Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 897343 times)

CuriousCreativity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 - Newest version! - Updated 14th Jan 2019
« Reply #2250 on: February 01, 2019, 10:14:18 pm »

Wait......... 
Masterwork was updated......to 44.12......? 

All hail Mepharmok!

UNOwenWasMe

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2251 on: February 02, 2019, 05:33:35 pm »

Pedestals aren't included in this version of Masterwork even though they're a part of vanilla DF now. When I started a new Masterwork game due to the update (thanks for that), I turned the modded 'Display Case' option off because it'd just be redundant with Pedestals. But apparently they're not a thing here. Why not? Might I request their inclusion? They were pretty intuitive to use and served one of my favorite purposes for showing off my artifacts. Of course once I'm done with this fort I will regenerate a new world with the modded Display Case option on, but I just don't see why the already working Pedestals aren't included.

Another thing, with the option turned off (or on, as I did some science), there exists still a "Make Display Case" option in the carpenter's workshop. It takes a window and a log of wood, but its output seems to be a random tool (ladle, bowl, ...) instead of an actual display case, and I've also not found the display case object in the RAWs (same for the Pedestal). Something wonky seems to be going on there. Thought I'd let you know.

Diserasta

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2252 on: February 03, 2019, 05:25:41 am »

Curiously my game is crashing whenever I try to save, whether autosave or manual save. I've tried different worlds or re-downloading MDF, but no dice. Anyone else having this problem?

I'm playing with all "standardised X" turned off. I wonder if it's some sort of overflow.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2253 on: February 06, 2019, 04:12:11 pm »

Pedestals aren't included in this version of Masterwork even though they're a part of vanilla DF now. When I started a new Masterwork game due to the update (thanks for that), I turned the modded 'Display Case' option off because it'd just be redundant with Pedestals. But apparently they're not a thing here. Why not? Might I request their inclusion? They were pretty intuitive to use and served one of my favorite purposes for showing off my artifacts. Of course once I'm done with this fort I will regenerate a new world with the modded Display Case option on, but I just don't see why the already working Pedestals aren't included.

Another thing, with the option turned off (or on, as I did some science), there exists still a "Make Display Case" option in the carpenter's workshop. It takes a window and a log of wood, but its output seems to be a random tool (ladle, bowl, ...) instead of an actual display case, and I've also not found the display case object in the RAWs (same for the Pedestal). Something wonky seems to be going on there. Thought I'd let you know.
Oh thanks. :) Yeah, I did add the reactions and lines in the entity file, but I might have missed the actual tool in item_tool.txt. Should be an easy fix.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Chrono-Legionnaire

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: February 07, 2019, 02:59:20 am »

Hey Meph, love your work. Been using your mods for ages. Just a heads up, there is a duplicate toy entry when more toys is checked (chess set I think) and a few milkable creatures had a syntax error when standardised milk is turned off (local_creature:mat instead of local_creature_mat) Don't know if you were aware of those (easy fixes but some users might not know how to fix them). As well as the missing entries in tools that you just mentioned (only when some Tileset are active spacefox being one of them). Hope this eases any bug hunts! (Also just noticed the deep ones mod uncheckes itself in launcher but I haven't been able to verify if it is actually turned off in a playthrough yet.)

Metall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2255 on: February 11, 2019, 07:57:36 pm »

A new update?!

My only possible response is this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

mason531

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2256 on: February 12, 2019, 11:55:32 am »

::: LINUX ::: ||| ::: MAC :::
::: Current version: V.1.31 - For DF.44.12 :::
::: Backup: V1.3 - For DF.43.05 :::
::: The MDF GUI requires Microsofts .NET-Framework 4.0 :::
::: Changelogs: V1.01 ::: V1.02 ::: V1.03 ::: V1.04 ::: V1.05 ::: V1.06 ::: V1.07 ::: V1.08 ::: 1.09 ::: 1.10 ::: 1.11 ::: 1.12 ::: 1.13 ::: 1.14 ::: 1.15 :::
::: 1.16 ::: 1.17 ::: 1.18 ::: 1.19 ::: 1.20 ::: 1.21 :::

::: If you like the content I produce and enjoy playing Masterwork, consider supporting it on Patreon. :::
::: It allows me to do regular updates and add more content more quickly. :::

::: Read up on future goals, vote on polls and make suggestions. :::
::: Or join community projects that add new mod content! :::

Welcome to Masterwork DF! A comprehensive mod-pack that includes utilities and tilesets just like the StarterPack, but with additional content to keep you playing longer.

