Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 897260 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021
« on: April 30, 2013, 10:48:14 am »

! Alternate Download Link while Dffd is down !
::: LINUX ::: ||| ::: MAC :::
::: Current version: V.1.31 - For DF.44.12 :::
::: Backup: V1.3 - For DF.43.05 :::
::: The MDF GUI requires Microsofts .NET-Framework 4.0 :::
::: Changelogs: V1.01 ::: V1.02 ::: V1.03 ::: V1.04 ::: V1.05 ::: V1.06 ::: V1.07 ::: V1.08 ::: 1.09 ::: 1.10 ::: 1.11 ::: 1.12 ::: 1.13 ::: 1.14 ::: 1.15 :::
::: 1.16 ::: 1.17 ::: 1.18 ::: 1.19 ::: 1.20 ::: 1.21 :::

::: If you like the content I produce and enjoy playing Masterwork, consider supporting it on Patreon. :::
::: It allows me to do regular updates and add more content more quickly. :::

::: Read up on future goals, vote on polls and make suggestions. :::
::: Or join community projects that add new mod content! :::

Welcome to Masterwork DF! A comprehensive mod-pack that includes utilities and tilesets just like the StarterPack, but with additional content to keep you playing longer.

This mod has existed since 2011 and has gone through many iterations. The largest and most popular one is for DF2014 (34.11) and can be found here. It contains 8 playable races, 1000+ creatures and 500+ new buildings. It did suffer from feature-creep and will be replaced by this all new version, written with a strict concept in mind and 5 years of modding experience backing me up.

Here the current features of Masterwork DF2016 (42.06):
- Every mod-content is optional, enable/disable as you like.
- Playable dwarves: Master-metalworkers and warriors.
- Playable kobolds: Tribal dirt-digging thieves.
- Playable succubi: Fire-loving and alluring demons.
- Playable orcs: Proud fighters and artisans.
- A launcher that edits Init & Worldgen settings, installs tilesets and entire mods for you.
- Included utilities: Therapist, Armok Vision, Stonesense, Soundsense, Dfhack, Perfect World, Isoworld, Quickfort and more...
- Included tilesets: Phoebus, Obsidian, Ironhand, Mayday, Spacefox, JollyBastion, CLA, Taffer and more...

Here the planned major features of Masterwork DF2016:
- Playable goblins, dark fortresses with dungeons full of slaves.
- Playable elves, nature-based hamlets with lots of wildlife on your side.
- Playable nagas, water-based snake-men with asian theme and a love for gems and corals.
- Playable necromancers, farm your citizens like cattle and use their corpses for dark experiments.

General mod content:
- Standardized leathers, bones, meat, wood... (optional)
- Rebalanced animal man and giant animal frequencies. (optional, editable)
- Invading titans, werebeasts, night-creatures, demons and forgotten beasts. (optional, editable)
- Invading orc, naga, vampire and necromancer civs. (optional, editable)
- 1300 procedually generated creatures to fight. (optional)

Included mods by other authors:
- Mythical Monsters Modby IndigoFenix
7-part mod that adds monsters to fight, special bogeymen, vampiric ghosts, rebelling plump-helmet men, a dozen new necromancer-like mages/towers, a cult of lovecraftian proportions and the wild hunt, a wildlife mini-siege.

- More Leather Modby Sackhead
Creatures now create leathers and parchments amounts related to their size.

- Deeper Dwarven Domesticationby Wannabehero
Adds 10 cave-related pets to the dwarven civ. Bearded birds, rock-laying crabs, shelled cave tortoises and speedy weasels for vermin control.

- Fortress Defense IIby Darkflagrance
Adds up to 16 new invading races. Everything from reptile and tigermen over hellfire-imps and giant spiders to war elephants.

- Wanderers Friendby Deon
Adds almost 100 adv-mode reactions to craft leather items, forge armor, decorate crafts, tan leather, write books and more...
(Note: Only the reactions are added, no other rebalancing of the mod)

- Silk Eggs Modby Kazoo
Changes spider eggs to silk eggs and adds a new workshop, the silk-reel. You can spin silk eggs into silk thread here, allowing for easy silk-farming.

