Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 897387 times)

joffree

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (43.03) - DF2016 - Newest version! - Updated 9th Dec
« Reply #1935 on: May 20, 2017, 12:46:20 pm »

so ive been trying to play master work for a while now, every time it crashes. ive had it work on a normal map o i think its the custom map im making. i get all the way up to embarking and just before the game starts i get this message: the exception unknown software exception 0x0000015 ocurred in the app at location 0x64acd635 and this is the only thing in the eror log is *** Error(s) found in the file "data/save/region2/raw/objects/creature_random_myth_beast_standard_mdf.txt"
SEAL_ANIMAL_WEEVIL BP Add Type GELDABLE Was Not Used
*** Error(s) found in the file "data/save/region2/raw/objects/creature_random_myth_beast_standard_mdf.txt"
*** Error(s) found in the file "data/save/region2/raw/objects/creature_random_myth_beast_standard_mdf.txt"

tase

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: May 20, 2017, 01:03:09 pm »

Looks like the default profile doesn't contain entries for all the options available; notably the "FPS - Boosters" in the Settings tab. I was trying to revert to the default profile after getting errors in DFHack and noticed those options where never reset to their default.

joffree

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: May 20, 2017, 01:33:50 pm »

so do i need to disable something to be able to get it to run?

tase

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: May 20, 2017, 03:22:11 pm »

No I was reporting an unrelated bug.

Also an other report, turning on certain invaders from the Fortress Defense mod will cause the fonts to just be colored blocks after all the glyphs are loaded.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: May 20, 2017, 08:54:34 pm »

so ive been trying to play master work for a while now, every time it crashes. ive had it work on a normal map o i think its the custom map im making. i get all the way up to embarking and just before the game starts i get this message: the exception unknown software exception 0x0000015 ocurred in the app at location 0x64acd635 and this is the only thing in the eror log is *** Error(s) found in the file "data/save/region2/raw/objects/creature_random_myth_beast_standard_mdf.txt"

Random creatures are buggy.  Honestly I want to remove them.
Looks like the default profile doesn't contain entries for all the options available; notably the "FPS - Boosters" in the Settings tab. I was trying to revert to the default profile after getting errors in DFHack and noticed those options where never reset to their default.

which version of masterwork are you using... and I don't think the FPS-boosters were saved in the default settings, but I can check if its version 1.25, and set them if they are not for 1.26....   but....

No I was reporting an unrelated bug.

Also an other report, turning on certain invaders from the Fortress Defense mod will cause the fonts to just be colored blocks after all the glyphs are loaded.

with this note it sounds like your using 1.23 and that one is rather buggy with graphics, always has been and I would suggest upgrading to 1.25...  You can tell if your on the starting screen it tells you if you are using DF 43.03 (which is MW v 1.23 and prior), and DF 43.05 (which is MW v 1.24 and later).

Nearly all errors in v 1.23 are corrected 1.25 (well a lot of common errors have been corrected by 1.25), and errors are being discovered and corrected as fast as they can be.

Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

tase

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: May 20, 2017, 09:36:53 pm »

I'm using the one at http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=5315 which is linked in the OP, I guess that's an out-of-date link.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: May 20, 2017, 10:32:27 pm »

I'm using the one at http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=5315 which is linked in the OP, I guess that's an out-of-date link.

yeah, that one is 6 months out of date... here:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=163261.0

Meph is still on the road, and I've been fixing errors in his absence.  try what your doing on this version and let me know your results. 

Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Evans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: May 28, 2017, 07:07:32 am »

Any news when our Masterwork Creator will return?

I am eager to try 43.05, but I see it has a plenty of issues ATM :)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 07:28:00 am by Evans »
getlost.lua # How to get rid of tavern guests
function getlost ()
   local unit = dfhack.gui.getSelectedUnit (true)
   unit.flags1.forest = true
end
getlost ()

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: May 28, 2017, 08:42:40 am »

If you want to try 43.05, check the forum, there's a link in my sig, it's running better than 1.23 ever did, it's in my link.  If you are concerned about when meph will return well check his links you can send him twitters, you can follow/post to his Facebook, you can find him on Reddit.  There is a lot of info on him and his bike tours.   
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

Lordsservent-san

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: May 29, 2017, 03:24:00 am »

If you want to try 43.05, check the forum, there's a link in my sig, it's running better than 1.23 ever did, it's in my link.  If you are concerned about when meph will return well check his links you can send him twitters, you can follow/post to his Facebook, you can find him on Reddit.  There is a lot of info on him and his bike tours.   
Thank you for bug fixing this amazing mod pack, and for helping keep it updated while Meph is away.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: May 29, 2017, 06:47:57 pm »

I found that issue it was a duplicated section of code that was trying to make the females geldable... removed the duplicated section and it cleared up immediately.  It will be in the 1.27 update.

