Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 905365 times)

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (43.05) - DF2016 - Newest version! - Updated 15th Dec 2017
« Reply #2115 on: February 12, 2018, 12:29:43 pm »

I think meph is taking a break from masterwork (I think he is still working on the graphics set)
Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?

Sooner535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: February 23, 2018, 12:20:42 pm »

That is sad to hear :/ just started playing Masterwork after running 2 fortresses in vanilla (well LNP, but whatever). Anyways anyone have a fix for this yet:

...sktop\DFMW\Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts/exportlegends.lua:662: Cannot read fie
ld vector<caste_raw*>.1: index out of bounds.
stack traceback:
        [C]: in metamethod '__index'
        ...sktop\DFMW\Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts/exportlegends.lua:662: in glob
al 'export_more_legends_xml'
        ...sktop\DFMW\Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts/exportlegends.lua:765: in glob
al 'export_legends_info'
        ...sktop\DFMW\Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts/exportlegends.lua:818: in loca
l 'script_code'
        ...ooner535\Desktop\DFMW\Dwarf Fortress\hack\lua\dfhack.lua:562: in func
tion 'dfhack.run_script_with_env'
        (...tail calls...)

Really annoying to not be able to use the exportall feature

Sooner535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: February 23, 2018, 07:13:52 pm »

Just read the giant I am back post by Meph

Sorry to hear the string of bad luck you've had Meph, take all the time you need and thank you for doing such a great job modding this game and for having the courage to let everyone know what happened

Metaltooth

• Bay Watcher
  • Icon of Sin
    • View Profile

I really hope he or someone on the forums can get around to updating Masterwork to the new version that includes raiding. I think the guy behind the Ork mod could have some fun with it
o̗͕̘̯͈̺r̬e̶̻̗̲̹m͎̘̹͓̦̼̟͝o͕̮̦R͇̥̻̭͟ ̕ņ̗h̪̰̱o̢J͚̬̲ ̧͍̫̜̲͔̺é̤̩̫m̗͍̘̟͖͠ l͇̫̪͖͓̰͝l̕i̮k̻͈̺̱̗ ͙̱̠̥̳̱̘t҉̪s̢͈u͙͉̘̮͘m̳̜̞̳̞̝ ̴͖̠̖̤͕̱u̱̬͚̗͍͞o̢y̴ ̶͚̝̳͇̞e̢̠m̥̤̳̙̣̙̭͢a͚̳̞͉̭g ̛͙e̤̫͉̜͉͘h̗̘̱̤͚͘t̜̺͕ ̴͙͍͉̮̯ņ̘͉̼͓̲ͅi̜̻̰̫̘̠͕w̧̲̘ ̧͔̯o̱̳̘T̗͖

Sooner535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

yes, not to mention I get a crash in MW everytime I play Dwarfs (I need to sit down and get the crash log put up here tbh). But never crashed with humans which I think is odd lol

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
  • [NEED ALCOHOL TO GET THROUGH THE WORKING DAY]
    • View Profile

yes, not to mention I get a crash in MW everytime I play Dwarfs (I need to sit down and get the crash log put up here tbh). But never crashed with humans which I think is odd lol

So, apparently, current version is unstable ?

I like masterwork and I would like to play with it ...
... do you have suggestions on wich version is the actual stable ?

Evans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
getlost.lua # How to get rid of tavern guests
function getlost ()
   local unit = dfhack.gui.getSelectedUnit (true)
   unit.flags1.forest = true
end
getlost ()

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Reborn 0.05 on dropbox ?

:(

Sounds like Terminator 5 (an incomplete reboot).
I readed Meph's posts anyway, I can't complain if he decided to travel around the world for real instead of creating new worlds ;)
It's healthier.

Garfink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Does this version 0.43.05 of Masterwork work as intended?  Any major show stopping bugs?  Can I play it as is and have an enjoyable experience?  Don't want to invest hours into it and find that its broken.  If so which version is recommended?  Thanks in advance.

Edit: Sorry for the noob-y question.  Just started to branch out modding DF.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 12:20:23 pm by Garfink »

Evans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 11:43:41 am by Evans »
getlost.lua # How to get rid of tavern guests
function getlost ()
   local unit = dfhack.gui.getSelectedUnit (true)
   unit.flags1.forest = true
end
getlost ()

KassaK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Does this version 0.43.05 of Masterwork work as intended?  Any major show stopping bugs?  Can I play it as is and have an enjoyable experience?  Don't want to invest hours into it and find that its broken.  If so which version is recommended?  Thanks in advance.

Same question here, I think it's time for me to test some mods, and Masterwork is apparently THE mod. Is the 0.43.05 good ? I think I can play DF without the raid feature in 0.44...

Nokao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Same question here, I think it's time for me to test some mods, and Masterwork is apparently THE mod. Is the 0.43.05 good ? I think I can play DF without the raid feature in 0.44...

Masterwork is an AMAZING mod, but up to now I'm having trouble to understand wich is the more stable version.

Few years ago,
there was a stable MW version that was using DF 34.11,
after some pressure from us, Meph decided to restart from scratch using newest version of DF but the mod seems not finished or a little unstable.

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile

Masterwork is an AMAZING mod, but up to now I'm having trouble to understand wich is the more stable version.

Few years ago,
there was a stable MW version that was using DF 34.11,
after some pressure from us, Meph decided to restart from scratch using newest version of DF but the mod seems not finished or a little unstable.

Amostubal made this patch, though be warned, he gave up on it before Meph got back so if you find a bug it probably wont be fixed and you'll just have to play around that problem. It also predates raiding, IIRC.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Teirdalin

• Bay Watcher
  • It'd be nice if I'd stop getting distracted.
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Profile

To the people talking about the lack of raiding~
With very mild effort I got Masterwork running on 44.10, so here's a tossed together guide.
Consequently due to the nature of the steps I took, you'll be stuck with the 64x version though.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 11:08:59 am by Teirdalin »
Insert Witty Signature Here.

billw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I got it running on 44.12 using a combination of your steps above and the content from Mephs tile set. Seems okay so far.

/update: still good after 20 or so hours. World creation can crash sometimes when using the predefined advanced parameters that come with MW, but the in built ones seem to be okay.
If there is interest I can write a script that could perform the merge (I will be doing that for myself next time updates come out anyway).
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 07:59:08 am by billw »
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 166