This mod has existed since 2011 and has gone through many iterations. The largest and most popular one is for DF2014 (34.11) and can be found here. It contains 8 playable races, 1000+ creatures and 500+ new buildings. It did suffer from feature-creep and will be replaced by this all new version, written with a strict concept in mind and 5 years of modding experience backing me up.

Here the current features of Masterwork DF2016 (42.06):
- Every mod-content is optional, enable/disable as you like.
- Playable dwarves: Master-metalworkers and warriors.
- Playable kobolds: Tribal dirt-digging thieves.
- Playable succubi: Fire-loving and alluring demons.
- Playable orcs: Proud fighters and artisans.
- A launcher that edits Init & Worldgen settings, installs tilesets and entire mods for you.
- Included utilities: Therapist, Armok Vision, Stonesense, Soundsense, Dfhack, Perfect World, Isoworld, Quickfort and more...
- Included tilesets: Phoebus, Obsidian, Ironhand, Mayday, Spacefox, JollyBastion, CLA, Taffer and more...

Here the planned major features of Masterwork DF2016:
- Playable goblins, dark fortresses with dungeons full of slaves.
- Playable elves, nature-based hamlets with lots of wildlife on your side.
- Playable nagas, water-based snake-men with asian theme and a love for gems and corals.
- Playable necromancers, farm your citizens like cattle and use their corpses for dark experiments.

General mod content:
- Standardized leathers, bones, meat, wood... (optional)
- Rebalanced animal man and giant animal frequencies. (optional, editable)
- Invading titans, werebeasts, night-creatures, demons and forgotten beasts. (optional, editable)
- Invading orc, naga, vampire and necromancer civs. (optional, editable)
- 1300 procedually generated creatures to fight. (optional)

Included mods by other authors:
- Mythical Monsters Modby IndigoFenix
7-part mod that adds monsters to fight, special bogeymen, vampiric ghosts, rebelling plump-helmet men, a dozen new necromancer-like mages/towers, a cult of lovecraftian proportions and the wild hunt, a wildlife mini-siege.

- More Leather Modby Sackhead
Creatures now create leathers and parchments amounts related to their size.

- Deeper Dwarven Domesticationby Wannabehero
Adds 10 cave-related pets to the dwarven civ. Bearded birds, rock-laying crabs, shelled cave tortoises and speedy weasels for vermin control.

- Fortress Defense IIby Darkflagrance
Adds up to 16 new invading races. Everything from reptile and tigermen over hellfire-imps and giant spiders to war elephants.

- Wanderers Friendby Deon
Adds almost 100 adv-mode reactions to craft leather items, forge armor, decorate crafts, tan leather, write books and more...
(Note: Only the reactions are added, no other rebalancing of the mod)

- Silk Eggs Modby Kazoo
Changes spider eggs to silk eggs and adds a new workshop, the silk-reel. You can spin silk eggs into silk thread here, allowing for easy silk-farming.

- The Earth Strikes Back!by Dirst
Find hidden gems and hidden enemies while mining. Build tributes to pacificy the rock golems, farm gem-vines or keep pet rocks around.
This mod is disabled by default, since it heavily affects balancing and includes constantly running dfhack scripts.

- Arctic Additionsby Malecus
Adds new content to arctic regions, tundras and glaciers. 20 new creatures, 2 megabeasts, 2 plants, 2 grasses...
Taken from a forum post, otherwise not available as mod.

- Small Things Modby Umiman
Adds over 1000 pref-strings to creatures, 220 new speeches for adventure mode and 300 new engravings.
An older mod for .28 from D2010/11 that I updated.

- Procedual Decorationsby Wastedlabor
Adds 75,000 randomly generated engravings.

- Stals Armory Packby Stalhansch
Adds a ton of new weapons and armors to dwarves, based on RL medieval items.
Some items overlapped with Historic Arms and Armors, so I cut them out.

- Historic Arms and Armorsby Grimlocke
Adds a ton of new weapons, trapcomps and armors to dwarves, based on RL medieval items.
Some items overlapped with Stals Armory Pack, so I cut them out.

- Terrible Weapons Packby LiberCeli
Adds 40 new weapons to dwarves that are very crude and basic, like meat-hooks, pitchforks and cleavers.

Dwarves:
Dwarves are the default race that most players will use. They have full vanilla DF content with a lot of mod additions.

Master smiths and metalworkers, they have access to three new metals and can refine their weapons and armor to masterwork quality in special forges. Metal siege-engines and javelin-throwers add new ranged capabilities, new cave-themed pets live with you underground.

Dwarves can also join military groups or guilds, receiving special training; call migrants or caravans from the liaisons office; or transmute metals in the alchemists lab.

