Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 905894 times)

Jaso11111

• Bay Watcher
  • The Emperor protects...
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (42.06) - DF2016 - Newest version!
« Reply #630 on: May 05, 2016, 10:56:46 am »

New MWDF updates?
PRAISE SATAN!
THE DONG HAS BEEN EXPANDED!
ALL HAIL OUR DARK LORD MEPH!

Molay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: May 05, 2016, 12:21:30 pm »

Upon entering the "Generate a [advanced] new world" (both modes) the game crashes. I had some Fortress defense races selected when that happened. After deselecting all Fortress Defense races, the crash does not occur again.

Can provide the entire folder as it was when the crash was occuring if you need it to reproduce the error.
http://www.filedropper.com/crashwhenenteringadvancednewworldgeneration

Can you use Fortress Defense races without a crash and generate a new world?

(Crashes when finalizing entities)
When only selecting stranglers it works. When only selecting white tigermen it crashes.
I suppose more races could be affected.
The best alternative to having a functional steel industry is to have a really, really, really good hospital. And a lot of coffins.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #632 on: May 05, 2016, 12:40:47 pm »

Upon entering the "Generate a [advanced] new world" (both modes) the game crashes. I had some Fortress defense races selected when that happened. After deselecting all Fortress Defense races, the crash does not occur again.

Can provide the entire folder as it was when the crash was occuring if you need it to reproduce the error.
http://www.filedropper.com/crashwhenenteringadvancednewworldgeneration

Can you use Fortress Defense races without a crash and generate a new world?

(Crashes when finalizing entities)
When only selecting stranglers it works. When only selecting white tigermen it crashes.
I suppose more races could be affected.
I see. The entity files are still on 40.24, I did not update them to 42.06. I'm on it.

Tested, you are right. I need to update the entity and creatures of the FD mod.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 12:48:47 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Molay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: May 05, 2016, 06:15:19 pm »

Glad to hear you could easily identify the problem! Another minor thing is the GUI:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The top bar does not seem to be sized correct; also, there are utilities hidden behind the Patreon banner.

Perhaps related to my resolution (2560x1440). Note that the GUI has resize property disabled.

Edit: Well I'm truly shit at MS paint, but I hope the white space doesn't offend too much :D

Edit: Spoilered the image :)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 07:19:36 pm by Molay »
The best alternative to having a functional steel industry is to have a really, really, really good hospital. And a lot of coffins.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #634 on: May 05, 2016, 06:36:28 pm »

Oh...

Yeah, that looks very different on my machine. I feared something like this might happen.

On my machine it looks like this:

Thanks for the report. Please put large pictures into spoilers the next time. ;)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Molay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: May 05, 2016, 07:51:44 pm »

So I've genned this pretty odd world, where from most civilizations there is just 1 instance.
1 goblin
1 succubi
1 orc
1 night creature
1 titans
1 naga
while all the other races have 10-20 civs each.

Is this normal?

Image:

Legends Viewer files:
http://www.filedropper.com/r1_22
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 08:03:18 pm by Molay »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: May 05, 2016, 08:06:18 pm »

That's pretty normal, if they're all DARK_FORTRESS civilizations. Those things tend to have only one due to the funny way their first site is generated.

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: May 05, 2016, 08:09:09 pm »

I may have found another bug relating to the interface on the Invaders tab. It starts out with all red X's in the Active and Adv columns, and all grey X's in the Fort column. If you toggle the active column on and off, it greys out the Adv column. You have to toggle active back on before you can toggle adv on.

Also, the interface generally looks good in Windows 10!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 08:17:53 pm by Rekov »

Molay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: May 05, 2016, 09:11:49 pm »

One suggestion, a rather small thing really.

Have a toggle in the launcher UI to make your dwarves cannibals (EAT_SAPIENT_KILL and EAT_SAPIENT_OTHER in ethics).
While the easiest thing to change in the raws for anyone on their own, perhaps just having a toggle there might let some people know that this is even possible -- and it's incredibly fun to play too. Just a thought, though.

Oh, and while I'm talking about butchering things, will we get bloodiron/bloodsteel back? Delicious bloodwine too? Good times...
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 09:13:42 pm by Molay »

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: May 06, 2016, 12:03:27 am »

So, you should probably adapt the Fortress Defense Mod races from the current version of that mod to the new version of Masterwork. Among other things, the crash bug was fixed, the bug that causes invaders to come naked was fixed, and various other major functionality bugs involving invaders not performing functions they were supposed to perform was fixed.