Thank you for bug fixing this amazing mod pack, and for helping keep it updated while Meph is away.

Thank you.  I appreciate that.  I'm hoping to get it to 0 issues and o errors so I can rest... I didn't really pick it up intentionally... My original plan was producing a 43.05x64 version for testing scripts and raw code changes.... ended up sucking me in to the script/raw fixes that MDF so desperately needed.  I'm requesting that if anyone knows any errors that they can fix to submit it to my github, I'll review it and admit it if its a good fix.  If you don't know then come over to the new forum post and discuss it there.  Considering the number of fixes and updates I'm working through this is a break neck pace for any programmer.... I'm surprised i'm maintaining an online and RL social life on top of this. lol
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1946 on: May 29, 2017, 07:31:53 pm »

I only just realized you were updating this, I had put it on hold while Meph was outta town. I just grabbed the latest and will be testing it out. Thanks for your hard work, we appreciate it!

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: May 29, 2017, 09:14:30 pm »

I only just realized you were updating this, I had put it on hold while Meph was outta town. I just grabbed the latest and will be testing it out. Thanks for your hard work, we appreciate it!

Glad to see another join the fray! thanks for the thumbs up!

status of 1.27 update:
1. errors from the errorlog. I've removed several more... almost 0.
2. alcohol names, duplicates. - done, 3 duplicates, portabella's - dwarven portabella gin, blue caps - dwarven vodka, white caps - dwarven brandy.
3. Outsourced documentation: I've got a lead documentation developer working on the documentation packed with masterwork.
4. Grim's historical arms. some inherent oddities in the new version may not upgrade.
5. Stal's armoury.
6. Entity reformat for Hermit entity file.
7. fixed that periodic check thing by disabling it - done.
8. fix these:
Duplicate "ENERGY_TEMPLATE" in material_template_zm5.txt and in material_template_masterwork.txt
Empty token [] in creature_subterranean.txt SPIDER_CAVE_GIANT line 1085
Duplicate "SOUL_GEM" in inorganic_zm5 and inorganic_succubus.txt
Duplicate "4TUSKS" in body_zm5.txt and in body_default.txt
Duplicate "8EYES" in body_zm5.txt and in body_masterwork.txt
Duplicate "BRAIN_NOTHOUGHT" in body_zm5.txt and in body_masterwork.txt
Duplicate "SKELETON_MATERIALS" in b_detail_plan_zm5.txt and in b_detail_plan_masterwork.txt
Duplicate "SKELETON_TISSUES" in b_detail_plan_zm5 and in b_detail_plan_masterwork.txt
- done.
9. update armok vision.
10. Well I fixed the modest milling so it doesn't dump 1000 errors anymore - done.
11. fix dwarf merchants. done.  no longer needs 5 stacks of coins ... changed it to 1 gold bar.
12. figure out whats going on in default profile. - fixed, let me know if anything doesn't seem to be working correctly on it.
13. liquid fire - boltgun is investigating this, we will go with his recommendations, currently I can't even get a save that has a dwarf with anything of liquid fire.
14. coral plant from naga - removed for some reason creatures made of it are so brittle that they crumble to nothing(yep thats the final determination, these creatures are taking on severe damage as they move and in about 100 ticks from appearing they turn to dust) and this causes games to crash to desktop (the game cannot handle the creature becoming nothing without dying, it doesn't die its still there without a body...)... this may not be the actual cause, I could not verify that it was or was not the coral plant in naga, but since we didn't need it for anything, disabling it was the best option to see if coral collapsing creatures continue to appear.
15. isoworld update if I can find it. impossible, last update was years ago.
16. legendsViewer updated to v 1.17 - done.

any other updates you would like to see... anything else odd? let me know.

Please send any info you have on the 1.26 or later versions on my link below in my sig!
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

woven silk.

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: May 30, 2017, 02:36:11 pm »

Hey, were you looking for a save with liquid fire with dwarves?

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: May 30, 2017, 03:43:50 pm »

YES I am!  do you have one?
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 166