Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 897286 times)

ChaosPotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 - Newest version! - Updated 14th Jan 2019
« Reply #2370 on: October 26, 2020, 10:24:57 pm »

I was going to install this, but it's not updated to 47.04 and I am now sad.
hi I hate this account and everything I've ever done with it but I don't feel like going through the process of making a new one right now

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: October 27, 2020, 04:59:33 am »

This might cheer you up:

It's easier for modders and other tilesets; and the mutilated corpses are already done for all creatures. :)

A lot of the 4000 sprites would be more or less automated. For example I just made some cats for fun, all it takes is one skeleton. The cats themselves are also done, so the only thing left to do is to copy the skeleton behind the cat, erase part of it, done. Maybe recolor some parts red/green for blood/rot. But it's 30 sprites made from 1 sprite I had to draw by hand.

Evans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: November 13, 2020, 07:12:19 pm »

Why isn't updating this a priority? :/

Who cares about new undead tigers, seriously?
getlost.lua # How to get rid of tavern guests
function getlost ()
   local unit = dfhack.gui.getSelectedUnit (true)
   unit.flags1.forest = true
end
getlost ()

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: November 13, 2020, 11:21:12 pm »

My guess would be that working with Tarn on the upcoming premium DF release is the bigger priority because it's the official game that Masterwork DF is based off of.

Evans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: November 14, 2020, 07:38:03 am »

My guess would be that working with Tarn on the upcoming premium DF release is the bigger priority because it's the official game that Masterwork DF is based off of.
Thats not an excuse. Like, seriously. This mod has patreon for it. There has been a discussion for a while that maybe masterwork should be made more open, collaboration like github project, in case Mepth went permanently missing or something. Guess that kindness of heart was too much to expect.

I have managed to merge new dfhack, new vanilla df and masterwork.
Game starts, but crashes at 50 years in world generation. Most likely an incorrect raw entry or one of the scripts bugged.
Also launcher bugs few things out due to dfhack changes.

If someone wants to help with debugging I can upload what I have so far. Pity we don't have proper error log for crashes.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 08:06:40 am by Evans »
function getlost ()
end
getlost ()

Evans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2375 on: November 14, 2020, 02:02:57 pm »

Well, it seems that without Meph it is not possible to do everything.

First working version, I've turned off what I could to make the game running and generating worlds.
This is it:
https://gofile.io/d/HGxTjU

What is inside:
- Standard races, also orcs, nagas. The rest crashes the game during world generation.
- Invaders: Frogmen enabled so far. I'm trying to get pandashi and white tigermen, no luck so far
- hermit is my "cheat race" with a lot of recipes enabled, it is enabled but you can safely turn it off
- do not edit world gen from launcher

Timestream control from launcher does not work. Timestream is set to 0.1 in files, edit yourself or use 'timestream -rate 1' command.

A lot of extras turned off, I will now try to start turning them back on and see if I can get the world to generate

As a funny note:
Try worldgen named 'Experimental' as this is tuned to create most diverse world possible. Savage good and Savage evil biomes can border each other :)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 02:05:29 pm by Evans »
function getlost ()
end
getlost ()

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: November 22, 2020, 06:47:17 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Have you tried roughly recreating the steps from this old post? It worked for me as recently as around  this last February.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=125638.msg7791270#msg7791270

Evans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: November 22, 2020, 05:12:51 pm »

Have you tried roughly recreating the steps from this old post? It worked for me as recently as around  this last February.
Thanks.
I'll verify it all after my cert exam next month.

I did something remotely similar. Good news - I've managed to restore or FD races back into working order. I've also added some Meph graphics, although his overrides crash the game, so I had to trim it down.

Succubi seem to crash due to scripts error. I'll maybe try to incorporate newer scripts into mdf at some later point, or trim Succubi features down a little.

I'm currently fighting with cage-thrower ammo - trying to bring back it to live.
I've succeeded thus far - cages now trap creatures. Unfortunately attacking dwarfs do not switch targets as original routines from druidism.lua no longer apply. If I find a way to clear attackers actions, I'll upload script separately for modders, and next version of working MDF.

Then I'll look into succubi.

I'm a java guy myself, LUA was always so weird to me - if you by any chance could help with LUA, that would be much appreciated :)
function getlost ()
end
getlost ()

cross33

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: December 03, 2020, 10:45:12 am »

This mod is worth going backwards in versions for. I would still play the 34.11 version over vanilla just because the mods are so indepth.

edit: I realized how that sounded after. Thats not a negative on vanilla. Vanilla is great. This mod is just adds SO MUCH you have to see it to believe it.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2020, 10:48:20 am by cross33 »

Metaltooth

• Bay Watcher
  • Icon of Sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: December 03, 2020, 01:37:07 pm »

Thanks.
I'll verify it all after my cert exam next month.

I did something remotely similar. Good news - I've managed to restore or FD races back into working order. I've also added some Meph graphics, although his overrides crash the game, so I had to trim it down.

Succubi seem to crash due to scripts error. I'll maybe try to incorporate newer scripts into mdf at some later point, or trim Succubi features down a little.