- The Earth Strikes Back!by Dirst
Find hidden gems and hidden enemies while mining. Build tributes to pacificy the rock golems, farm gem-vines or keep pet rocks around.
This mod is disabled by default, since it heavily affects balancing and includes constantly running dfhack scripts.

- Arctic Additionsby Malecus
Adds new content to arctic regions, tundras and glaciers. 20 new creatures, 2 megabeasts, 2 plants, 2 grasses...
Taken from a forum post, otherwise not available as mod.

- Small Things Modby Umiman
Adds over 1000 pref-strings to creatures, 220 new speeches for adventure mode and 300 new engravings.
An older mod for .28 from D2010/11 that I updated.

- Procedual Decorationsby Wastedlabor
Adds 75,000 randomly generated engravings.

- Stals Armory Packby Stalhansch
Adds a ton of new weapons and armors to dwarves, based on RL medieval items.
Some items overlapped with Historic Arms and Armors, so I cut them out.

- Historic Arms and Armorsby Grimlocke
Adds a ton of new weapons, trapcomps and armors to dwarves, based on RL medieval items.
Some items overlapped with Stals Armory Pack, so I cut them out.

- Terrible Weapons Packby LiberCeli
Adds 40 new weapons to dwarves that are very crude and basic, like meat-hooks, pitchforks and cleavers.

Dwarves:
Dwarves are the default race that most players will use. They have full vanilla DF content with a lot of mod additions.

Master smiths and metalworkers, they have access to three new metals and can refine their weapons and armor to masterwork quality in special forges. Metal siege-engines and javelin-throwers add new ranged capabilities, new cave-themed pets live with you underground.

Dwarves can also join military groups or guilds, receiving special training; call migrants or caravans from the liaisons office; or transmute metals in the alchemists lab.

Workshops & Furnaces
Liaisons Office:
Pay gold coins to request migrants or caravans to come.

Weight Bench:
Lift boulders to increase physical stats.

Shrine:
Pray for an item type. This has a very low success chance, but is a good last chance to get that missing strange-mood item.

Wood Splitting Block:
Basic wood-cutting workshop. Cut your tree trunks into many smaller wooden planks/blocks.

Stonecrafter, Woodcarver, Bonecarver and Gemcutter:
Four simple workshops that create items and furniture from there four materials that are missing in vanilla DF. Both the stonecrafter and woodcarver accept blocks as input.

Furniture Workshop:
Make complete sets of furniture from different materials, including some metals.

Pottery:
Form all kinds of items and furniture from clay, fireclay or kaolinite. These soft clay items can't be used yet, but after burning them in the kiln, you get stoneware, earthenware and porcelain items.

Tailor:
Create clothing and leather-armor sets with a single reaction, or unravel cloth back into thread.

Archeologist:
Your miners can find three unique gem-types: Relics, fossils and treasures. The archeologist can restorate them to former glory and gives you a random item... maybe a golden throne, maybe an adamantine sword... good luck!

Alchemist:
Requires one Orichalcum bar to build, which is a byproduct of metal working. For every 100 bars of metal made in the smelter, you get one orichalcum bar. The Alchemist can turn lead into gold, create gems and transmute metals into different metals.

Guildhall and Garrison:
Large buildings that enable your dwarves to change their caste. For 2500 gold they turn into a guild-member or military-group member of your choice. Guild members learn related skills twice as fast, while military-group members learn combat skills twice as fast and get a few attribute boni.

Scriptorium:
Write books for your library sections. Once you have 10 on any given topic, you can build a library (workshop) with it.

Library:
Six library sections, of warfare, mind&body, farmwork, crafting, smithing&engineering and philosophy. They instantly give any dwarf reading up on a skill a basic knowledge in it. Good for migrants and militias.

Brick Oven:
Make blocks of any color for awesome megaprojects.

Ore Processor:
Optional step before smelting your ore. Sort it into pure ore and rocks for higher yield.

Crematory:
Burn items and refuse to clear the fort and create ash/coke.

Metallurgist:
Create alloys. Attention! This means steel is made here, not in the smelter!

Crucible:
Smelt mithril and wolfram and efficiently make steel and bronze bars.

Blast Furnace:
Smelt large batches of metal ore at once. Very fuel efficient.

