Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 904395 times)

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (43.03) - DF2016 - Newest version! - Updated 9th Dec
« Reply #1875 on: March 28, 2017, 08:24:30 pm »

Yeah, one of the 1.24 versions will fix that for you instantly.

Though, that said, I've still noticed a tileset problem...

There appear to be a bunch of monsters/animals which show up with the wrong tile. I am assuming this is due to using placeholders for things that don't have tiles yet?

Looks weird though when your Mossrova has a green bird sprite instead of looking like a cow.

Yes the tile replacements aren't complete, Meph was working through them from 1.20 to 1.23.... someone here posted a complete fix for all the missing tiles... I did not incorporate it as I saw it as being a serious change to Meph's original work, and I did not want to "change the vision" of the mod by adding in more than what he already had... as such I haven't touched much of the raws other than to fix things that were damaged.  and tilesets were one area that I felt too much modding would affect the direction of the script. 

This is also why certain other things people had issue with aren't changed such as the seasonal color changes. 
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

DG123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: March 30, 2017, 02:49:17 pm »

Oddly enough the weapon tilesets have issues too. I thought they were essentially complete. But what I'm seeing is that featherwood shields etc show up as some kind of weird generic armour tile rather than looking like shields.

Oh well, not a major problem.

cedstonge

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: April 06, 2017, 03:56:13 pm »

i might be dumb or somthing but i cant find the option to not launch Df in full screen

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: April 08, 2017, 08:33:49 pm »

the full screen mode option in masterwork is on the first screen... it asks do you want it to be "windowed" YES/NO YES allows you not to be fullscreen.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

DG123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: April 10, 2017, 06:28:13 pm »

Is the special warbeast kennel workshop currently missing from the new Masterwork mod versions? I was planning on armouring some animals but I can't see a building anywhere that can do it.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: April 10, 2017, 09:14:45 pm »

that was removed in 42.06 I believe DG.  no modified war beasts...  I wasn't here when that happened, so I don't know the details of that.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

-Nihil-

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: April 10, 2017, 10:12:03 pm »

I think it was due to the fact it was too much of a hack how it was done. I believe that armored animals gave birth to the armored version of the animal.

I am guessing that Meph didn't want to include it until it could be done in a better way.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: April 11, 2017, 09:41:07 am »

I think it was due to the fact it was too much of a hack how it was done. I believe that armored animals gave birth to the armored version of the animal.

I am guessing that Meph didn't want to include it until it could be done in a better way.

I'd agree that Meph wouldn't want to include it until it could be done better.  but thinking about it... If you set them up as separate caste with a 0 pop ratio, they wouldn't be able to born armored, but you would have to designate 2 armored castes(male and female) for every pet you want to allow to be an armored.   If you want all war trainable pets to be able to be armored then all the creatures will need armored castes, because the mods currently provide all pets trainable (Steel Armored mountain tuskox warbeast... go!).

really though that reminds me of a civ idea, were only 3 of the castes had birth rates the rest had 0 birth rates and you would have to transform your units to get those castes.  The 3 castes with starting birthrates were drones at like 1,999,999,998 to 1 male and 1 female.  I was thinking of testing the base idea to see if any such civ could survive if the males and females were limited in such a way and all other castes were asexual.  Even if it would be an immediately appear and die off race, at least it would of been playable as a dead civ, and through transformations, 1 male and 1 female could be created in an embark site(trying to maintain more than that would trigger an autokill script that would destroy a unit trying to be a second male or second female),  I could digress for hours about the ideas and concepts I had for such a race.  specialized castes that could only accomplish certain jobs, restricted or 0 learning rates for certain skills to force you to use the specialized castes.  specialized buildings and building materials.  magic and cool features... but I would really be digressing then.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

-Nihil-

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: April 11, 2017, 12:19:13 pm »

I'd agree that Meph wouldn't want to include it until it could be done better.  but thinking about it... If you set them up as separate caste with a 0 pop ratio, they wouldn't be able to born armored, but you would have to designate 2 armored castes(male and female) for every pet you want to allow to be an armored.   If you want all war trainable pets to be able to be armored then all the creatures will need armored castes, because the mods currently provide all pets trainable (Steel Armored mountain tuskox warbeast... go!).

really though that reminds me of a civ idea, were only 3 of the castes had birth rates the rest had 0 birth rates and you would have to transform your units to get those castes.  The 3 castes with starting birthrates were drones at like 1,999,999,998 to 1 male and 1 female.  I was thinking of testing the base idea to see if any such civ could survive if the males and females were limited in such a way and all other castes were asexual.  Even if it would be an immediately appear and die off race, at least it would of been playable as a dead civ, and through transformations, 1 male and 1 female could be created in an embark site(trying to maintain more than that would trigger an autokill script that would destroy a unit trying to be a second male or second female),  I could digress for hours about the ideas and concepts I had for such a race.  specialized castes that could only accomplish certain jobs, restricted or 0 learning rates for certain skills to force you to use the specialized castes.  specialized buildings and building materials.  magic and cool features... but I would really be digressing then.

