Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 895880 times)

Khaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (43.03) - DF2016 - Newest version! - Updated 9th Dec
« Reply #1965 on: June 12, 2017, 04:33:31 pm »

Popping this here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=164483.0, for anyone who would like to try their hand at giving us some nice introduction text for the game.
Like this:

Ambaire

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: June 17, 2017, 02:49:51 pm »

I downloaded the latest version of masterwork and started it up, using TWBT print mode and a font specified, but when I get into the 'create world' screen, all the text becomes blobs of color. They persist if I quit to the main menu. I tried changing print mode to standard, didn't help, but 2D did, not that I'm going to be playing without TWBT. Any ideas?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: Extracted the archive to a new folder, duplicated my settings, and the problem is gone. idkwtf. Trying the first one still had the problem.

edit 2: And after I created the world and went to embark, problem came back again. :(
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 03:23:34 pm by Ambaire »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: June 17, 2017, 03:18:16 pm »

If it's happening with STANDARD too, it might be an issue with your graphics card/drivers. You could try Large Address Aware, though - that's worked for some people with similar issues.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Ambaire

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: June 17, 2017, 03:28:30 pm »

If it's happening with STANDARD too, it might be an issue with your graphics card/drivers. You could try Large Address Aware, though - that's worked for some people with similar issues.

Thanks, doing LAA seems to have fixed it, for the moment.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: June 17, 2017, 08:38:11 pm »

I downloaded the latest version of masterwork and started it up, using TWBT print mode and a font specified, but when I get into the 'create world' screen, all the text becomes blobs of color. They persist if I quit to the main menu. I tried changing print mode to standard, didn't help, but 2D did, not that I'm going to be playing without TWBT. Any ideas?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: Extracted the archive to a new folder, duplicated my settings, and the problem is gone. idkwtf. Trying the first one still had the problem.

edit 2: And after I created the world and went to embark, problem came back again. :(

Its the failure of 1.23.... we are currently on 1.28 and that error is fixed.  It runs in x64 systems only though as its on the DF 43.05 x64 the link is below in my signature.   I can't update this pages primary link though, as its a fixed link by Meph on this forum.  additionally there is so many fixes in the current version compared to 1.23 its by far a much better version of masterwork to be on.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #1970 on: June 24, 2017, 10:56:13 pm »

How do I get companions to stop attacking civ members on sight and civ members to stop ambushing me?
Playing as naga adventurer in year 2 and the bands of wrestlers follow me even when fast-traveling.
I installed Masterwork solely to play as nagas and experience multiple enemy species attacking my forts.
But I would like to be able to join a civ as an adventurer without loyalty cascades every time I recruit a childhood friend to go adventuring with me.
Nagas are civilized with skill: 4 in the Civs settings screen.

Edit: Happens in vanilla too, so I submitted a bug report - http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=10259

Edit: Pressing 'y' and asking them to cease hostilities seems to work when my companions aren't with me.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 07:44:24 pm by FakerFangirl »
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

Killermartian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: July 07, 2017, 08:07:04 pm »

How did you make a "titan" playable in adventure mode?

Nightcore Angel

• Bay Watcher
  • Noice! Now, keel over and DIE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: July 25, 2017, 09:13:55 am »

Hi, just dropping by, i haven't play DF or MasterWork for a while and id like to know the progress of things...

How was things? is this mod dead, or everyone is waiting for the next update before updating their mods? i also heard there was that guy who kinda makes a modified version of MW because this one hasnt been updated in a long while? Any crazy things happening (guess since this is DF, there is bound to have things like that happen), the last one i heard was traders having spontaneous combustion when entering the map? XD

Cheers, Angel.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #1973 on: July 25, 2017, 10:07:02 am »

Hi, just dropping by, i haven't play DF or MasterWork for a while and id like to know the progress of things...

How was things? is this mod dead, or everyone is waiting for the next update before updating their mods? i also heard there was that guy who kinda makes a modified version of MW because this one hasnt been updated in a long while? Any crazy things happening (guess since this is DF, there is bound to have things like that happen), the last one i heard was traders having spontaneous combustion when entering the map? XD

Cheers, Angel.
No idea where Meph's off to, however Amostubal's maintaining an unofficial version.

blapnk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: August 02, 2017, 01:14:11 am »

So, dwarven Golems can perform labours but can't learn any skills, apart from military ones. However, they can learn civilian skills through the library. I discovered this because I had set my library on repeat,  hoping that eventually various misc skills will be disseminated amongst my population with a minimum amount of micromanagement. Now I have an Iron Golem that is skilled in surgery. No idea how my dwarves feel about their new surgeon.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: August 02, 2017, 03:59:30 am »

If golems have learn rates on 0, that... really shouldn't happen.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: August 02, 2017, 02:49:42 pm »

I think there might be some confusion here. Masterwork has a library workshop that is completely seperate from the vanilla library locations.

Quote from: The first post
Library:
Six library sections, of warfare, mind&body, farmwork, crafting, smithing&engineering and philosophy. They instantly give any dwarf reading up on a skill a basic knowledge in it. Good for migrants and militias.

Given that I recall there being some DFhack command to do with libraries, I imagine that using the library workshop gives you a small[4ish] number of skill levels after the task is complete, bypassing learn rates entirely.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 06:12:20 pm by Arcvasti »
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

ANickel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: August 02, 2017, 03:35:13 pm »

Does anyone have an update on Meph?  Seems like he's been gone forever, and it surprises me that he hasn't even stopped by briefly.  ;(

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1978 on: August 02, 2017, 03:52:27 pm »

Does anyone have an update on Meph?  Seems like he's been gone forever, and it surprises me that he hasn't even stopped by briefly.  ;(
His last patreon update was December 9th. It has been a while.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: August 02, 2017, 04:08:16 pm »

Could someone give me the link to the nonMeph masterwork mod?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 166