Volcanic Foundry:
Create volcanic metal, a better-than-steel alloy, warm to the touch.

Finishing Forge:
Cold hammer bronze, tin and copper. This allows early militias even without the need for fuel.

Armory & Weaponry:
Improve the quality of armors and weapons. Instead of smelting it down and reforging, simply refine the item you have. Adds one quality level per workstep, but can only be done once per item.

Javelin Maker:
Make ammo for your heavy crossbows, the javelin throwers. Aka mini-ballistas.

Heavy Siegeworks:
Create metal ballistas and catapults and batches of ammo for them.

Kobolds
Small race of thieving dog-lizard creatures as known from vanilla DF. Their theme is very much tribal, simplistic and naturalistic. They use animal materials and hunting for most of their needs; their workshops are build of wood and leather, not rock. They do not have access to picks or mining, nor to metals at all.

Due to their short lifespan of 15 years, its best to create a huge force of kobolds to outnumber your enemies. You can poison blowdarts in the kitchens or use a number of new pets to protect yourself.

Workshops & Furnaces
Wood Splitting Block:
Splits logs into several planks/blocks. Simple!

Leather Upholstery:
Makes leather furniture.

Leather Trimmer:
Tans and upgrades leathers and makes leather armor.

Chitin Scrapper:
Tans and upgrades chitins and makes chitin armor.

Shell Crafter:
Tans and upgrades shells and makes shell armor.

Scale Cleaner:
Tans and upgrades scales and makes scale armor.

Glass Blower:
Makes glasses, glass weapons and items.

Clay Shaper:
Makes clay items, which are fired in the kiln.

Cloth Cutter:
Unravel cloth into thread, make clothing sets.

Wood Carver:
Makes wooden items from planks/blocks.

Bone Chipper:
Makes bone items and weapons.

Wicker Weaver:
Makes wicker from plants, uses said wicker for furniture and blocks.

Trap Setter:
Makes mechanisms and trap parts; upgrades trap parts.

Breeding Warrens:
Use female workers to spawn new kobold babies. They are fully grown in only one year.

Crematory:
Burn items to clear stockpiles and create ash/coke.

Booze Burner:
Make fuel from alcohol.

Training Room:
Use training weapons to raise military skills.

Totempole:
Control the weather. Rain is especially good at putting out fires!

Succubiby Boltgun

A race of seductive humanoids acting as an extension for the escaped entities of vanilla DF. Their goal is to reshape the world into their own twisted image for their master. The demons employ an inefficient industry and cannot produce good metals, but their summoned entities combined with their ability to seduce foes into their side will provide the extra resources and artillery needed to succeed.

They are immune to heat so fire and magma are not a danger. Magma can be produced manually and act as a vital resource, powering most of their signature workshops.

Workshops & Furnaces
Magma Well:
Will let you fill nearby holes with magma. Channel some areas around the well then run a job, instant fuel.

Summoning portal:
Spawns creatures. Check the description of each job for more info on the result.

Den of iniquity:
Will turn nearby non succubi into hybrids demons who will instantly join your cause.

Underworld drill:
Generates free slade blocks and boulders.

Floating glass furnace:
Produces glass blocks and windows in great quantities.

Red/Blue portals:
Provides instant transportation between two spots of your map.

Brick oven:
Produces colored bricks.

Crematory:
Burns body parts and vermin for ash and free refuse space.

Gemcutter:
Produces gem crafts and furniture.

Bone carver:
Produces bone crafts and furniture.

Orcsby Smakemupagus
Proud warrior race with good fighters and an industry based on raiding, slave-work, hand-crafted well-made items and mass-produced shabbily-made items.