Workshops & Furnaces
Liaisons Office:
Pay gold coins to request migrants or caravans to come.

Weight Bench:
Lift boulders to increase physical stats.

Shrine:
Pray for an item type. This has a very low success chance, but is a good last chance to get that missing strange-mood item.

Wood Splitting Block:
Basic wood-cutting workshop. Cut your tree trunks into many smaller wooden planks/blocks.

Stonecrafter, Woodcarver, Bonecarver and Gemcutter:
Four simple workshops that create items and furniture from there four materials that are missing in vanilla DF. Both the stonecrafter and woodcarver accept blocks as input.

Furniture Workshop:
Make complete sets of furniture from different materials, including some metals.

Pottery:
Form all kinds of items and furniture from clay, fireclay or kaolinite. These soft clay items can't be used yet, but after burning them in the kiln, you get stoneware, earthenware and porcelain items.

Tailor:
Create clothing and leather-armor sets with a single reaction, or unravel cloth back into thread.

Archeologist:
Your miners can find three unique gem-types: Relics, fossils and treasures. The archeologist can restorate them to former glory and gives you a random item... maybe a golden throne, maybe an adamantine sword... good luck!

Alchemist:
Requires one Orichalcum bar to build, which is a byproduct of metal working. For every 100 bars of metal made in the smelter, you get one orichalcum bar. The Alchemist can turn lead into gold, create gems and transmute metals into different metals.

Guildhall and Garrison:
Large buildings that enable your dwarves to change their caste. For 2500 gold they turn into a guild-member or military-group member of your choice. Guild members learn related skills twice as fast, while military-group members learn combat skills twice as fast and get a few attribute boni.

Scriptorium:
Write books for your library sections. Once you have 10 on any given topic, you can build a library (workshop) with it.

Library:
Six library sections, of warfare, mind&body, farmwork, crafting, smithing&engineering and philosophy. They instantly give any dwarf reading up on a skill a basic knowledge in it. Good for migrants and militias.

Brick Oven:
Make blocks of any color for awesome megaprojects.

Ore Processor:
Optional step before smelting your ore. Sort it into pure ore and rocks for higher yield.

Crematory:
Burn items and refuse to clear the fort and create ash/coke.

Metallurgist:
Create alloys. Attention! This means steel is made here, not in the smelter!

Crucible:
Smelt mithril and wolfram and efficiently make steel and bronze bars.

Blast Furnace:
Smelt large batches of metal ore at once. Very fuel efficient.

Volcanic Foundry:
Create volcanic metal, a better-than-steel alloy, warm to the touch.

Finishing Forge:
Cold hammer bronze, tin and copper. This allows early militias even without the need for fuel.

Armory & Weaponry:
Improve the quality of armors and weapons. Instead of smelting it down and reforging, simply refine the item you have. Adds one quality level per workstep, but can only be done once per item.

Javelin Maker:
Make ammo for your heavy crossbows, the javelin throwers. Aka mini-ballistas.

Heavy Siegeworks:
Create metal ballistas and catapults and batches of ammo for them.

Kobolds
Small race of thieving dog-lizard creatures as known from vanilla DF. Their theme is very much tribal, simplistic and naturalistic. They use animal materials and hunting for most of their needs; their workshops are build of wood and leather, not rock. They do not have access to picks or mining, nor to metals at all.

Due to their short lifespan of 15 years, its best to create a huge force of kobolds to outnumber your enemies. You can poison blowdarts in the kitchens or use a number of new pets to protect yourself.

Workshops & Furnaces
Wood Splitting Block:
Splits logs into several planks/blocks. Simple!

Leather Upholstery:
Makes leather furniture.

Leather Trimmer:
Tans and upgrades leathers and makes leather armor.

Chitin Scrapper:
Tans and upgrades chitins and makes chitin armor.

Shell Crafter:
Tans and upgrades shells and makes shell armor.

Scale Cleaner:
Tans and upgrades scales and makes scale armor.

Glass Blower:
Makes glasses, glass weapons and items.

Clay Shaper:
Makes clay items, which are fired in the kiln.

Cloth Cutter:
Unravel cloth into thread, make clothing sets.

Wood Carver:
Makes wooden items from planks/blocks.

Bone Chipper:
Makes bone items and weapons.

Wicker Weaver:
Makes wicker from plants, uses said wicker for furniture and blocks.

Trap Setter:
Makes mechanisms and trap parts; upgrades trap parts.

Breeding Warrens:
Use female workers to spawn new kobold babies. They are fully grown in only one year.

Crematory:
Burn items to clear stockpiles and create ash/coke.

Booze Burner:
Make fuel from alcohol.

