Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 897322 times)

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (43.03) - DF2016 - Newest version! - Updated 9th Dec
« Reply #2040 on: November 08, 2017, 08:39:36 pm »

config utility?  I'm guessing you are talking about the MDF Launcher?  Its written in VB. and if you checked the github for MMDF 1.29 you can find it there.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Forwe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: December 01, 2017, 04:51:58 pm »

That's all well and good but it isn't really ethical to continue collecting patreon donations in the interim.

People can stop donating whenever they want.
Of course they can, and many have. Most of his money comes from two people pledging at the $40/month tier. The fact that they could stop the pledge at any point doesn't mean it's right to continue taking their money.

If these two decide that they wish to support his bike endeavours, in gratitude for what he's already done, for any other reason, or for even no reason at all, then there's nothing wrong or "unethical" with him taking these donations. They're all voluntary, his mod is in a playable state for the previous version last I checked, and he DID say that he's going on the trip round the various countries, and that updates will halt to pretty much nill. He ain't pointing a gun to anyone's head, is he?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2042 on: December 02, 2017, 07:13:47 am »

If these two decide that they wish to support his bike endeavours, in gratitude for what he's already done, for any other reason, or for even no reason at all, then there's nothing wrong or "unethical" with him taking these donations. They're all voluntary, his mod is in a playable state for the previous version last I checked, and he DID say that he's going on the trip round the various countries, and that updates will halt to pretty much nill. He ain't pointing a gun to anyone's head, is he?
I have to disagree with you. He made no such post that I am aware of on his Patreon. His last post was on December 9th, 2016 when he released version 1.23. It states that 'next week' he will be doing another bugfix and balance update and adding new content. Nowhere in his patreon posts is it indicated that he's leaving.

He's well within his rights to pursue his biking, obviously. His patreon though is for (quoting here) "tl;dr: Masterwork DF. Weekly updates. Every Friday. Support it. Thanks.". That is on the front page. It does not mention "also supporting my biking hobby". If he wanted to open a patreon for people to donate to his biking, that would be fine too but if he no longer plans to support the masterwork patreon for the time being (as it has been nearly a year now with no word) then he should pause it until he picks it up again. You can easily suspend patreons and then resume them.

Instead he's chosen to continue receiving money donations for something he's not doing, for a year. If any other charity or donation-fed organization did that, they'd be burned at the stake. It's unethical.

Metaltooth

• Bay Watcher
  • Icon of Sin
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (43.03) - DF2016 - Newest version! - Only one year outdated
« Reply #2043 on: December 10, 2017, 08:24:57 pm »

I wonder whats in store for the next eventual update
o̗͕̘̯͈̺r̬e̶̻̗̲̹m͎̘̹͓̦̼̟͝o͕̮̦R͇̥̻̭͟ ̕ņ̗h̪̰̱o̢J͚̬̲ ̧͍̫̜̲͔̺é̤̩̫m̗͍̘̟͖͠ l͇̫̪͖͓̰͝l̕i̮k̻͈̺̱̗ ͙̱̠̥̳̱̘t҉̪s̢͈u͙͉̘̮͘m̳̜̞̳̞̝ ̴͖̠̖̤͕̱u̱̬͚̗͍͞o̢y̴ ̶͚̝̳͇̞e̢̠m̥̤̳̙̣̙̭͢a͚̳̞͉̭g ̛͙e̤̫͉̜͉͘h̗̘̱̤͚͘t̜̺͕ ̴͙͍͉̮̯ņ̘͉̼͓̲ͅi̜̻̰̫̘̠͕w̧̲̘ ̧͔̯o̱̳̘T̗͖

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2044 on: December 10, 2017, 08:28:09 pm »

Will now that he is back I'm sure we'll see something soon. He mentioned finishing the tileset as well

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2045 on: December 10, 2017, 08:58:09 pm »

Dabbled a bit in photoshop to get back into it.

Lets welcome the mothman, tickman, louseman, thripsman, slugman, mosquito man, cave spiderman, brown recluse spiderman, snailman, grasshopperman and moonsnailman.
Yep. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

wags

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: December 10, 2017, 10:14:24 pm »

Dabbled a bit in photoshop to get back into it.

Lets welcome the mothman, tickman, louseman, thripsman, slugman, mosquito man, cave spiderman, brown recluse spiderman, snailman, grasshopperman and moonsnailman.
Yep. :)

That's awesome!
Have a nice day!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2047 on: December 11, 2017, 10:06:43 am »

Thanks.

Another ten: Dragonfly, Dragonflyman, Grasshopper, Mantis, Platypusman, Stoatman, Lynxman, Antman, Flying Squirrelman, Giant Olm, Olmman.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Sodalitas

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: December 12, 2017, 05:37:41 pm »

The new critters look great! It's great to see you back!

wags

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: December 12, 2017, 05:46:39 pm »

I'm actually playing Masterwork again because I'm happy about your return.
Have a nice day!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2050 on: December 14, 2017, 11:03:04 am »

Got a message from Clément today, who took over DwarfTherapist from Splinterz. He was still missing profession icons, so I finished the missing icons for him.

Not perfectly happy with them, but 16x16 is hard to work with. Or rather 12x12, since they need a background icon within the icon.  ::)

Lordsservent-san

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: December 14, 2017, 02:28:48 pm »

So, once the 43.03 and 43.05 versions are finished, do you have any plans for the version 44.02+ version is of dwarf fortress(now that raiding is actually a thing in Dwarf Fortress)?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2052 on: December 14, 2017, 04:33:03 pm »

So, once the 43.03 and 43.05 versions are finished, do you have any plans for the version 44.02+ version is of dwarf fortress(now that raiding is actually a thing in Dwarf Fortress)?
Not sure if raiding can be done with raw modding. But I'll release a 44. version for sure, once dfhack fully works.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: December 14, 2017, 04:41:47 pm »

Not sure if raiding can be done with raw modding. But I'll release a 44. version for sure, once dfhack fully works.

Nono, raiding was added to the base game.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2054 on: December 15, 2017, 02:41:41 am »

I know, but I don't think it can be affected with raws, or can it? Aka modded content that changes or adds to the new raiding mechanic.
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 166