Workshops & Furnaces
Tribal Warcrafter
Fletcher
Boneforge
Orcish Factory
Molten Pit
Blacksmoke Furnace
Damasc Forge
Ashlander Glassblower
Ancient Foundry

Raiders Drydock
Freelancers Guild

Handpump
Fluid Caster

Dismemberment Theater
Blood Bowl Pitch
Sparring Pit

Ghetto Overseer
Dwarf Labor Cell
Elf Labor Cell
Human Labor Cell

Goblin Sawmill
Goblin Quarry
Goblin Tinkerer
Goblin Muckraker

Kobold Poisoner
Kobold Thief
Kobold Textile Hut
Kobold Bonescrimmer

Caravanserai General Bazaar
Caravanserai Farmers Market
Caravanserai Arms Dealer
Caravanserai Shadowbroker

Auxill Outpost
Orc Outpost
Human Outpost
Dwarf Outpost
Elf Outpost

Humansby Meph
Neutral traders and craftsmen. Humans thrive on the surface, building large castles, guildhalls and farms. Their main driving focus is commerce, trading produce for coin, coin for new produce... ah, good old capitalism! Guild control the market however and you need to buy your way in, establishing larger and larger guild halls to unlock more workshops.

Workshops & Furnaces
Cook Guild
All things brewing and cooking. Allows mass-brewing of drinks, aging cheese and wine, and making fuel from booze.

Carpenter Guild
All things wood. Makes wooden blocks for more constructions, breaks apart unwanted wooden furniture to reclaim the logs, and makes new items out of special woods found deep in the caverns.

Academic Guild
Chemists and Alchemists unite! Soap making, blackpowder for guns, wildfire for bombs, metal transmutation and more.

Smith Guild
All things metal! Create steel and mithril, mass-smelt ores, increase the quality of armors and weapons.

Mason Guild
All things stone! Create color-coded blocks, rock armory and weaponry, restore found fossils and relics to former glory.

Engineer Guild
All things tech! Steam engines produce power, mint coins for easier trading, build cannons and siege engines.

Farmer Guild
Herbalists unite! Unlocks the screw-press, create poisons from plants, breed your own war-dogs and make wicker furniture and blocks.

Fisher Guild
Fish farming made easy. Build indoor pools to farm fish, eel, oyster and turtles.

Merchant Guild
The hub of commerce! Call for more migrants, diplomats and caravans and exchange coin nominations.

Jeweler Guild
All things shiny! Work with gems and glass to make new items, weapons and armors with them.

Tanner Guild
All things leather! Tan scales, shells and chitin into armor, upgrade them, or create entire armor-sets.

Clothier Guild
All things textile! Dye cloth, upgrade cloth types, create cloth-padded furniture, clothing sets and unravel cloth or thread.

Local Merchants
15 different merchant stalls that buy and sell basic goods for gold. Be it wood, stone, gems, ore, metal, pets, food, drinks, leathers, clothing, armors, weapons, ranged weapons or trap-components.

Foreign Merchants
8 different merchants from different races, Human, Dwarf, Elf, Kobold, Orc, Goblin, Succubi or Necromancer, offering different items unique to their civs. Be it muskets, tungsten warhammers, clay crafts, poisons, captured prisoners, summoned monsters...

Foreign Workshops
8 different craftsmen from different races, Human, Dwarf, Elf, Kobold, Orc, Goblin, Succubi or Necromancer, offering different services unique to their civs. Be it forging, brewing, crafting, summoning and casting spells...

Scriptorium
Write books for your library sections. Once you have 10 on any given topic, you can build a library (workshop) with it.

Library
Six library sections, of warfare, mind&body, farmwork, crafting, smithing&engineering and philosophy. They instantly give any dwarf reading up on a skill a basic knowledge in it. Good for migrants and militias.

Thank you!
If you want to help to spread the word, paste this into your signature:
Code: [Select]
[url=http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=125633.0]¤MasterworkDF¤ for 42.06 - A comprehensive mod-pack[/url]
« Last Edit: November 24, 2021, 04:15:14 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: MASTERWORK DF - Content Repository
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 12:22:38 pm »

<<Tarkuurb'narkuub Ghoshash Snazaga>>, Perplexing-complexity the Cleaver of Ignorance

is an Orc Fort community tutorial game following a band of exiles in the savage wilds.  It is geared towards helping new players survive early attacks, organize a powerful Orcish warband and take maximum advantage of the Raider's Drydock system. 

