... saw the discussion, now I digress...
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: March 25, 2017, 10:04:44 am »

Okay so....  Now that 1.24b is up...

Here is the question and you can PM me or post it here or in the 1.24b post.  Where should we go next?  I'm going to continue fixing things that need fixing, I'm currently searching through the forums for repairs suggested as far back as July, since I know that many things have been suggested for repair, did not make it into the scripts.  So here's my starter list for the next week:

1. fix More Leather to work on leatherwing bats/frill lizards/etc shearable creatures. - small priority, its an issue I've known about, small affect.
2. Minor repairs to various reactions where they designate materials as ITEM:NONE:NONE:NONE - keeps detail selecting of material choice out, increasing use of stockpiles to enforce material selections... I hate stockpiles, lol, like choices. - high priority.
3. figure out the warpstone.lua error that occasionally pops up... think its linked to TESB. - medium priority.
4. figure out the errorlog.txt errors involving transformations etc on creatures. - medium priority.
5. further revise the clay issue (what I pushed was a patch fix for the issue, there is more that needs to be done. - small priority, the fix should cover most issues, its just incomplete, as is.
6. ..........
7. ..........
8. ..........
9. ..........
10. ..........

If I get a big enough list of fixes/repairs/corrections, I'll get started and put another release out next week.  I just need the suggestions, and a show of hands that people want another release.  Otherwise I'll leave it alone for a couple of weeks.

I'll even put in better descriptions where they are needed if people will point them out.  I can think of a handful that pop up often (guild building extensions in humans, odd reactions in kobolds).

Understand I also have to return to working on my own mods that need new releases.... 

Expanded Dictionary:
How many people really like the "expanded dictionary" that I maintain.  I'm considering returning to it and fixing a bunch of issues that have been pointed out to me.  I've got to make a decision about it.  Either scrapping it and restarting (I was using a top -> down approach, thinking of restarting it with a bottom -> up approach) or just keep putting in fixes. PM me if you want more details.

Orcfort Revised:
A rewrite of the Orcfort mod, fixing hundreds of reactions/interactions/creatures/materials in Orcfort.  I've not released it yet, because it has too many threads of action that haven't been completed.  trying to bring back a few old features of orcs from 42.06 and before.  Its current version fixes/changes/replaces/adds some 300+ reactions for orcs, adds 5 buildings (magma versions of fuel using buildings ignored in the past and 2 fully new buildings) without changing the actual feel of orcs.  PM me if you want more details.  Its still in alpha by my standards.  Future of it is based on how effective I can make it capable of both being a vanilla extension mod and a masterwork extension mod. 

Anyways, I'm going to go quite for a couple of days, if I can.  I'll try to answer any problems that appear over the weekend, but I really want to give people some time to take in the masterwork 1.24b and push it to the limits.  Plus I need to decompress, I've kept a high strung packed schedule for the past 3 weeks while working through the change over from MW 1.23 43.03 x32 to MW 1.24 43.05 x64 and through 1.24a and 1.24b.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

Deca

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: March 25, 2017, 04:45:34 pm »

But that is all a general DF issue... Anyone that gets to his first 3 or 5 year fort will see it when their dwarves wont work... spend all day eating and drinking, etc. staring at walls.  there is so many things that are needed to keep dwarves happy, that most people can't (or just ignore all together) accomplish it all.  Normal dwarves need/desire a variety of food(which if your using standardized meats is severely damaged), variety of drink, variety of craft/finished goods, statues/engravings, soap, beds, personal storage, own rooms, socializing, regular work in a field they enjoy, a place to pray to their gods, a place to read and write, some need military service, some need/hate outdoors.  There is no real formula for happy dwarves.  On long fort plans, I use water misters on a short hallway that everyone has to use between mead hall and housing.  Place some statues and engravings woot.... anyways just woke up... saw the discussion, now I digress...

This is something that has always bothered me. It as if I'm "fighting" with the Real House Dwarves of NYC dealing with what kind of clothing a dwarf has, the specific type of food, if a dwarf walks by a certain number of carvings, did one dwarf not get along with another and/or if somebody has a particular item as to whether or not my entire game takes a nose dive.

I wouldn't mind it so much if the dwarf Cindy the Farmer stops working because she lost her arm in a fight against an orc; however, it seems a tad over-the-top that if Cindy the farmer doesn't have her favorite socks, she will eventually stop working or throw a tantrum.

Can somebody give a link or good reading material on dealing with these things because I seem to "lose" more to this stuff than I do any type of combat or actual serious event.

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: March 25, 2017, 06:11:32 pm »

I really only look at preferences when assigning jobs.  Jobs that will naturally expose a dwarf to things they like will generally keep them happier.
Beyond that, either a dwarf will naturally keep themself happy, or will be unpleasable and not worth the effort (Nobles that like Slade for example.)

Simply not having a dwarf's favorite aardvark leather dress isn't going to drive them to a tantrum.  If they're depressed or throwing a tantrum, look at their thoughts and there's almost always a bigger issue.  Or they failed at making an artifact.

bluescreen1988

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: March 25, 2017, 09:51:57 pm »

So Im having a problem with the Meph tileset in this game.  After generating a new world I go to start a new game and the text completely dissapears when it I try to start a fort in game.  These are with the default settings after downloading.

http://imgur.com/a/6mk2x

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: March 26, 2017, 10:41:39 am »

So Im having a problem with the Meph tileset in this game.  After generating a new world I go to start a new game and the text completely dissapears when it I try to start a fort in game.  These are with the default settings after downloading.

http://imgur.com/a/6mk2x

Common issue with v1.23, either:

a) upgrade to v1.24b -it has several fixes, runs DF 43.05x64, and this issue doesn't occur anymore. It has its own forum post HERE in Masterwork; or

b) utilize LAA utility and increase the memory of the Dwarf Fortress module in v1.23.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

DG123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: March 28, 2017, 03:52:25 pm »

Yeah, one of the 1.24 versions will fix that for you instantly.

Though, that said, I've still noticed a tileset problem...

There appear to be a bunch of monsters/animals which show up with the wrong tile. I am assuming this is due to using placeholders for things that don't have tiles yet?

Looks weird though when your Mossrova has a green bird sprite instead of looking like a cow.
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 166