Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 906314 times)

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (42.06) - DF2016 - Newest version!
« Reply #885 on: June 02, 2016, 04:47:15 am »

I think you can make kobolds more vulnerable to alcohol by giving them the same tag that dwarves have and making it lower than 100%.  Or you could just leave them; alcohol effects have SIZE_DILUTES so kobolds should be vulnerable already.

If you give plants juices and add them with the DRINK tag, taverns in adventure mode will serve soft drinks.  One plant can have multiple drinks.

13thEssence

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: June 02, 2016, 05:29:06 am »

Hard to say without screenshots but it is really easy to accidentally invalidate a ramp by digging around it. They have specific requirements for connecting between levels
I know how ramps work very well, so if you're referring to basic ramp rules like up direction needs solid wall, that's not it. Besides, I dug around it only after it was broken. But thanks for the suggestion. :)

None of the vanilla arthropods have a child tag, it just means that they don't have a child life stage. They're already adults from birth, meaning you can breed huge numbers of them without regard for short life-spans, but you also can't domesticate them from the wild because that requires training a child of the animal and breeding it once it's an adult.
Ohh thanks for the explanation. I'll study some raws with that in mind.

I think you can make kobolds more vulnerable to alcohol by giving them the same tag that dwarves have and making it lower than 100%.  Or you could just leave them; alcohol effects have SIZE_DILUTES so kobolds should be vulnerable already.

If you give plants juices and add them with the DRINK tag, taverns in adventure mode will serve soft drinks.  One plant can have multiple drinks.
Wait, so kobolds in current version DO get drunk? That's an entity tag and not some DFHack thing that wasn't updated yet?  What token? - I don't see anything that seems related to alcohol in the Entity Token wiki page or the entity_good_dwarf raw.  So if they get drunk and there's no juice/tea implemented yet, I should stick with water?  What kind of effects does drinking booze have right now? Can they still fight effectively? Do they walk and work slower, etc, or nothing to really worry about?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #887 on: June 02, 2016, 05:34:22 am »

Hard to say without screenshots but it is really easy to accidentally invalidate a ramp by digging around it. They have specific requirements for connecting between levels
I know how ramps work very well, so if you're referring to basic ramp rules like up direction needs solid wall, that's not it. Besides, I dug around it only after it was broken. But thanks for the suggestion. :)
Fair enough. I only mentioned it because many times when I've seen people complain of pathing problems it was a misunderstanding of how stairs or ramps work.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: June 02, 2016, 07:27:03 am »

Wait, so kobolds in current version DO get drunk? That's an entity tag and not some DFHack thing that wasn't updated yet?  What token? - I don't see anything that seems related to alcohol in the Entity Token wiki page or the entity_good_dwarf raw.  So if they get drunk and there's no juice/tea implemented yet, I should stick with water?  What kind of effects does drinking booze have right now? Can they still fight effectively? Do they walk and work slower, etc, or nothing to really worry about?

That's a syndrome in the alcohol template, there is plenty of info around the forum around it.

Cause the affected creature to feel euphoric and behave erratically, too much of it at the affected individual suffocate and dies. That should be ok in fort mode since they only drink when thirsty but you should notice the effect.

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: June 03, 2016, 03:34:35 am »

Since I did nit get much of an answer teh first time I posted a few days back, thought I would post these questions again

Question, Are Kobolds EVER supposed to get caravans of their own race? So far, I've never had one single kobold Caravan over several games and over 20 years of in game play. I've always been with an active civ, with at least over 100 Kobolds each time I play. (I've checked, and I can;t seem to get any worlds to generate where I have 'Kobolds' as neighbors, even if I embark right beside my civilization's Warrenhome. I DO get Warrenmasters, but never Caravans. My Last KObold fort I rocketed through 12 years of in game play with all my initial Kobolds buried in the ground and STILL no caravans, and a warren master every year)

Edit: Also, is there any way we can get some form of Cast Powder for Kobolds? Or is there a special way they can make it I;m just not getting? I've tried getting the powder from Caravans from my Civ, but that has not gone well so far as I've had no caravans (That carry it).