In later chapters of the story we transform our Dreamwalkers to Sorcerers, create weapon kits for our elite orcs at the Warrior Society, and finally prepare an assault on the deepest caverns.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 02:38:38 pm by smakemupagus »

jellsprout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ - Content Repository
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 08:38:55 am »

I made a Linux version of v3. However, I am not very experienced in these things, so I don't know if I've done everything that needs to be done. What I've done:

-Added the missing Linux DF files and maps.
-Added the missing Linux DFHack files.
-Removed all the .bat, .exe and .dll files from the main Dwarf Fortress map. This includes all the Phoebus updating files, which I couldn't get to work. There don't appear to be any Linux compatible versions available, so I can't replace them.
-Fixed some capitalization in maps and files, which would lead to errors.
-Fixed the macros.
-Replaced Dwarf Therapist with the Linux version.

I didn't touch the other utilities. I haven't ever used any of them, so I wouldn't know how to set them up in Linux.
This version seems to work properly on Linux, but I haven't done a lot of testing yet so some errors might still pop up. If anybody knows of something I missed, please say so here so I can fix it.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 02:49:09 pm by jellsprout »
"Having been equipped with tracking collars so their migration and survival in the wild can be measured, the young Sea Serpent is released into the wild.  It is hoped that this captive breeding program will boost their terribly low population numbers and eventually see them removed from the endangered species list..."

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 02:13:25 pm »

can i suggest the mod "nano fortress" i use it occasionally on my netbook to run 1x1 embarks (its tiny too meph)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
CHANGELOGS!!! GET THEM HERE; WHILE THEY ARE HOT!!! FRESH CHANGELOGS!!!
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 03:34:58 pm »

Here the next update... I got a strange mood and most of you will know what that means. Ehm... have fun with a pretty much done Kobold mode. I also standardized food stuffs, bones and fixed the dwarven armory, made all animals trainable and tanning now gives leather amounts based on the creatures size; and put a pre-liminary manual into the download. :)

Nice and clean food stuffs:

Kobolds:
Just like Dwarf mode it's much smaller than before, in this case the hexer/witchers got cut; as well as a signature feature: The stealing. :/ Without being able to trigger sieges and without the other races existing, it's a bit hard to steal from them (without downright making the features an exploit) and copying their tech (because it doesn't exist yet). Ogres and psychotropic toads are also gone, as is warpaint and tattoos.

Kobolds do have:
 - The usual items, weapons, armor, tools, toys, etc that you'd expect from a civilization.
 - They use smaller weapon version than the other races, mostly made of bone, wood or glass.
 - They use blowguns as ranged weapons.
 - Pets include tiny vermin-hunting raptors, giant cave spiders, scorpions, snakes and rats.
 - Best early weapon is the venom of said pets, to cover your blowdarts.
 - 18 custom workshop, including a Cheatsheet! that gives a quick overview.

Overall Kobold mode has gotten harder, mostly because of NO DIGGING and NO ACCESS TO METAL/STONE/GEM. It's much closer to the original Kobold Camp mod, with obvious Masterwork additions. :)

All kobold workshops:

Full Changelog:
V.06

Fixed dwarven Armory reagents.
Added Autofixhandedness script to allow custom gloves.
Added forumdwarves script. CTRL P prints your description ready for succession forts.

Creatures now give leather according to their size.
(this will be optional, once added to the GUI)

All creatures are now trainable.

Standardized bodyparts.
 - When you butcher an animal, you get "sliced meat/lung/heart/kidney chop".

Standardized bones.
 - When you butcher an animal, you still get "animal name bone"
 - As soon as it's used to make an item, it turns into "cleaned bone item"

Added language to kobolds.
Removed utterances.
Added graphics to kobolds.
Added values and nobles.
Added items to kobolds.
 - Instruments as usual
 - Toy are chew toys
 - Tools as usual
 - Ballista ammo as usual
 - Trap comps are pump mechanisms & menacing spikes (rest only available in custom workshop)
 - Shields: Buckler
 - Pants: Pants & Greaves
 - Shoes: Sandals & Low Boots
 - Gloves: Gloves (get worn down)
 - Helmets: Hoods (get worn down)
 - Armor: Vest, Leather Armor & Mail shirts
 - Training weapons: All (except pikes, they are too large)
 - Weapons: whip (WHIP), large dagger (KNIFE), clubs (MACE), hatchets (AXE), mallets (HAMMER), machetes (SWORD), pointy sticks (SPEAR).
 - Ranged weapons: Blowgun with blowdarts.

