Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 897197 times)

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (42.06) - DF2016 - Newest version!
« Reply #870 on: May 30, 2016, 09:34:37 am »

Oh is that what those are? :-[  The tooltip said 23 new animals, seemed like a lot more.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #871 on: May 30, 2016, 09:52:27 am »

Oh is that what those are? :-[  The tooltip said 23 new animals, seemed like a lot more.
23 animals but there is one entry for each sex for both adults and younglings so 23x4=92 entries

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #872 on: May 30, 2016, 10:25:54 am »

up to eight entries.  ;)

male
female
male war
female war
male hunt
female hunt
male kid
female kid.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #873 on: May 30, 2016, 10:44:26 am »

Ah yeah, forgot about hunt/war training

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: May 30, 2016, 11:27:48 am »

Meph, this is the caste you use as an example? Pet rocks already have trouble speaking up for themselves, and this just ensures that they will be taken for granite ;)
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

steelyeyed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: May 31, 2016, 11:30:40 am »

Got the game to run, but it crashes at embark with any of the mods selected.  Went back and cleared everything, was able to get into the game, but max frames is 15, which has never happened before.  I've deleted completely and fresh installed, what else can I do at this point? Thanks!

ZaPPPa

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: May 31, 2016, 06:54:11 pm »

Have you ever thought about adding a 'structural integrity' feature using simplified load bearing. Those giant open workspaces and stockpiles are easy to build, but in reality they would collapse in an instant. Some basic logic that any mined tile needs to be within X tiles of a wall would make fortress design a whole lot more interesting. I do it myself already (my fortress requires structural support within 5 tiles), but having the ceiling actually collapse would make things a lot more interesting.

PS. don't forget about harder farming and mining :)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: May 31, 2016, 07:11:52 pm »

that is not possible with modding

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: May 31, 2016, 11:10:18 pm »

Question, Are Kobolds EVER supposed to get caravans of their own race? So far, I've never had one single kobold Caravan over several games and over 20 years of in game play. I've always been with an active civ, with at least over 100 Kobolds each time I play.

Edit: Also, is there any way we can get some form of Cast Powder for Kobolds? Or is there a special way they can make it I;m just not getting? I've tried getting the powder from Caravans from my Civ, but that has not gone well so far as I've had no caravans.

Edit 2: I also realized there is a tiny problem with kobolds as well for immigrants. What will Kobolds do, if they get immigrants, but the immigrants clothes end up wearing aways? I'm assuming most Immigrants will not be able wear the Small clothes of kobolds. I know I could buy SOME clothes from the caravans that occasionally show up...but its not reliable.

Edit 3:Relatively small addition onto this with my recent fort, I caught a snake whose Venom causes 'erratic behaviour' as the syndrom. Does anyone know what this entails?

Edit 4: Another question. Will kobolds soon again not be able to take alcoholic drinks? Kinda wierd having my kobolds desperate for a stout drink when compared to prior versions. *eagerly awaits his tea and juices*
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 09:35:40 am by chaosfiend »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: June 01, 2016, 10:30:00 am »

I think splints work just as well, if you can't make casts.

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: June 01, 2016, 12:07:47 pm »

Not fpr broken torso partrs it does not seem.

isitanos

• Bay Watcher
  • Seasonal river flood nostalgic
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: June 01, 2016, 04:31:28 pm »

Just dropping by to say I really enjoy this mod. Haven't had a chance to try the 2016 version yet, looking forward to it.

13thEssence

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: June 01, 2016, 08:27:16 pm »

jack rats take as long as any other animal to give birth, roughly a year. just wait.

no idea about your pathing/drinking issue, but I will add juice bar etc to the kobolds in a future update. Till then, please check the quickguide.png in the main folder for all available buildings they have.

bark scorpions should give life birth. RL scorpions do that too. :)

I'm used to seeing cats and moleweasels multiply from the first pair to at least half a dozen in the first year, and expected that if I started with 50... but I guess I should have given it more time before asking.  I lost patience when my kobolds started starving.  But I discovered that the starvation was related to the death by thirst issues, and had nothing to do with having no rats to butcher.

There was some kind of pathing issue on a ramp leading down from the 3rd to the 4th level of the cave. I set up a quantum stockpile to collect all my wagon goods on the 4th level and items were collected there, including all my newly butchered meats, prep'ed meals, and drinks. That ramp also leads to the tunnel I dug to the walled fish/drink area by the river and the aquifer drink zone.  The ramp connection broke down for some reason, or worked unreliably from the start.  Kobolds couldn't get food or reach the designated drink zone except those kobolds stuck inside.  Military kobolds stationed there could not reach the location.  I don't know why the pathing worked initially then broke down.  There were no buildings blocking it or anything.  I dug a channel beside the original down ramp and that worked for a while but broke down too.  I then used tiletypes to put a wall over the original ramp and the level above it then dug a ramp there and it worked again. Anyway, probably an oddity with the map or a bug with the game, nothing to do with MW. I'll reload the initial save and see if it happens again just to be super sure it's not something I did.

In regards to the juice/tea, I guess that's just not implemented at all yet and kobolds just crave booze like dwarfs in the new MW version (so far).  Is that correct?  No ill effects from drinking alcohol? I've read and reread the old MW version's manual so many times that I was conditioned to think "stay away from alcohol!" with kobolds. I couldn't find the juice/tea reactions in the quickguide jpg or raws, but still thought I had to avoid alcohol. I guess I need to forget everything I know about MW(34.xx), and hope the update notes for MW(42.xx) remain accurate and complete.

Scorpions: really? Not like spiders and their egg sacs? Cool!  But do they give birth in game with the current raws? Didn't see any child/birth related tokens there. Are MALE/FEMALE castes all that's required to breed? Guess I'll find out once I let it run a couple of years.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #883 on: June 01, 2016, 08:40:26 pm »

Hard to say without screenshots but it is really easy to accidentally invalidate a ramp by digging around it. They have specific requirements for connecting between levels

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: June 02, 2016, 02:24:54 am »

Scorpions: really? Not like spiders and their egg sacs? Cool!  But do they give birth in game with the current raws? Didn't see any child/birth related tokens there. Are MALE/FEMALE castes all that's required to breed? Guess I'll find out once I let it run a couple of years.

None of the vanilla arthropods have a child tag, it just means that they don't have a child life stage. They're already adults from birth, meaning you can breed huge numbers of them without regard for short life-spans, but you also can't domesticate them from the wild because that requires training a child of the animal and breeding it once it's an adult.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 02:26:29 am by LMeire »
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 166