Training Room:
Use training weapons to raise military skills.

Totempole:
Control the weather. Rain is especially good at putting out fires!

Succubiby Boltgun

A race of seductive humanoids acting as an extension for the escaped entities of vanilla DF. Their goal is to reshape the world into their own twisted image for their master. The demons employ an inefficient industry and cannot produce good metals, but their summoned entities combined with their ability to seduce foes into their side will provide the extra resources and artillery needed to succeed.

They are immune to heat so fire and magma are not a danger. Magma can be produced manually and act as a vital resource, powering most of their signature workshops.

Workshops & Furnaces
Magma Well:
Will let you fill nearby holes with magma. Channel some areas around the well then run a job, instant fuel.

Summoning portal:
Spawns creatures. Check the description of each job for more info on the result.

Den of iniquity:
Will turn nearby non succubi into hybrids demons who will instantly join your cause.

Underworld drill:
Generates free slade blocks and boulders.

Floating glass furnace:
Produces glass blocks and windows in great quantities.

Red/Blue portals:
Provides instant transportation between two spots of your map.

Brick oven:
Produces colored bricks.

Crematory:
Burns body parts and vermin for ash and free refuse space.

Gemcutter:
Produces gem crafts and furniture.

Bone carver:
Produces bone crafts and furniture.

Orcsby Smakemupagus
Proud warrior race with good fighters and an industry based on raiding, slave-work, hand-crafted well-made items and mass-produced shabbily-made items.

Workshops & Furnaces
Tribal Warcrafter
Fletcher
Boneforge
Orcish Factory
Molten Pit
Blacksmoke Furnace
Damasc Forge
Ashlander Glassblower
Ancient Foundry

Raiders Drydock
Freelancers Guild

Handpump
Fluid Caster

Dismemberment Theater
Blood Bowl Pitch
Sparring Pit

Ghetto Overseer
Dwarf Labor Cell
Elf Labor Cell
Human Labor Cell

Goblin Sawmill
Goblin Quarry
Goblin Tinkerer
Goblin Muckraker

Kobold Poisoner
Kobold Thief
Kobold Textile Hut
Kobold Bonescrimmer

Caravanserai General Bazaar
Caravanserai Farmers Market
Caravanserai Arms Dealer
Caravanserai Shadowbroker

Auxill Outpost
Orc Outpost
Human Outpost
Dwarf Outpost
Elf Outpost

Humansby Meph
Neutral traders and craftsmen. Humans thrive on the surface, building large castles, guildhalls and farms. Their main driving focus is commerce, trading produce for coin, coin for new produce... ah, good old capitalism! Guild control the market however and you need to buy your way in, establishing larger and larger guild halls to unlock more workshops.

Workshops & Furnaces
Cook Guild
All things brewing and cooking. Allows mass-brewing of drinks, aging cheese and wine, and making fuel from booze.

Carpenter Guild
All things wood. Makes wooden blocks for more constructions, breaks apart unwanted wooden furniture to reclaim the logs, and makes new items out of special woods found deep in the caverns.

Academic Guild
Chemists and Alchemists unite! Soap making, blackpowder for guns, wildfire for bombs, metal transmutation and more.

Smith Guild
All things metal! Create steel and mithril, mass-smelt ores, increase the quality of armors and weapons.

Mason Guild
All things stone! Create color-coded blocks, rock armory and weaponry, restore found fossils and relics to former glory.

Engineer Guild
All things tech! Steam engines produce power, mint coins for easier trading, build cannons and siege engines.

Farmer Guild
Herbalists unite! Unlocks the screw-press, create poisons from plants, breed your own war-dogs and make wicker furniture and blocks.

Fisher Guild
Fish farming made easy. Build indoor pools to farm fish, eel, oyster and turtles.

Merchant Guild
The hub of commerce! Call for more migrants, diplomats and caravans and exchange coin nominations.

Jeweler Guild
All things shiny! Work with gems and glass to make new items, weapons and armors with them.

Tanner Guild
All things leather! Tan scales, shells and chitin into armor, upgrade them, or create entire armor-sets.

Clothier Guild
All things textile! Dye cloth, upgrade cloth types, create cloth-padded furniture, clothing sets and unravel cloth or thread.

Local Merchants
15 different merchant stalls that buy and sell basic goods for gold. Be it wood, stone, gems, ore, metal, pets, food, drinks, leathers, clothing, armors, weapons, ranged weapons or trap-components.

Foreign Merchants
8 different merchants from different races, Human, Dwarf, Elf, Kobold, Orc, Goblin, Succubi or Necromancer, offering different items unique to their civs. Be it muskets, tungsten warhammers, clay crafts, poisons, captured prisoners, summoned monsters...

