Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 904753 times)

silvermistshadow

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Getting a lot of crashes when trying to designate a specific rock type to make blocks out of when doing it from the manager screen. As in, almost every time. It worked fine the one time I typed 'dolomite' into it, but just now I tried to put 'gypsum' in it and it crashed pretty quickly. No idea where this thing keeps logs.

Golbolco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Connected Component Overflow is some sort of pathing fail I think. Are you using unusually large embarks, or ones with particularly large amounts of flowing liquid? In the case of the seven year fort, did you recently uncover the magma sea?
Sorry for taking a month to respond.

I am indeed on a large embark (9x9). My river is almost always frozen and my magma sea is still hidden so I don't think it's a liquid problem. Any way to recover from my large embark issue or was I doomed from the start?

Evans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

New update, nice.

Now I will have to spend the next week porting my changes to the new version.

I might take a look at those crashes you guys have, seems like some definitions are missing.
getlost.lua # How to get rid of tavern guests
function getlost ()
   local unit = dfhack.gui.getSelectedUnit (true)
   unit.flags1.forest = true
end
getlost ()

lunaman22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tileset remains unchanged if I don't have creature sprites on, but if I do have then on, the tileset does change to its setting.
What do?

nightstick24

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Hey there, I'm new to DF, just picked it up a few days ago now. I've been trying to give Masterwork a shot here, but I'm finding that I can't generate much in the way of history without crashing on save every single time. Anything more than about 150 years seems to instantly crash my game on save. I've tweaked a bunch of settings around and messed with World Gen a little, I'm wondering if other people are able to do more extensive histories, or if it's a known thing to crash when you do too much? Is there anything I can do or try for crashing instantly on saving? Are there known issues with Masterwork?

Similarly, I wanted to give Adventure mode a try, but it's been crashing 8/10 times when I go to start Adventure mode and it gets to the Calendar where it counts through till you reach the 15th. It'll get to day 2 - 4 then crash out. It's happened every single time on any worlds with over 50 years, and for worlds with 50 years it's been working a couple times for every dozen worlds I make. Are there known issues with Adventure mode? Or combinations of mods/tweaks I shouldn't use?

While I've been troubleshooting my issues I've come across lots of people saying to run LAA, I noticed that in the newest version of Masterwork (44.12) there's a button in Utilities for it, but it doesn't do anything. I'm assuming it means that's no longer needed, as all the posts on the subject were several years old? Or should I be downloading that separately and running it?

If someone that's got Masterwork running decently smoothly could share their settings, like a picture of each tab or something, that'd be amazing. This looks really cool, but I just can't seem to get it running well for me!

I'm running the game on my main Desktop which I updated a couple months ago, so I've got a new 3gb graphics card, Ryzen 7, 16gb of Ram, and an SSD - I've seen people say you can have problems when your computer isn't good enough to run it, but from my understanding that's more for people trying to run DF on an old laptop or something, thinking that because it's ASCII a potato can run it.

Any help would be much appreciated!

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

LAA should not be necessary now that DF is 64 bit.

nightstick24

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Alright, thanks for the reply!

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

np.  I usually run 250 years history on small worlds (both in Masterwork and vanilla), if that's a useful data point for you. 

>>  Or combinations of mods/tweaks I shouldn't use?

There are probably lots of combinations of mods you shouldn't use.  That maybe merits it's own thread here or on the modding forum.  I guess you can probably distill it to a few rules of thumb like:  mods that don't do a major overhaul to the way graphics are handled, don't require memory hacks, and don't overwrite any vanilla files can generally be combined.  Otherwise you'll have to sort of learn and keep track of any dependencies as you put your pack together, and noone else will have quite the same game you do, so helping you debug could be pretty hard.

nightstick24

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Awesome, thank you, knowing you CAN do 250 years is very helpful. I'm pretty unfamiliar with DF modding still, so those tips on what mods can generally work together are very helpful, once again, thank you. Also, I hadn't considered the troubleshooting, thanks for pointing that out!

generalerwin01

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

So Im kind of new to the mod. When I found some blood of the mountain I made it into a magma well. When I tried to turn it on nothing worked, no magma was coming out. I keep trying it, even digging a huge pit one z level below but nothings working. How do I get the magma well to spawn magma?

Catnoseeverdeen

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I'm hoping this isn't a silly question but when I am in fortress mode and bring up the screen to send dwarfs on missions/raids,view other civs etc I can't do any of it. All of the options have question marks by them :/ am I missing something here?

Catnoseeverdeen

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Oh, it was a silly question, my keys weren't bound. Nevermind :)

Nidor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is Hermit Mode still being worked on? I'd like to play the mode but it seems to have a few problems. I'd post in the hermit mode topic, but it hasn't had a post in nearly 3 years.

Picking Goblin as race spawns them in as a child, meaning they can't do anything unless you use the dfhack rejuvenate -force command to make them 20 years old. Even using the command they never seem to take the role of Hermit, meaning you are not able to assign them to a military and equip them. A few other races also never get the nobles menu entries, such as the grimeling or ogre.

Some, like Orc, seems to go alright, but if I open the Nobles menu I will ctd immediately on leaving it.

Even when everything goes to plan, this mode will still occasionally CTD without warning. The crashes aren't that bad, but I would like to know if there is any fixes or workarounds for the nobles/military thing.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 06:18:49 pm by Nidor »

Express

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

nvm
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 11:29:25 am by Express »

Wyrdean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Human barbarians lack the [NOPAIN] tag, even though their descriptions say that they feel no pain.
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 166