Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 906437 times)

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (43.05) - DF2016 - Newest version! - Updated 15th Dec 2017
« Reply #2070 on: December 23, 2017, 11:55:40 am »

Yeah, apparently Toady changed something where the game has separate running systems (x64)/(x32). I think Masterwork is (x64) "bit" only so I cannot get it to work... This Dell Vostro freaking sucks, it cannot even run the most advanced iteration of Dwarf Fortress much less run CK2 without staggering lag lol

Vulkanis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: December 23, 2017, 07:34:26 pm »

Hello, I downloaded the ready to use package from this thread using this link. When I launch the program using these settings it displays certain fonts as creature sprites (totally illegible). Can someone help me fix it, please? I'm also getting an issue where after loading an embark it crashes, but it seems like as long as there are illegible characters like these then it doesn't happen. that last one is before the main menu btw. Thanks for the help.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2072 on: December 23, 2017, 08:54:20 pm »

That is a very comprehensive report, thank you.

The weird characters you see are because TWBT is not active, I can say that for sure. If it crashes with correct characters, and doesn't crash without them, then it's certainly based on TWBT/dfhack... is it a rather old graphics card you use?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Vulkanis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: December 23, 2017, 11:17:25 pm »

I am using the Meph tileset included with the pack. Is there a specific way to initiate TWBT besides using the settings I provided in the last post? I really appreciate your help.

I read graphics card as graphics set  ::)
My graphics card is very new as is my CPU. Is it a new Nvidia setting that could be causing this or my AMD CPU?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 11:27:30 pm by Vulkanis »

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: December 24, 2017, 08:50:47 am »

It just looks like TWBT hasn't completed its load in...  I've seen that screen before, and the first time you load DF it takes upwards of a minute for the twbt to fully load.  The Dfhack window still has a load of stuff to say before DF is ready to play.   As far as crash at embark... unknown... but doubt that its TwbT.  I would just reattempt a new world creation and embark, occasionally it just fails,  MDF is a heavily modified DF system.  if it still crashes, turn a few options off and retry, starting with the mod page.

I also don't think its a graphics card or an AMD issue.  or we would be seeing hundreds of these reports, with correlation to a type of graphic card or type of cpu or OS etc.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

oggrr

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: December 24, 2017, 06:56:48 pm »

Hello, I downloaded the ready to use package from this thread using this link. When I launch the program using these settings it displays certain fonts as creature sprites (totally illegible). Can someone help me fix it, please? I'm also getting an issue where after loading an embark it crashes, but it seems like as long as there are illegible characters like these then it doesn't happen. that last one is before the main menu btw. Thanks for the help.

Had the same problem. Seems memory isnt enough to load the font aswell, use the LAA (Large adress aware) and patch the dwarf fortress exe (normal one in folder not the launcher exe) and it will fix the problem.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: December 25, 2017, 09:22:01 am »

I am using the Meph tileset included with the pack. Is there a specific way to initiate TWBT besides using the settings I provided in the last post? I really appreciate your help.

I read graphics card as graphics set  ::)
My graphics card is very new as is my CPU. Is it a new Nvidia setting that could be causing this or my AMD CPU?

Dfhack seem to freeze the game, I have the same issue. Focus the console window and press enter a couple times. That should help. You can also wait for a few seconds, the console should display more stuff upon launch.

If you can control the game (as you can enter in wolrd gen and do stuff), try closing the game and changing the tileset to Phoebus, then back to Meph.

Failing that, switch to Phoebus and set the display to 2D. This problem seems to be fixed for me in the latest betas so that you should not have to worry about it in the future.

OrdinaryWizard

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: December 25, 2017, 11:52:20 pm »

I know I sound stupid but all options for civ and ect to be playable are all greyed out what do I do?

wags

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: December 27, 2017, 12:07:08 pm »

I know I sound stupid but all options for civ and ect to be playable are all greyed out what do I do?
I'm not sure, it's grayed out for me too.
Have a nice day!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2079 on: December 28, 2017, 02:59:38 am »

Could you post a screenshot? Most of them are greyed out, but dwarves, humans, kobolds, orcs, succubi, those should all be playable.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Saeldanya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: December 29, 2017, 08:21:55 am »

Welcome back, Meph!  8)

For future versions - would it be possible to fix humans? I discovered a few issues that were brought up in the humans thread, here. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=137690.960

I'm 95% sure that the lack of neighbor aggressiveness (except for tower inhabitants and megabeasts) isn't a vanilla issue. It happened with all 3 human forts and when I played other races, the difference in neighbor aggressiveness was HUGE. The lack of a barony promotion is also quite a bummer, and humans reeeeally need access to combat focused guilds.

oggrr

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: December 29, 2017, 03:13:21 pm »

I'm 95% sure that the lack of neighbor aggressiveness (except for tower inhabitants and megabeasts) isn't a vanilla issue. It happened with all 3 human forts and when I played other races, the difference in neighbor aggressiveness was HUGE. The lack of a barony promotion is also quite a bummer, and humans reeeeally need access to combat focused guilds.

Sadly i have had the same problem, but with almost every civ. Even if at war i barely get anything. But sadly at year one succubi came and sieged, slaughtered the fort. It seems very rare but it can happen.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2082 on: December 29, 2017, 03:58:48 pm »

I'd say that's more of a DF problem than the mod itself. The game has gotten so much easier since tantrum spirals are gone and armies actually have to cover distance on a world map.

Emperor_Souless

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: December 29, 2017, 08:47:51 pm »

EvilWaffleThing

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: December 29, 2017, 10:07:22 pm »

For some reason whenever I build the Golem Forge my game crashes a few minutes after. I'm not sure if there are any crash logs I can give you but I can post my save file if you'd like.
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 166