Edit 2: I also realized there is a tiny problem with kobolds as well for immigrants. What will Kobolds do, if they get immigrants, but the immigrants clothes end up wearing aways? I'm assuming most Immigrants will not be able wear the Small clothes of kobolds. I know I could buy SOME clothes from the caravans that occasionally show up...but its not reliable.

Edit 3:Relatively small addition onto this with my recent fort, I caught a snake whose Venom causes 'erratic behaviour' as the syndrom. Does anyone know what this entails? Not as important anymore

Edit 4: Another question. Will kobolds soon again not be able to take alcoholic drinks? Kinda wierd having my kobolds desperate for a stout drink when compared to prior versions. *eagerly awaits his tea and juices* Fairly sure this is coming along in a future update when Kobolds get more work done on them
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 03:36:33 am by chaosfiend »

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: June 04, 2016, 08:52:53 am »

Could somebody please link me the exact version of .NET Framework?  I have 4.6.01055 (4.6.1), but am getting this error;

It occurs when I launch the GUI (Continue works here), and again when I try to close the GUI (this does not work, exiting MW requires a force-quit).

Huivn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: June 04, 2016, 12:20:58 pm »

An update! Glorious!
Oy blin.

Sollision

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: June 05, 2016, 05:23:50 pm »

Getting ready to play for the first time! I plan on setting everything to the hardest settings so ripperoni me!
yikes

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #893 on: June 05, 2016, 06:03:07 pm »

Getting ready to play for the first time! I plan on setting everything to the hardest settings so ripperoni me!
You would die instantly, because you would have 20 invading races with each creature having legendary combat skills and mithril/steel gear. :P
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Sollision

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: June 05, 2016, 07:50:03 pm »

You would die instantly, because you would have 20 invading races with each creature having legendary combat skills and mithril/steel gear. :P
Aha welp, I just enabled every race and stuffs. I'm gonna aim for the whole hide-behind-blocked-walls technique. :P Also, which tileset is the most-working? It seems that each one has broken textures. Like for ironhand, a stone texture for me is a crate.
And I can't use ASCII because it isn't complete ASCII. Like, the trees are actually textured trees, lol. Which one works the best so far?
yikes

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: June 05, 2016, 08:22:23 pm »

I don't have any trouble with the default (Pheobus), with TWBT turned off.

You might want to try ASCII with TWBT turned off, which should give you the real ASCII experience.

If you report bugs with specific tilesets Meph will probably fix it (like, which stone in particular was a crate?)

If you're lucky enough to ever get an invasion :P 

Wyzack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: June 06, 2016, 08:02:23 pm »

Posted in the other thread but i did not get any help. I have genned about 7-8 worlds now, tweaking various other civs and invaders, and i cannot for the life of me get a damn hermit civ to exist in the world. It is enabled on the masterwork menu but it never seems to be around. Has anyone else had a similar issue? Anything i am possibly missing?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #897 on: June 06, 2016, 08:46:08 pm »

Posted in the other thread but i did not get any help. I have genned about 7-8 worlds now, tweaking various other civs and invaders, and i cannot for the life of me get a damn hermit civ to exist in the world. It is enabled on the masterwork menu but it never seems to be around. Has anyone else had a similar issue? Anything i am possibly missing?
The hermit civ looks like the dwarf civ, since you embark as dwarves, then the embark-crew dies. Maybe you did embark as hermit, but thought its dwarves?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Wyzack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: June 06, 2016, 09:12:49 pm »

No i have not even embarked, i mean that i cannot find them in the civ listings in the embark menu

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: June 06, 2016, 09:26:09 pm »

The easiest way to ensure you are picking the hermits is to make that the only fort-mode race available.  Might not work if you were planning to hold onto a specific world for eons, but this is still an early version of MW and you'll be wanting to upgrade sooner or later.

You can then spend as long as you like preparing the skills of the Starting Seven, though it won't help :)

Once embarked, build the "Start Hermit Mode" workshop and follow its instructions.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 166