Foreign Workshops
8 different craftsmen from different races, Human, Dwarf, Elf, Kobold, Orc, Goblin, Succubi or Necromancer, offering different services unique to their civs. Be it forging, brewing, crafting, summoning and casting spells...

Scriptorium
Write books for your library sections. Once you have 10 on any given topic, you can build a library (workshop) with it.

Library
Six library sections, of warfare, mind&body, farmwork, crafting, smithing&engineering and philosophy. They instantly give any dwarf reading up on a skill a basic knowledge in it. Good for migrants and militias.

Thank you!
If you want to help to spread the word, paste this into your signature:
Code: [Select]
[url=http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=125633.0]¤MasterworkDF¤ for 42.06 - A comprehensive mod-pack[/url]

Meph I have Notice but I seem to notice that when you looking into the dwarfs traits and history of what happen to them like menu I don't see as much detail and stuff and idk if its a bug or its normal im really new at DF but I seen videos where its in like alot of detail and stuff

Golbolco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2257 on: February 16, 2019, 12:26:35 pm »

I just downloaded the newest version of MDF, but I can't seem to play. I get to the main menu but if I press any key on my keyboard the game stops responding. Any reason as to why this is?

Lottanubs

• Bay Watcher
  • [DF_JOKE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2258 on: February 16, 2019, 03:03:53 pm »

I just downloaded the newest version of MDF, but I can't seem to play. I get to the main menu but if I press any key on my keyboard the game stops responding. Any reason as to why this is?

Most of the time when programs hang like that they're just thinking really hard. Just be patient with it and give it some time to sort itself out. If it hangs like that for a real long time then there's an issue.

As a separate issue, I seem to be having weird recurring crashes. One being a crash upon embarking. I've genned a PerfectWorld world, picked a spot, kitted myself out, then upon pressing Enter on the embark fluff screen (The one that says "Strike The Earth!") the game just crashes. My error log has these lines consistently when this happens:

Code: [Select]
*** Error(s) found in the file "data/save/region1/raw/objects/creature_random_myth_beast_standard_mdf.txt"
SEAL_ANIMAL_WEEVIL BP Add Type GELDABLE Was Not Used
SEAL_ANIMAL_WEEVIL BP Add Type GELDABLE Was Not Used
undefined local creature material set to default: ZM5_SILITHID HARDENED_LEATHER
*** Error(s) finalizing the entity MOUNTAIN
Unrecognized entity tool token: ITEM_TOOL_PEDESTAL
Unrecognized entity tool token: ITEM_TOOL_DISPLAY_CASE

Tried messing around with some options - turned off Display Cases in the GUI options - to see what the issue could be. Pocket and Small worlds seem to work just fine, though making anything larger from the 'Advanced Parameters' menu crashes the program when worldgen is wrapping up (I think this is a separate issue)

my PerfectWorld-designed region generates normally  but I'm back to having the Embark crash.

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2259 on: February 16, 2019, 04:24:42 pm »

I'm getting a consistent crash whenever I close out of the Nobles menu using the Hermit for the latest version but I'm not sure what's causing it. Makes it kinda hard to change the bookkeeper settings.  :P

Any ideas? I can upload the save if someone would be willing to take a look.

Edit: Tested on new save and still happening.
Post edit: 4th new save is the charm? Issue is fixed but I still have no idea why the game was breaking on the nobles screen for the other saves.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 02:28:50 pm by xominxac »

andrian

• Bay Watcher
  • If all else fails, hit it with a hammer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: February 19, 2019, 01:58:23 pm »

I'd really like it if there was a way to return the tileset to the DF default through the MDF GUI. If there is one, I can't figure it out. Using the ASCII 8x12 tileset makes everything display way bigger than I want. I'm very happy with the default curses font, and it's annoying having to set it back manually.

Dunmeris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2261 on: February 22, 2019, 08:48:24 pm »

Hey Meph, what's your policy on credited borrowing? My mod "borrows" a few things, but I do give credit to mods I borrow from in multiple places, including a specific CREDITS file that's been updated to be less... Well, ungood.

Solitarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2262 on: February 25, 2019, 10:27:10 am »

Humans can't make soap. Intentional?

stormwolf442

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: February 27, 2019, 05:10:10 am »

I like it. I like to think of my human fort as being inhabited by a bunch of smelly barbarians who aspire to outdo dwarves in the fine art of being unkempt.

Zlorthishen

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2264 on: February 28, 2019, 03:52:38 pm »

Academic Guildhouse, north wing
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 166