Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 904310 times)

Dramegno

• Bay Watcher
  • Gobo the other white meat
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK REBORN☼ - 40.24 - V.006 - Last Update: 27th March
« Reply #270 on: May 18, 2015, 08:55:15 pm »

okay Nanimonai I took a gander at the keybind files in keybinds folder, and I see your confusion, it seams that to change that and their might be a better way than what I am about to tell you but it is a way. open up your building_dwarf_civ.txt in your raw folder for both your save and in your df raw folder and find stonecrafters ctrl+f if you need to and change [BUILD_KEY:CUSTOM_SHIFT_S] (should be about the 5th token down) to say [BUILD_KEY:CUSTOM_SHIFT_Z] or [BUILD_KEY:CUSTOM_ALT_Q]  just make sure that you keep it all caps and that nothing in the general tab of the keybind.txt is taking it already like you know [BUILD_KEY:CUSTOM_CTRL_S] at best would order it to be built while bringing up the macro save screen, of course you can change the macro save hotkey to something else if you want to use ctrl+s. also if you want to chnge the actual hotkeys in the workshop menus you do that in reaction_dwarf_civ.txt located in the raws folders.

also you might want to download notepad++ from https://notepad-plus-plus.org/ and the language file from http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=130510.0 and install it per the directions on their pages, it will help keep sane.
So, it's AnimaRytak, mighty Void God, versus the greatest cluster[FOWL] my incompetence can engineer.

I will be so god damn proud if AMBASSADOR bites your head off.

WhiteLighter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: May 19, 2015, 02:43:28 pm »

Hey just thought I'd touch base and report on that crash. I never did find out what it was directly, so I thought id take a crack at a worldgen minus gnomes and tigermen/ dont build any liason office (as both might have come into it somehow - although I of course take your knowledge as truth regarding ZWEIhanders- I was thinking the corrupted historical figure thing. Liason office I didnt build just cos I seem to remember a devlog post about the liason office actually working as an office, thought gnome guild rep might have crashed it) Ive now been able to play a couple of forts to FPS death, with all sorts of good stuff and have had goblin diplomats, succubi and every form of caravan (sans gnomes) rock up. So yeah - felt bad for charging in all bug crash reporty so I figured Id come back and say its a damn stable piece of work considering its the 40.24 etc; many thanks. I personally much appreciate the streamlined new version - the older work was great but feature bloated and a big fat slug (although of course still awesomely studded with spikes of raws etc) - I now dont feel so intimidated trying to get libraries up late mid game.

Nanimonai

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 20, 2015, 05:58:34 am »

okay Nanimonai I took a gander at the keybind files in keybinds folder, and I see your confusion, it seams that to change that and their might be a better way than what I am about to tell you but it is a way. open up your building_dwarf_civ.txt in your raw folder for both your save and in your df raw folder and find stonecrafters ctrl+f if you need to and change [BUILD_KEY:CUSTOM_SHIFT_S] (should be about the 5th token down) to say [BUILD_KEY:CUSTOM_SHIFT_Z] or [BUILD_KEY:CUSTOM_ALT_Q]  just make sure that you keep it all caps and that nothing in the general tab of the keybind.txt is taking it already like you know [BUILD_KEY:CUSTOM_CTRL_S] at best would order it to be built while bringing up the macro save screen, of course you can change the macro save hotkey to something else if you want to use ctrl+s. also if you want to chnge the actual hotkeys in the workshop menus you do that in reaction_dwarf_civ.txt located in the raws folders.

also you might want to download notepad++ from https://notepad-plus-plus.org/ and the language file from http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=130510.0 and install it per the directions on their pages, it will help keep sane.

Ah, that notepad language file is indeed quite nice. What you described worked, I changed the stonecrafter's workshop to Shift+C now ... and I feel rather silly, of course the stonecrafter was impossible to build, since the soapmaker had the same hotkey. >.<

I can't believe I missed that.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 08:34:29 am by Nanimonai »

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 21, 2015, 03:19:30 pm »

It's not really impossible to build, you can still navigate the menus with +/-. It can certainly be inconvenient, but not quite game-breaking, when workshop build shortcuts overlap like that.