I'm currently fighting with cage-thrower ammo - trying to bring back it to live.
I've succeeded thus far - cages now trap creatures. Unfortunately attacking dwarfs do not switch targets as original routines from druidism.lua no longer apply. If I find a way to clear attackers actions, I'll upload script separately for modders, and next version of working MDF.

Then I'll look into succubi.

I'm a java guy myself, LUA was always so weird to me - if you by any chance could help with LUA, that would be much appreciated :)

I hope you dont give up on this man. Opensource Masterwork sounds like a great idea
o̗͕̘̯͈̺r̬e̶̻̗̲̹m͎̘̹͓̦̼̟͝o͕̮̦R͇̥̻̭͟ ̕ņ̗h̪̰̱o̢J͚̬̲ ̧͍̫̜̲͔̺é̤̩̫m̗͍̘̟͖͠ l͇̫̪͖͓̰͝l̕i̮k̻͈̺̱̗ ͙̱̠̥̳̱̘t҉̪s̢͈u͙͉̘̮͘m̳̜̞̳̞̝ ̴͖̠̖̤͕̱u̱̬͚̗͍͞o̢y̴ ̶͚̝̳͇̞e̢̠m̥̤̳̙̣̙̭͢a͚̳̞͉̭g ̛͙e̤̫͉̜͉͘h̗̘̱̤͚͘t̜̺͕ ̴͙͍͉̮̯ņ̘͉̼͓̲ͅi̜̻̰̫̘̠͕w̧̲̘ ̧͔̯o̱̳̘T̗͖

Yinseng

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: December 06, 2020, 07:11:52 pm »

Well, it seems that without Meph it is not possible to do everything.

First working version, I've turned off what I could to make the game running and generating worlds.
This is it:
https://gofile.io/d/HGxTjU

What is inside:
- Standard races, also orcs, nagas. The rest crashes the game during world generation.
- Invaders: Frogmen enabled so far. I'm trying to get pandashi and white tigermen, no luck so far
- hermit is my "cheat race" with a lot of recipes enabled, it is enabled but you can safely turn it off
- do not edit world gen from launcher

Timestream control from launcher does not work. Timestream is set to 0.1 in files, edit yourself or use 'timestream -rate 1' command.

A lot of extras turned off, I will now try to start turning them back on and see if I can get the world to generate

As a funny note:
Try worldgen named 'Experimental' as this is tuned to create most diverse world possible. Savage good and Savage evil biomes can border each other :)

I got a 'This upload does not exist' error.

Thunderclaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: December 07, 2020, 10:07:44 am »

I'm having some trouble with the Orc "release captive" feature. Every time I load my save, I can release exactly one Goblin and one Kobold as expected, but if I try to release another of the same race they just become an uncontrollable entity with a name like "Kobold -1177845118" that's friendly but not a member of the fortress. What's more, even when it does work correctly, it's always the same goblin/kobold. Their stats vary a bit, but it's always a male goblin called Umung Uksosamxu or a male rat-sign kobold called Enono Shibeldshonti. There was a brief moment recently after the vast majority of my fort was massacred that I managed to make several guys in a rows with different names, although they still seemed to be the same caste. Is this something on my end?

Also having a presumably related thing where I got three vampires, all of which were female Ologs. Suppose it could just be chance, but that seems unlikely. It was very funny, though, because apparently they can disguise themselves as any caste so one of them was pretending to be a snaga despite weighing north of 700lbs

e: okay looking at the scripts it seems like them always being the same caste is just how that feature works. still breaks, tho
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 10:44:46 am by Thunderclaw »

Evans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: December 29, 2020, 11:02:32 am »

Somehow I cannot upload files to Bay12 file area.

Here is, still somewhat buggy, but at least stable, version.
https://www.transfernow.net/ddl/xMDF4704x

Can someone somehow upload it to Bay12 files area?
function getlost ()
end
getlost ()

Metaltooth

• Bay Watcher
  • Icon of Sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: December 29, 2020, 05:00:48 pm »

How stable we talking fren?
o̗͕̘̯͈̺r̬e̶̻̗̲̹m͎̘̹͓̦̼̟͝o͕̮̦R͇̥̻̭͟ ̕ņ̗h̪̰̱o̢J͚̬̲ ̧͍̫̜̲͔̺é̤̩̫m̗͍̘̟͖͠ l͇̫̪͖͓̰͝l̕i̮k̻͈̺̱̗ ͙̱̠̥̳̱̘t҉̪s̢͈u͙͉̘̮͘m̳̜̞̳̞̝ ̴͖̠̖̤͕̱u̱̬͚̗͍͞o̢y̴ ̶͚̝̳͇̞e̢̠m̥̤̳̙̣̙̭͢a͚̳̞͉̭g ̛͙e̤̫͉̜͉͘h̗̘̱̤͚͘t̜̺͕ ̴͙͍͉̮̯ņ̘͉̼͓̲ͅi̜̻̰̫̘̠͕w̧̲̘ ̧͔̯o̱̳̘T̗͖

Stokeling9701

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: December 29, 2020, 09:03:40 pm »

Can you fix display cases and Pedestals? No race can create them ingame, its a bug from the previous version
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 166