I had the same ideas with zero birth rate and using transformations for some things I am working on and to fix the armoured pets but I still needed to test it out. I seem to remember a caveat being that attributes and skills get reset when you transform one caste to another? Or maybe there is a better way of doing that now than in the past.

Specifically I always thought it weird that dwarves were born in to particular guilds and that it would make more sense to run transformations at a certain age.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: April 11, 2017, 02:36:42 pm »

I had the same ideas with zero birth rate and using transformations for some things I am working on and to fix the armoured pets but I still needed to test it out. I seem to remember a caveat being that attributes and skills get reset when you transform one caste to another? Or maybe there is a better way of doing that now than in the past.

Specifically I always thought it weird that dwarves were born in to particular guilds and that it would make more sense to run transformations at a certain age.

yes I thought it was weird too, the only reason i think it happens is because meph wanted the guilds to show up in embarks... personally, I'd rather have them all set to 0 except maybe masons.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

-Nihil-

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: April 11, 2017, 02:51:11 pm »

yes I thought it was weird too, the only reason i think it happens is because meph wanted the guilds to show up in embarks... personally, I'd rather have them all set to 0 except maybe masons.

Other problem is that people in world gen would not ever get a guild if it was done through a special reaction. Which isn't a big deal but it adds some personality to the world I think.

DG123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: April 11, 2017, 04:34:02 pm »

But there's a Gelding function, so surely that could be combined with the armoring to produce infertile armored animals?

Actually I'm sure I remember the wiki page about the warbeast kennel saying that armoring makes the animal infertile. So I don't see how offspring would be a problem.

On a different note, it looks like some of the metals have been removed from the game. Such as Iridium. I think Wolfram was just renamed as Tungsten for some reason?

But anyway I'm curious what this means for the runeforging features. Are some of the enchantment/rune types now removed entirely, such as the instant kill chance I think you got from Iridium?

Is there an up to date list of the runes anywhere?

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: April 11, 2017, 05:59:40 pm »

from the raws: reaction_dwarf_civ.txt

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:SPATTER_ADD_WEAPON_ADAMANTINE]
[NAME:Engrave adamantine runes (double damage)]
[BUILDING:RUNESMITH:CUSTOM_ALT_A][BUILDING:RUNESMITH:CUSTOM_ALT_A]
[DESCRIPTION:Causing the enemy to take double damage by any weapon on hit.]

[REACTION:SPATTER_ADD_WEAPON_BRONZE]
[NAME:Engrave bronze runes (crazed)]
[BUILDING:RUNESMITH:CUSTOM_ALT_B][BUILDING:RUNESMITH:CUSTOM_ALT_B]
[DESCRIPTION:25% chance to make enemies crazed on hit.]

[REACTION:SPATTER_ADD_WEAPON_COBALT]
[NAME:Engrave cobalt runes (bleeding)]
[BUILDING:RUNESMITH:CUSTOM_ALT_O][BUILDING:RUNESMITH:CUSTOM_ALT_O]
[DESCRIPTION:Extra bleeding effect on hit.]

[REACTION:SPATTER_ADD_WEAPON_COPPER]
[NAME:Engrave copper runes (nausea)]
[BUILDING:RUNESMITH:CUSTOM_ALT_E][BUILDING:RUNESMITH:CUSTOM_ALT_E]
[DESCRIPTION:25% chance to make enemies sick on hit.]

[REACTION:SPATTER_ADD_WEAPON_ORICHALCUM]
[NAME:Engrave orichalcum runes (insta-gib)]
[BUILDING:RUNESMITH:CUSTOM_ALT_R][BUILDING:RUNESMITH:CUSTOM_ALT_R]
[DESCRIPTION:5% chance of instantly killing an enemy on hit.]

[REACTION:SPATTER_ADD_WEAPON_IRON]
[NAME:Engrave iron runes (pain)]
[BUILDING:RUNESMITH:CUSTOM_ALT_I][BUILDING:RUNESMITH:CUSTOM_ALT_I]
[DESCRIPTION:Extra pain effect on hit.]

[REACTION:SPATTER_ADD_WEAPON_GOLD]
[NAME:Engrave gold runes (weaken)]
[BUILDING:RUNESMITH:CUSTOM_ALT_G][BUILDING:RUNESMITH:CUSTOM_ALT_G]
[DESCRIPTION:Removes immunities like paralyze-immune, no-pain, no-fear, etc. on hit.]

