Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 904433 times)

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021
« Reply #2445 on: June 27, 2022, 06:15:13 pm »

So when 0.47 was released, Meph was busy, then he needed a break from DF, and now with the time it would take to update MW, it would not only be competing with premium DF but then would need to be updated for that. So, it would be a lot of work that would almost immediately be out of date again.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2446 on: June 28, 2022, 10:26:26 am »

Why not update Masterwork without the Sprites, just relying on ASCII for now?
Why not just wait? Or feel free to tackle it yourself.

newtyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2447 on: August 04, 2022, 10:38:04 pm »

So, I was wondering if making an extension mod for Masterwork would be okay.

I would like to build a new custom civ/race of Ant-Men using some of the infrastructure of Masterwork as a base. Ideally I think having it work as a an extension to the normal Masterwork faction once it was up to standard would be coolest.

Alternatively, with permission I could maybe dive into how it works and try to just take out a couple really small things and use them as the starting point for a seperate DF-Hack dependant mod for the race. Ideally capable of being run as a seperate module on top of masterwork. Although, if that is not allowed/feasible then having it be entirely seperate but a couple small borrowed elements would be fine.

Currently the only existing masterwork content my current vision would b somewhat reliant upon is using the base of the kobold breeding warrens to allow managing growing the colony in an engaging way. although, there are a couple other small things I spotted I think I could use as the base for spinning into a new direction.

I do have a couple more hacky or less engaging ways I could make it work without using any elements from Masterwork. Overall, I think it would come out quite a bit worse.
I think Meph is the main person I would need permission/approval from. Although, from what I can tell they seem like they might go on breaks from the forums frequently. Although, I could be wrong about that. So, I might need to talk to someone else. Or simply take a different direction if I can't make contact with them?

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2448 on: August 27, 2022, 02:40:34 am »

I would like to build a new custom civ/race of Ant-Men using some of the infrastructure of Masterwork as a base. Ideally I think having it work as a an extension to the normal Masterwork faction once it was up to standard would be coolest.

Well normally unless there's something really explicitly not-yours (like a script/without trying to be sore, sprites for instance) and then you copy that without mentioning the author or claiming its your own, most mods dealing with RAW's really just need a namedrop of the creator/key-publisher where they first appeared and presumably a link promoting it or credit-roll worddocument for acknowledgement.

The nature of using Masterwork as a base would mean cleaning up the factions & code already within the current version which might be bigger task than the ant-men themselves.

newtyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2449 on: August 29, 2022, 09:47:49 pm »

Well normally unless there's something really explicitly not-yours (like a script/without trying to be sore, sprites for instance) and then you copy that without mentioning the author or claiming its your own, most mods dealing with RAW's really just need a namedrop of the creator/key-publisher where they first appeared and presumably a link promoting it or credit-roll worddocument for acknowledgement.

The nature of using Masterwork as a base would mean cleaning up the factions & code already within the current version which might be bigger task than the ant-men themselves.

Hmm. I guess it has been awhile since anyone cleaned that sort of stuff?
I guess it might end up being easier to reverse engineer the important parts and make it seperate?

I didn't realize the factions were so messy?
Although, maybe you mean that I would have to sort through everything and update the modpack to the newest version before I could add much of note?

zilpin

• Bay Watcher
  • 437 forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2450 on: October 10, 2022, 05:50:59 pm »

Why not update Masterwork without the Sprites, just relying on ASCII for now?

I'm doing this.
Updating MASTERWORK for 0.47

Lioneez

• Bay Watcher
  • Challenged.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2451 on: October 22, 2022, 10:31:13 am »

Will there be an update for 47.xx?

holam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2452 on: November 22, 2022, 11:48:03 am »

I have a problem opening the game , the window is too big and I canīt play properly. Is there a solution ?

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: December 24, 2022, 09:28:40 am »

Do we know if there are any plans for v50 masterworks?

Cylius

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2454 on: December 26, 2022, 03:15:34 pm »

Do we know if there are any plans for v50 masterworks?

Second!

I almost can't wait for the next release. Also, because the database went down I can no longer download this current version. Will it be put back up or is there somewhere I can find it??

Wight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: December 26, 2022, 08:42:55 pm »

Was Trying to Play this Today.

However when I open Dwarf Fortress. The full screen is too large and I am unable to interact with the game hardly at all.
Solutions?
This Signature Is Left Blank till I see something Awesome to put here

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: December 26, 2022, 08:45:33 pm »

However when I open Dwarf Fortress. The full screen is too large and I am unable to interact with the game hardly at all.
Solutions?
Is Windows trying to scale the game's display? see https://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Installation#Windows
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: December 27, 2022, 03:25:08 am »

Solutions?

Were you trying to boot this through 50.04 non-steam? The classic version is currently fixed at a 10x10(ish) and smaller ratio, pending the options for the zoom in and zoom out being added to classic because since they're cross compatible, the mouse wheel has been re-used to the steam control scheme of allowing players to pan over the area. ((when previously it'd been applied to scale view-depth))

I recommend swapping out the graphics for ascii from the options menu then, and seeing if curses works ok for you.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2022, 03:27:42 am by FantasticDorf »

Vassala

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: January 06, 2023, 03:22:51 am »

Hey I've been having trouble with DF crashing when exporting legends info. My PC can run Arma 3 with little to no issue but this ASCII game seems so so prone to ccrashes sucks that the ram is limited to 4GB cause I've got 64GB, plenty to go around. If I try to make a world with advanced parameters it crashes, too but right now my priority is getting that dfhack legends info for the legends viewer. Not sure what files might be needed for better help.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2459 on: January 11, 2023, 02:27:10 pm »

Hey I've been having trouble with DF crashing when exporting legends info. My PC can run Arma 3 with little to no issue but this ASCII game seems so so prone to ccrashes sucks that the ram is limited to 4GB cause I've got 64GB, plenty to go around. If I try to make a world with advanced parameters it crashes, too but right now my priority is getting that dfhack legends info for the legends viewer. Not sure what files might be needed for better help.

DF's a notorious PC melter because it is a single CPU core game, and has absolutely no multicore functionality for modern or ultramodern specced PC's and will chew through it like a beaver through logs. Ironically if your computer is worse and more basic, it will have more survivability when the game gets choppy.

Also in the meantime, hoping for a 50.xx release for Masterwork.
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166