Nanimonai

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 21, 2015, 06:07:41 pm »

It's not really impossible to build, you can still navigate the menus with +/-. It can certainly be inconvenient, but not quite game-breaking, when workshop build shortcuts overlap like that.

Yes, that works too. I learned/noticed that a couple days after fixing the overlap. it's been way too long since I last played DF, I forgot all the little details, this one among them.

Oh and on an unrelated note; I just learned that the game crashes (2 times out of 2 tries) when I order stray war mountain tuskox bulls to be slaughtered. Anybody got any ideas why that happens?

I am still clueless after comparing the raws for this one with the animals that I had no problems slaughtering.

chilller6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 21, 2015, 07:00:07 pm »

hey meph, when do you think you'll be able to push out another update?

qorthos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 21, 2015, 07:19:14 pm »

So the dfhack version in MW is old.  I updated it to the latest and it seems to have fixed my problem.

Dramegno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 22, 2015, 10:05:32 pm »

Okay I got my shell tanning fix uploaded onto dffd link
http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=10880

in case someone else doesn't want to wait till the next version of Masterwork Reborn to use their shells for leather crafts or some-sort...
It works for all of the currently playable fortress civs I have not tested adventure mode yet.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 10:08:27 pm by Dramegno »
So, it's AnimaRytak, mighty Void God, versus the greatest cluster[FOWL] my incompetence can engineer.

SammyLiimex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 23, 2015, 12:44:49 pm »

Quick question, if theres already a post or topic saying the answer then link me to it so i dont have to waste everyones time.

I know what modes arent implemented, but for the modes that are implemented, like dwarf and kobold, are they finished to the point that they were in v34?

Dramegno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 23, 2015, 01:27:57 pm »

from my understanding Dwarf, Succubi, kobold, and gnome modes have most of the planned features done up. So they are quite playable. But as far as comparing it to the version you are referencing, one of the main goals for Masterwork reborn is to be Masterwork's leaner more fit little brother. Basically from what I have been able to find Reborn will not have all of the bells and whistles but enough to where it is tasteful and not overpowering. I hope this answers your question.

SammyLiimex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 23, 2015, 03:27:12 pm »

from my understanding Dwarf, Succubi, kobold, and gnome modes have most of the planned features done up. So they are quite playable. But as far as comparing it to the version you are referencing, one of the main goals for Masterwork reborn is to be Masterwork's leaner more fit little brother. Basically from what I have been able to find Reborn will not have all of the bells and whistles but enough to where it is tasteful and not overpowering. I hope this answers your question.

Yeah it does. I really liked it in v34 and its why I havent played v40 yet. I turned off alot of features because I supposed those features I didnt like. But is it mostly the same as before, like theres the new megabeasts and guns and all those things I loved that made adventure mode great?

Dramegno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 23, 2015, 06:28:16 pm »

I don't know about before Reborn is my first masterwork the gnomes have some mechanical stuff like mechanical dragon frames and the like, dwarfs at this time only has a fraction of the building/workshops as before if the manuals are any indication,. off of the top of my head their is metallurgist smelter, ore processor, crucible, finishing forge, stone crafter, wood crafter, gem crafter, tailors workshop, and a few others that I can't remember. But I haven't seen anything about guns. And I think the beasts are still in development. why don't you download a copy and give it a whirl, what is the worst that could happen? you don't like it?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 23, 2015, 06:30:17 pm »

Yeah it does. I really liked it in v34 and its why I havent played v40 yet. I turned off alot of features because I supposed those features I didnt like. But is it mostly the same as before, like theres the new megabeasts and guns and all those things I loved that made adventure mode great?

i would say that adventure mode masterwork was "batshit" but "great" is a huge stretch

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #283 on: May 24, 2015, 01:07:36 am »

Lets go with "everything from batshit to great, depending on your luck"
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 24, 2015, 01:43:07 am »

"batshit" ain't bad and "great" is a pretty big intensifier for me

i didn't say I didn't enjoy playing it, just that it wasn't great :P

I'd say the same for Sparking. Batshit, not great.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 166