[REACTION:SPATTER_ADD_WEAPON_MITHRIL]
[NAME:Engrave mithril runes (sleep)]
[BUILDING:RUNESMITH:CUSTOM_ALT_H][BUILDING:RUNESMITH:CUSTOM_ALT_H]
[DESCRIPTION:10% to knock enemies unconscious on hit.]

[REACTION:SPATTER_ADD_WEAPON_SILVER]
[NAME:Engrave silver runes (anti-werebeast)]
[BUILDING:RUNESMITH:CUSTOM_ALT_V][BUILDING:RUNESMITH:CUSTOM_ALT_V]
[DESCRIPTION:Triple damage to werebeasts on hit.]

[REACTION:SPATTER_ADD_WEAPON_STEEL]
[NAME:Engrave steel runes (cough blood)]
[BUILDING:RUNESMITH:CUSTOM_ALT_S][BUILDING:RUNESMITH:CUSTOM_ALT_S]
[DESCRIPTION:50% chance to make enemies cough blood on hit.]

[REACTION:SPATTER_ADD_WEAPON_TITANIUM]
[NAME:Engrave titanium runes (paralyze)]
[BUILDING:RUNESMITH:CUSTOM_ALT_T][BUILDING:RUNESMITH:CUSTOM_ALT_T]
[DESCRIPTION:10% chance to paralyze enemies on hit.]

[REACTION:SPATTER_ADD_WEAPON_TUNGSTEN]
[NAME:Engrave tungsten runes (slow)]
[BUILDING:RUNESMITH:CUSTOM_ALT_W][BUILDING:RUNESMITH:CUSTOM_ALT_W]
[DESCRIPTION:Adds 75% speed reduction on hit.]

yes several metals were renamed. i don't think any were fully removed.  other than rusty iron.
the iridium I think became orichalcum.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

-Nihil-

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: April 11, 2017, 08:08:39 pm »

But there's a Gelding function, so surely that could be combined with the armoring to produce infertile armored animals?

Actually I'm sure I remember the wiki page about the warbeast kennel saying that armoring makes the animal infertile. So I don't see how offspring would be a problem.

Yet that doesn't really make sense either. Just because you put a sweater on a dog doesn't make it infertile. In the previous versions there was not a way that made sense all the way around. We had to sacrifice something. I think Meph removed them when he started fresh in the hopes a better solution would be found. There is just a lot to do.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: April 11, 2017, 09:29:34 pm »

a lot to do there is... we even had a script from milo we wanted to implement, that would really differentiate the races.  basically it would allow you to turn off or on vanilla buildings based on onLoad.init script commands for each race.  so if you wanted to get rid of say the vanilla version of bowyer shop you could.  It was going to be integral to the race concept I was building on, as none of the vanilla DF shops would be usable, except for butcher shop (there's an issue where if you can't build a butcher shop, your units can't butcher their kills, no butcher = no food source from animals).  There is just SOOOooooo much to be done. 

What is really needed is a series of script writers for each race, and each race needs all its reactions condensed into their own separate files.  all the common reactions (reactions used in more than one race, clay reactions come to mind, but there is others, stone/bone/wood/gem craft shops, stone/bone/gem forges, archaeologists, etc.) should be grouped into individual raw files so that they can be identified as not race specific.  Orcs have that kind of problem, half their reactions are in the human, dwarf, and kobold files.  if they are to be shared they should be combined into separate files from the races.  maybe a reaction_clay.txt file that would do all the reactions involving clay shops.  similar issues for buildings, items, etc.

Right now you have:
Dwarves - no one.
Elves - attempted and abandoned more than once.
Gnomes - attempted and abandoned more than once.
Orcs - currently abandoned, its writer hasn't been on in 8 months.  I started a revision of it, a few have tried it, but it kind of fell to the side line. 
Succubus - Boltgun runs it but is rather busy with many projects and life as best I can tell.
Kobold - no one.
Human - no one.
Nagas - no one.

so we ended up with 0 progress on most of these races (other than orcs. who changed last in September; and succubus, which boltgun updates about once every 2 months) since this time last year.

The raws need to be somewhat detached from the gui.  certain gui tricks used in the past makes editing certain files impossible once the gui has options changed.  if you hit certain features, changes to the entity files are erased or corrupted.  The gui switches basically need to be standardized to the on off format that he began to switch too last summer.  ex.: "YESTHISMOD[";"NO_THISMOD!";"YESTHISMOD!";"NO_THISMOD[" tags you find through out the raws. basically equal length find and replace lines in the files so that they don't mess up the end of the file.  pretty much ensure any implemented switch performs its job.  I think this is why certain options aren't functioning correctly.

hmm what else can people come up with?
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 166