Incidentally, the bug that's probably causing nearly every Fortress Defense race to crash is the presence of the CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:UNTOWARD or a similar token involving a symbol group that was removed at some point.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Avacado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: May 06, 2016, 01:09:50 am »

I find out MW is back the same day I see Civil War? Hell of a day

Molay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: May 06, 2016, 06:01:00 am »

Major issue with locations (tavern in this; probably library too, not sure about temples - but all same problem)!

I had a weremammoth bard decide to visit my tavern. He is correctly flagged as Guest / No Activity (duh, I raised the drawbridge) just as any other guests. However, he wasn't like the other guests, which is why I raised the drawbridge in the first place. Upon entering the map, this friendly guest went on to kill all my pastured animals as well as other local wildlife. As he is technically a guest, I suspect him to be trap immune like the other guests too, so there's no way to try that out for me.

For now the only solution seems to be to close all inns and libraries and stuff. Do all civilizations send guests to your locations? Could I even get necromancer visitors....? That's really scary stuff! Perhaps there's something in the raws that allows races to visit other race's locations, if so, it should probably be removed for certain races, like kill-everything werebeasts that enrage, or necromancers that raise the dead, things like that.

On another note, I find it quite refreshing that the whole metal industry is still simple as of yet. It was overly complex (in my opinion) in the older version, the current one seems very nice. A few crucial additions to the industry, but not too much crazy hoops to jump through to get some plate armor.

I'm not sure about Mithril personally, it seems too cheap to get, with just 3 silver bars. Perhaps there should be some addition to the recipe (perhaps adding flux? or increasing the silver amount?). Silver can be quite easy to come by on most maps, and it does make steel sort of redundant (even for blunt weapons, as you will inevitable get Orichalcum bars from your mithril production which outclass steel for blunt anyhow). Crazy material values for metals too, I like it. Really enjoying myself so far. Besides that undead giant bird that was in my joyous wild biome within the first month of embark... Is that the necromancer's doing? I got no tower nearby, but the necromancer civ is in range.

Cool stuff, cool stuff! I do sorely miss the bloodsteel and bloodwine though :)

Edit: Just to clarify, I love the concept that you don't need steel to make mithril anymore, as making steel means you are very restrict on where you can realistically embark. Only needing silver is superb and allows for some wacky embarks in mountains that are basically all gold/silver ore (found lots of those sites!) without having to worry about military grade metals. Flux would seem like a reasonable addition as it's relative easy to come by (bonemeal if nothing else!), needing different metals would again restrict the embark options. So far, I see it as a very good thing that you don't _need_ iron for your military.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 06:06:46 am by Molay »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #642 on: May 06, 2016, 07:55:47 am »

Do all civilizations send guests to your locations? Could I even get necromancer visitors....? That's really scary stuff! Perhaps there's something in the raws that allows races to visit other race's locations, if so, it should probably be removed for certain races, like kill-everything werebeasts that enrage, or necromancers that raise the dead, things like that.
That might be their LARGE_PREDATOR token... I
'll have to ask around, I'm unsure about visitors, libraries and taverns myself. Remember, I've been away for a while. ;)

Bloodsteel, Ironbone, Bloodwine... got it.

Silver => Mithril too easy. got it too.

I'll think about it. Althought the blood/bone related metals would be much more suited to Succubi, Necromancers, maybe Orc Shamans... but not dwarves (?). Its one of the reasons I restart the mod, to avoid feature-creep.

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: May 06, 2016, 08:39:27 am »

Its one of the reasons I restart the mod, to avoid feature-creep.

Good plan, and blood_whatevers don’t seem very dwarfy but are useful for the other races.  Now that Meph is in full ‘busy mode,’ does this mean we’re past the point of suggestions/recommendations?  Time for poll(s)?  Or did I just miss it?   :)  Wouldn’t be the first time –

Edit: oh, right -- new poll is on different thread.  So much for posting a.m. before sufficient coffee ...
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 08:42:16 am by jimboo »
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

lunaman22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: May 06, 2016, 08:55:42 am »

How do i change the tileset?
I set it to ascii but it didn't change.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 166