Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 895859 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ - Content Repository
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2013, 07:16:30 pm »

This is not the place for questions.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

toradrow777

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2013, 08:43:17 pm »

This is not the place for questions.

Sorry, won't happen again.  Could you at least PM me the answer?

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2013, 07:59:19 pm »

it would be nice if right click went back in the gui for option choices, example:  tilset; or color.
whoops
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 04:48:48 pm by thistleknot »

lwCoyote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2013, 04:12:27 am »

Just a quick note, my LP "StreamAxe" is vanilla, not MW ^_^
This is an exceptional obsidian statue of Daral Darkscab.
The item is an exceptionally designed image of Daral Darkscab the dwarf and a slag bar (massive) in obsidian by Ksoth Lolorumril. Daral Darkscab is raising the slag bar (massive). The artwork relates to the masterful slag bar (massive) created by the dwarf Daral Darkscab for the Corridor of Matyrs at Monstergores in the late spring of 312.

I'm so glad my masons have chosen to memorialize the really important events.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2013, 04:40:41 am »

Oh, sorry. I'll remove it when I update the post with the new letsplays I found.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Annon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2013, 08:25:49 am »

Could you add a current manual to the repository, separate from the full download?

I'd like to download it to my phone so I can look at it without alt-tabbing

vityav

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2013, 10:03:00 pm »

Just here to say that roughly following jellsprout's instructions here, I've gotten the basics (MW and dfhack) of version 4a up and running in all its glory. I just took the windows v4a release, ran the settings in wine, then moved linux-specific files in and windows files out, and recompiled dfhack with the v4a plugins/scripts.

Only snag I hit was dfhack not recognizing the version, so I added the md5 from stderr.log to hack/symbols.xml under the v0.34.11 linux address section, and will likely have to do that for DwarfTherapist too once I compile it.  Also Putnam's itemsyndrome throws a small bug, but looks like that's being worked on.

That said, I've generated a world, ran a pre-defined embark profile, and gone to the first caravan with no problems. Tried out reveal, dflabors, various search functions, and building non-vanilla workshops, and everything seems to work. I'll add results on the other utilities if/when I try adding them.

vcordie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2013, 03:27:17 pm »

Noticed you have yet to put your Ruthless tutorial fort link here yet. Maybe that's because you never finished it. You should maybe finish a tutorial fort sometime meph. Wait, what am I saying, thats the Meph Curse: any community game started by meph is doomed to be abandoned to the third page :P

jellsprout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2013, 07:00:51 am »

For the Linux version, you need to beware that several DFHack plug-ins don't work on Linux or cause the game to crash. Most notably the growthfixbug.rb script and the Digging Invaders script. Even with those two disabled, I still get more crashes than I would get in vanilla. With the increased reliance on DFHack, it is simply too much work to get a stable version of Masterwork running on Linux. You could try it, but expect a lot of crashes before you get everything running again.
"Having been equipped with tracking collars so their migration and survival in the wild can be measured, the young Sea Serpent is released into the wild.  It is hoped that this captive breeding program will boost their terribly low population numbers and eventually see them removed from the endangered species list..."

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2013, 07:03:33 am »

any community game started by meph is doomed to be abandoned to the third page :P
Thats because its so much more interesting to write new content, then to write about old content.

vityav

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2013, 02:28:12 pm »

For the Linux version, you need to beware that several DFHack plug-ins don't work on Linux or cause the game to crash. Most notably the growthfixbug.rb script and the Digging Invaders script. Even with those two disabled, I still get more crashes than I would get in vanilla. With the increased reliance on DFHack, it is simply too much work to get a stable version of Masterwork running on Linux. You could try it, but expect a lot of crashes before you get everything running again.
Did you compile your own dfhack? Though I've been afraid to try the digging invaders script, I've had no problem with the growthfix one, and haven't had any crashes at all in probably 15+ hours of gameplay. Only bugs I've seen (and don't know if it's linux specific from looking at the reaction raws), is various reactions creating a "liquid barrel" instead of, say, gnomeblight.

vcordie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2013, 03:00:26 pm »

any community game started by meph is doomed to be abandoned to the third page :P
Thats because its so much more interesting to write new content, then to write about old content.
Nobody blames you for that, and I'm pretty sure everyone generally agrees, but it would be nice to see how you progress through the tech tree, considering you wrote the mod and have the best idea on how the progression's supposed to go :P

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2013, 04:11:45 pm »

Funnily enough, I havent seen most features of the mod ingame yet. It's like your are thinking I'm Neo, who knows the secrets of the Matrix, while I am actually just Cypher, looking at the code, and nothing else. :P

Honestly, I have never build the Volcanic Foundry, or any of the mage altars, or any of the machinery ingame... I know the basic stuff very well, because my testforts are 1-2 years long, but the high-end part of the mod is uncharted territory for me... gameplay-wise.  :)

vcordie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2013, 05:00:01 pm »

Then how do you test the balance of endgame?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2013, 02:56:14 am »

On paper/in my head. And based on reports from players, thats why I always ask for feedback and reports. I love getting stories about large/old forts, they help immensely with developement.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 166