Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 906410 times)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK REBORN☼ - 40.24 - V.006 - Last Update: 27th March
« Reply #555 on: March 07, 2016, 04:15:51 am »

A wild guess might a material that crashes the game, it could belong to an item or a creature. But which one? Uploading the save will help but caravans are nearly impossible to debug.

plenum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: March 07, 2016, 07:36:18 am »

I've uploaded the savefile here - should I publish this link somewhere. I would really appreciate if someone helped me ressurect this game.. ))
The crash happens within 1 minute after load.
I also have a save few minutes before caravan appears on map, but it crashes too soon after caravan gets into map - mostly before they even get to the trade depot. Logs did not contain anything for me... As a wild guess, there might also be some stealth kobold around - they appear at summer too (and that's the first summer in my game).
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 08:38:02 am by plenum »
Protect diversities: biological, ecological, cultural.
This yields colorful future to our (grand)children.

kdeathlord1

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: March 16, 2016, 02:05:55 am »

PTW

Dazbuzz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: March 24, 2016, 02:58:23 am »

So whats going on with Masterwork? Ive not played DF since around 40.24/whatever was released.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #559 on: March 24, 2016, 03:10:24 am »

MW seems to be dying... last update was nearly this time last year
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #560 on: March 24, 2016, 07:50:38 am »

It is inactive, but not for much longer. My RL was super stressful the last... well, 1.5 years? But I'll go back to how things were before in about 3 weeks. Just have to survive Bangladesh and Northern India
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

iceoskar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: March 25, 2016, 03:20:56 am »

It is inactive, but not for much longer. My RL was super stressful the last... well, 1.5 years? But I'll go back to how things were before in about 3 weeks. Just have to survive Bangladesh and Northern India

Dont you dare die on us now! :P

Sounds like you are having a epic trip, all i can say is have fun :D

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #562 on: March 25, 2016, 08:07:00 am »

Today was... interesting, to say the least. But I love the area here. :) And country #140 by now, I'm making progress, only 54 left to go.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Darkond2100

• Bay Watcher
  • Intrepid Groundhog
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: March 29, 2016, 11:34:23 pm »

North Korea when?
your hoard, your dwarves, and your fortress.
I prefer Hoard, Horde, and Hovel...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

KazumiPierce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: March 31, 2016, 08:48:12 am »

Just grabbed Masterwork tonight, and I've been having a bit of a problem. Playing as the succubus (Succubi?), none of their entity-specific buildings seem to be available, and I cannot figure out why. So far it seems to be between user error, bad install, bug, or they got taken out with an update. I've been thumbing through relevant threads, but a splitting headache is making that fruitless, so I figured my best bet would be asking here. None of the various temple buildings seem to be available, I haven't seen a glimmer of anything resembling a soul, etc. Basically, none of the things 'unique' to the succubus civilization are available. Oh, and for some reason, in the Masterwork launcher, clicking on the tabs "Dwarves", "Orcs", "Succubi", or "Gnomes" is blank, just the background of the Yog-Sothoth breaking down a door and ruining somebody's dinner party. No clue if that's related, just seemed relevant. I'm running the most recent version of masterwork reborn and the other features all seem to be working fine, so I'm at a loss for what might be wrong.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: March 31, 2016, 09:14:33 am »

The succubi supplied are barebones, but there is an update available :
- Grab this
- And this
- Unzip both in the 'Dwarf Fortress' subfolder, overwriting what's needed.

Not all buildings will be in but that'll change as soon as Meph update MDF again.

KazumiPierce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: March 31, 2016, 06:36:27 pm »

The succubi supplied are barebones, but there is an update available :
- Grab this
- And this
- Unzip both in the 'Dwarf Fortress' subfolder, overwriting what's needed.

Not all buildings will be in but that'll change as soon as Meph update MDF again.

Well bug santa claus just came for a visit after I tried that. Documents>Masterwork DF>Dwarf Fortress as my extract path. Launch it up, DFhack gives me about 30 'procedure entry point' errors on various plugins. Gen a new world, try to start a fortress, notice that it's trying to start up a fortress as dwarves. Well that won't do. Go check my masterwork settings, see that succubi are definitely the only ones set to playable. Unset them and reset them (Yes, I turned it off and back on), launched up again, 30 errors waiting under the tree, okay'd through all of them. Genned a new world, launch it up, and succubi are at least placed on the map this time. Try to play a fortress, see that it's playing as succubi, but they for some reason have a big "NO TRADE" thing next to them in the civs screen. So I exit of fortress mode and start it up again in the same world, this time it's trying to play as dwarves again. A few more worlds, only dwarves. Normally this is where I'd dive into the raws to see where I missed a [ and screwed the whole thing up, but this is a bit of a needle in the haystack for me. Any idea what's up, or should I get my scuba gear on and jump in?

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: April 01, 2016, 03:27:08 am »

It seems okay but the succubi does not find a place to live in these worlds. There is a lot of races in MDF and sometimes it gets crowded.

Did you try generating in advanced mode? Using mandrelbot or cursed uborg presets should give you a higher chance to get them. If not, you can try a larger world at the cost of FPS.

123nick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: April 06, 2016, 05:19:35 pm »

do you think of making this compatible with grimlockes weaponry?
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 166