Kobolds now get nauseus, drowsy and/or dizzy when drinking alcohol!

Added Shalswars (tiny raptor vermin hunters)
Added jack rats (fast breeding meat-production)
Added giant jack rats (wagon-puller/pack animals and mounts)
Added giant bark scorpion (chitin and venom source)
Added helmet snake (scale and venom and egg source)
Added giant cave spider (yes, you read that right. Also:Venom & Silk)

Added new reaction to craftsbold:
 - "Melt metal thingy into blocks" => THIS IS YOUR ONLY WAY TO GET FIREPROOF BUILD MATS!!!
 - Takes any metal object and 1 log to melt it into a bar.
 - Use this to start your smelter, kiln, glass furnace or wood furnace.
 - Where do you get a metal object in the first place? Ask invaders.

Added booze burner, new furnace for kobolds:
 - Turns 1 unit of booze into 1 fuel.
 - Turns 1 unit of booze and 1 oil into 3 fuel.

Added new reactions to kitchen:
 - Cook 2 vermin remains for 1 meat.
 - Cook 2 vermin remains into 1 bonemeal (flux) boulder.
 - Cook 1 bone into 1 meat.

Added new reactions to still:
 - Cover 15 blowdarts with venom. Needs any venom.
 - All venomous creatures can be milked now.
 - You have 3 venomous pets at embark, 2 snakes, 1 scorpion.

Added new reactions to tanner:
 - Make waterskins from stomachs.
 - Make daggers, mallets, clubs and pointy sticks from horn/hoof.
 - Make rope from leather.

Added breeding warrens, new workshop:
 - Instantly impregnates a female worker, making her give birth to 1-5 new bolds.
 - These new kobold babies take 1 year to grow up to adulthood.

Added Trainingroom and Trap Parcour
 - Both train weapon, armor and military skills.
 - They use objects like training weapons, bucklers and armorpieces, which are preserved.

Added Glass Blower
 - Makes bins, beds, barrels and buckets from glasses.
 - Makes ammo, weapons and trapcomps from glasses.

Added Crematory
 - Destroys items and makes ash.
 - Burns wooden items into coke.

Added Wood Splitting Block
 - Takes log, makes planks. Simple and automatic.

Added Bone Chipper
 - Makes items from bones. Mostly furniture.
 - Makes weapons from bones.

Added Wood Carver
 - Makes items from wooden planks. Mostly furniture.

Added Clay Shaper
 - Forms clay items from clay, fire clay or kaolinite. 5% failure rate.
 - These items are called "greenware", which means they are not burned in an oven yet.
 - You need to fire them in the kiln to use the items.

Added new reactions to Kiln
 - Fire clay/fireclay/kaolinite items. Mostly furniture.

Added Leather Upholstery
 - Makes leather furniture.
 - Note: Not all items will be stockpiled, due to being animal-materials.

Added Wicker Weaver
 - Makes wicker blocks from whip vine, quarry bush, longland grass, cave wheat or blade vine.
 - Makes wicker blocks from any leaves (process plant to bag in Farmworkshop)
 - Uses wicker blocks to make furniture.
 - Makes no(!) items that hold liquids. (pots, barrels, buckets, floodgates, etc)

Added Cloth Cutter
 - Unravels woven cloth into thread.
 - Makes cloth bedrolls, backpacks and quivers.
 - Makes specific clothing sets.

Added Leather Trimmer, Shell Crafter, Scale Cleaner and Chitin Scrapper
 - All four use the specific animal-materials.
 - Can upgrade their materials with tallow to get better protection.
 - Makes specific armor pieces & armor sets.
 - Leather trimmer also makes ropes and whips.

Added Trap Setter
 - Makes mechanisms from bone or wood.
 - Makes trap-comps from bone or wood.
 - Can improve trap-comps in three way: Barbs, Snares and Webbing.
 - Attach webs to trap-comps to give them a chance of slowing the enemy down.
 - Attach ropes to trap-comps to give them a chance of paralysing the enemy.
 - Attach wooden barbs to trap-comps to cause extra bleeding and pain.

Added Totempole
 - Allows you to change the weather to clear, raining or snowing.
 - This is your only way to stop forest fires!

