Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 906335 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (42.06) - DF2016 - Newest version!
« Reply #840 on: May 25, 2016, 10:47:12 am »

0.42.06 is about as polished as 0.40.24

well there is a slew of other reasons, such as the supported 3rd party utilities.
They are all updated
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

MegaHarald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: May 25, 2016, 12:45:13 pm »

I've downloaded the latest version and made sure i wasn't using TWBT, but it still crashed. I have no idea what's going on. Is it the 1/4 calendar speed?

jeisler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: May 26, 2016, 03:56:43 am »

Sorry if this is already known or if I've missed something, but for the life of me I can't get Ironhand graphics to work.    All dwarves look like Phoebus' set.    Also, using Ironhand for TWBT doesn't seem to work (just get the usual graphics characters in place of punctuation and such).    If I select another set like Phoebus for TWBT, it looks fine.

Tried swapping graphics back and forth several times with no luck.    Unpacked a fresh downloaded copy, did nothing other than change to Ironhand graphics, and still no luck.

Using:  "Masterwork V1.02 (42.06).rar"   (latest download)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #843 on: May 26, 2016, 04:09:00 am »

Sorry if this is already known or if I've missed something, but for the life of me I can't get Ironhand graphics to work.    All dwarves look like Phoebus' set.    Also, using Ironhand for TWBT doesn't seem to work (just get the usual graphics characters in place of punctuation and such).    If I select another set like Phoebus for TWBT, it looks fine.

Tried swapping graphics back and forth several times with no luck.    Unpacked a fresh downloaded copy, did nothing other than change to Ironhand graphics, and still no luck.

Thats more an issue of Ironhand itself. Ironhand is not being updated anymore, so there is no TWBT content for it at all.

The GUI currently only changed tilesets, not creature sprites, which are handled differently. I could add this too, but Ironhand does not have sprites for all creatures either.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

jeisler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: May 26, 2016, 04:38:47 am »

Thats more an issue of Ironhand itself. Ironhand is not being updated anymore, so there is no TWBT content for it at all.

The GUI currently only changed tilesets, not creature sprites, which are handled differently. I could add this too, but Ironhand does not have sprites for all creatures either.

Ahh, that could be it, yeah.   I took a look at the Starter Pack and found that when you pick TWBT for that, it just slips another font in there instead.   For the graphics themselves, I think (could be wrong) what they've done is used Ironhand, but Phoebus fills in the missing graphics mostly.

Actually I have no qualms with Phoebus' set, I just really like the dwarves and goblins and such from Ironhand!

So now I'm torn - play with the content of Masterwork, or with the graphics I like, heh heh.    Either that or spend time trying to bash them together  :P

Thanks!

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: May 26, 2016, 07:01:36 am »

May I ask what the goal was in the Standardized Bone, Standardized Leather, Standardized Meat, and Standardized Wood options? Is it (a) merely to make things simple, by have materials with the same name or is it (b) to theoretically improve FPS?

How much is wood "simplified"? Does it reduce wood down to one or two varieties, or are there still a good half dozen or so?

There are a number of useful strategies which take advantage of certain wood attributes. Aside from the cold nature of Nether-cap, light woods like Featherwood and Candlenut are very useful for making bins and barrels because they allow hauling jobs to finish faster than normal. (Further, light wood may be useful for a tavern.) Similarly, very dense woods like Glumprong and Blood thorn are much better than average for ballista arrows. And Glumprong is supposed to be the perfect material for Minecart switching via pressure plates.

As for a theoretical FPS increase (if that was the intention), there was a similar belief with standardizing stone, as featured in Accelerated Mod and others. But I thought that belief was more-or-less disproved.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: May 26, 2016, 07:41:30 am »

Standardizing a couple dozen types of stone doesn't have the same bang for the buck as standardizing over a dozen materials per species.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #847 on: May 26, 2016, 09:55:47 am »

Thundercraft, thats a good point. I will put the more special woods back.

It was mostly added to simplify build menus, make stockpile lists etc shorter.

steelyeyed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (42.06) - DF2016 - Newest version! crash on start
« Reply #848 on: May 28, 2016, 12:57:42 am »

Good evening,
I'm getting crashes at the start relating to something in the dynamic link library with dfhack.  Haven't been able to find info on it.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: May 28, 2016, 01:05:28 am »

Two main possibilities:

1. Trying to use an incorrect version of DFHack, most likely from installing Masterwork over another install or trying to install a different thing over an existing version of Masterwork (or both).

2. You need to unzip the Masterwork archive into a folder.

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: May 28, 2016, 03:04:45 am »

Brief question, based on something I've noticed alot going through the Legends.

I've not seen this as much for other races, but do kobolds get some sort of special spawning rules in World Gen that makes them spawn on the VERY edge of the world map? I don;t think I've had a single World gen where the kobolds have not had their civilization confined solely to the edge of the map. Even one lucky gen I got early today, (for fun I did about 30 or so using the same 'perfect world' gen), that had Kobolds at over 5000 individuals, had their population confined to one cave, on the very edge of the map in frozen tundra.

I'm just curious to know if that is on purpose, or just a quirk of the RNG.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #851 on: May 28, 2016, 03:11:16 am »

which map?

Some have localized savage regions, for example only in the center or only at the edges.

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: May 28, 2016, 03:21:19 am »

I've been doing mostly just a random a Medium Region, with 60 Civs, and 19-21 of the races activated over my testing today, probly about 20 of them today. I also did over 20 world gens using a custom perfect world map that boosted the desert tiles, (Love embarking Kobolds in the desert and having clear glass furniture and weapons), with a Savage Heart gradient.

In both the Random Medium Region, and the Custom Desert region, only about 5 of the 40 or so gens that I did, ended up with Kobolds that were not generating civs solely on the edges of the world map.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #853 on: May 28, 2016, 03:25:36 am »

No, thats not it.

Maybe they only survived on the edges?

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: May 28, 2016, 03:32:57 am »

I guess that sorta makes sense. I mean, I recall that alot of the time, the Kobolds seem to survive when they are almost completely cut off from the other races, often in the frigid tundra, or at the far edges of the map where they have less competing races. Just seemed odd to me that they seem to ofen generate right on the actual edge of the map, as in, pressed up against it with only the void of map-less-ness to one side.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 166