Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 897321 times)

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (43.03) - DF2016 - Newest version! - Updated 9th Dec
« Reply #1950 on: June 01, 2017, 07:52:35 pm »

New version 1.27 up over in my post.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Donationbox

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: June 02, 2017, 09:04:42 pm »

There are a few issues I've noted while playing as kobolds.

- Exported wealth does not count
- The race Dodge bonus is quite significant, but as their ONLY worldgen weapons are cobalt it combines to make kobolds a very powerful civilization which distracts thematically (allowing them STONE_PREF actually makes them weaker), and in regular gameplay it's quite easy to access these weapons from caravans while making it difficult to acquire embark tools. A change to a lesser metal or a workaround to generate bone and wood weapons (not the current WOOD_WEAPON tag, which disables treecutting) may be in order?
- Some embarks begin with all kobolds suiciding themselves onto wildlife they can't kill
- Since all trophies are UNTHINKABLE they can't butcher sapients. Not sure if this is intended as eating sapients is set to ACCEPTABLE. They also have problems butchering things in general, as any incidental animal kills made by pets and such would not be butchered.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 11:14:55 pm by Donationbox »

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: June 03, 2017, 06:16:57 am »

There are a few issues I've noted while playing as kobolds.

- Exported wealth does not count
- The race Dodge bonus is quite significant, but as their ONLY worldgen weapons are cobalt it combines to make kobolds a very powerful civilization which distracts thematically (allowing them STONE_PREF actually makes them weaker), and in regular gameplay it's quite easy to access these weapons from caravans while making it difficult to acquire embark tools. A change to a lesser metal or a workaround to generate bone and wood weapons (not the current WOOD_WEAPON tag, which disables treecutting) may be in order?
- Some embarks begin with all kobolds suiciding themselves onto wildlife they can't kill
- Since all trophies are UNTHINKABLE they can't butcher sapients. Not sure if this is intended as eating sapients is set to ACCEPTABLE. They also have problems butchering things in general, as any incidental animal kills made by pets and such would not be butchered.

butchering "sapients" has been broken in vanilla DF along with butchering named animals etc since the introduction to 42.06  so any setting you set there really doesn't matter until vanilla DF is fixed in that regard.

embarking kobolds should avoid the initial embark wildlife, I'd suggest digging a hole and building a wall around it, immediately.  but Kobolds die pretty easy, anyway.

only certain Kobold castes have dodge bonuses and I'd suggest figuring out which ones and using them for your hunters and military.  Cobalt is hard to come by for a lot of Kobold civs, either it doesn't generate near the surface so they can dig it (i.e. turn stone undiggable on for the real kobold experience), or if they can get to some, its not nearly as much as what you need for a proper military, additionally, you have to trade for an anvil.. kobolds don't have any suitable.  oh and cobalt isn't all that great its between tin and copper in its values last I checked.

Kobolds have lots of issues and most times if you enable more then the base set of races, either will not spawn or be wiped out in the first 50 years... really they aren't that strong.

exported wealth?  I'm not sure what you are trying to say there.

additionally which version are you using?
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Evans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: June 03, 2017, 08:04:06 am »

If you want to try 43.05, check the forum, there's a link in my sig, it's running better than 1.23 ever did, it's in my link.  If you are concerned about when meph will return well check his links you can send him twitters, you can follow/post to his Facebook, you can find him on Reddit.  There is a lot of info on him and his bike tours.   
You do a great job with it, although I am a little scared to move to a new version, to be honest.
getlost.lua # How to get rid of tavern guests
function getlost ()
   local unit = dfhack.gui.getSelectedUnit (true)
   unit.flags1.forest = true
end
getlost ()

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #1954 on: June 03, 2017, 08:14:04 am »

I'm not familiar with their raws, but if the playable Kobolds have ITEM_THIEF in their entity file then goods exported to their caravans will count as "stolen" and not count towards the "exported wealth" triggers for sieges and megabeasts.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: June 03, 2017, 08:04:42 pm »

If you want to try 43.05, check the forum, there's a link in my sig, it's running better than 1.23 ever did, it's in my link.  If you are concerned about when meph will return well check his links you can send him twitters, you can follow/post to his Facebook, you can find him on Reddit.  There is a lot of info on him and his bike tours.   
You do a great job with it, although I am a little scared to move to a new version, to be honest.

I can understand being nervous, I'm just saying its there... Meph has been very busy the past few months and I'm waiting as much as anyone, so I'm moving us forward while waiting on his return.

I'm not familiar with their raws, but if the playable Kobolds have ITEM_THIEF in their entity file then goods exported to their caravans will count as "stolen" and not count towards the "exported wealth" triggers for sieges and megabeasts.

hmmm I didn't think about that one... I thought they were fixed... orcs have exported wealth and the same problem of their stuff being supposedly stolen every time you turn around when caravans leave.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

lightcaster

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: June 06, 2017, 02:39:34 pm »

i ran into a problem today, I placed both a magmawell and a waterwell, but neither seem to do anything? I can make the jobs, and a dwarf will come do them, but then nothing happens. Are they not fully implemented yet? Or am I doing something wrong?

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: June 06, 2017, 03:18:15 pm »

i ran into a problem today, I placed both a magmawell and a waterwell, but neither seem to do anything? I can make the jobs, and a dwarf will come do them, but then nothing happens. Are they not fully implemented yet? Or am I doing something wrong?

1. Which masterwork version did you download?
2. did you dig out the floor under the well.  it has to be open at least at the square directly n/s/w/e of the well on the floor below where you want it to spawn.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

LCastillo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: June 07, 2017, 04:40:55 pm »

Is it intended that all of the masterwork added batch workshops make products with nothing but  baseline quality? I have pretty high level dwarfs making stuff but I haven't seen any masterwork or even superior level quality items produced from the furniture shop for example.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 04:54:13 pm by LCastillo »

lightcaster

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: June 08, 2017, 04:57:53 pm »

1. Which masterwork version did you download?
2. did you dig out the floor under the well.  it has to be open at least at the square directly n/s/w/e of the well on the floor below where you want it to spawn.

Ah, I did not realize this. I thought I just plopped it and it went. Thanks!

LCastillo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: June 10, 2017, 03:20:03 pm »

Is it intended that all of the masterwork added batch workshops make products with nothing but  baseline quality? I have pretty high level dwarfs making stuff but I haven't seen any masterwork or even superior level quality items produced from the furniture shop for example.

I just figured out the problem, the furniture workshop uses Masonry instead of Stonecrafting even though it uses blocks.

StevedaG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: June 11, 2017, 08:20:41 am »

so...are there any news for the new version?

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: June 11, 2017, 08:17:14 pm »

Which version are you using and which version are you looking for?

I've been updating masterwork for 4 months. and It's maintained in a separate post here in the Masterwork forums.  Link in my signature.  Meph is still offline for the time being, involved in his RL work of traveling/documenting the world by bike, etc.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

StevedaG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: June 12, 2017, 06:55:39 am »

I've been updating masterwork for 4 months. and It's maintained in a separate post here in the Masterwork forums.  Link in my signature.  Meph is still offline for the time being, involved in his RL work of traveling/documenting the world by bike, etc.
new version from you that is

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: June 12, 2017, 08:07:23 am »

new version from you that is

Either Thursday or Friday... I try to do public releases on what I think is solid work, and well so far its a circular thing this update, ( a loop of things dependent on each other so I'm having to get them all right ) ... the mid way process can be viewed on my github( the planned branch, is as stable as it can be, I only upload to it in "complete" batches ), and discussed on discord on a dedicated to MDF channel, come and join the conversation, we are building a community.

Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 166