Added Kobold Cheatsheet file. Large .png with summary of all workshops.
Added pre-liminary manual.

V0.5

Added new utility: df text fix, to get rid of black spaces when using TTF. => It's in the MasterworkDwarffortress/Utilities folder. It has been written by Cyberphantom and you can find out more about it here.

Added additional speech files for Adv. Mode (From Wanderers Friend)

Added Personal Shrine - Pray for things (1% chance to get it. 33% to get XP in Pacifying.) All items you can pray for are required in moods, this building is designed to help save a moody dwarf. This building works the same way as in the old mod, just with much rarer outcome. You can power your fortress on prayer anymore.

Added new reactions to several vanilla workshops:
-  Millstone: You can grind boulders into sand. You can destroy any rock object.
-  Kiln: You can bake bones/remains into bonemeal, a flux. You can make cinder blocks from Ash bars.
-  Tanner: Make flasks from stomachs. Make daggers from horn/hoof. Make rope from leather.
-  Craftsman: Make individual rock crafts (good for mandates/demands) like rings, bracelets, amulets, scepters, crowns or earrings. Extract strands of silver, gold, mithril or orichalcum, to make fancy clothing/thread.
-  Smelter: Make iron or steel anvil from 3 bars. Directly, no need for a forge.

Fixed graphical error: missing treetrunks.
Fixed graphical error: Twbt wasnt working with Obsidian Soul.
Fixed a bug: Grinder destroyed full cages/buckets/jugs etc. They now must be EMPTY.

Added support for Fortress Defense races.
 - You can set every race as active or inactive and/or as playable in Adv.Mode.
 - You can determine the combat skills of each race.
 - You can set their AI, be it thieves, snatchers, siegers, ambushers or skulking (like kobolds)
 - You can determine if the siege and/or trade early or lage.
 - You can determine their active seasons.
- You can determine their ALLIANCES!!! => This means you can ally with Fortress Defense races if you want.
 - Added nobles, diplomats and merchants to all Fortress Defense races.

Added cavern grasses, three unique styles for the three caverns.
 - First cavern is green with moss.
 - Second cavern is blue with crystals. => If eaten, your grazers get a 50% defense buff "covered in crystal growth"
 - Third caverns is grey with floor tiles.

Added peat, compact peat, anthracite.
 - Peat can be collected like clay.
 - 5 Peat can be pressed into a compact peat boulder.
 - Compact peat can be used to make 2-4 fuel in the Smelter.
 - Anthracite can be used to make 10 fuel in the Smelter.

Added the old, well-known worldgen recipies for the Adv. World Generator.
 - You know the drill: Open caverns, lots of flat areas, specific evil/good/mixed worlds, etc.
 - New: North/South poles. Set to North and/or South in each world.
 - New: Divine metals. Set to 1 unique divine material per world.
- IMPORTANT!!! => With the mod as is you can still use the normal World Generator. It will be fine.

Added Castes to Kobolds
 - Same 12 castes as before.
 - Instead of LIKES_FIGHTING the 3 earth castes get NOFEAR => after they have seen combat.
 - Instead of hiding/vanishing the 3 air castes get FLEE => double speed for 500 ticks when fleeing.
 - Combathardness powerup does not work yet. Errorlog claims that the tags dont exist. Toady deleted those (?).

0.000004: 22 tilesets, GUI prototype, more workshops for Dwarves, Succubi are playbale, Gnomes are playable, Twbt has all item graphics and more.

0.000003: Spacefox Tileset, Phoebus Civ and Creature graphics, Wannabeheros new pets (moleweasels, leatherwing bats, etc), Twbt is active, Multilevel is active. Added new metals (mithril, cobalt, volcanic, tungsten) and workshops to make them. Crucible, Volcanic Foundry, Blast Furnace. Added all new items, your forge menu should be more interesting.

0.000002: Metal Siegeworks, Crematory, Brick Oven, Metallurgists Smelter, Libraries, Scriptorium, two-handed weapons, ink & glue in kitchen, vellum (leather pages) in tanner, Ore Processor. Mithril. (no way to get it yet)

0.000001: All utilities, DF 40.23 (of course Toady updates right now to .24), dfhack, standardized wood, standardized leathers, and following mod-workshops: Bonecarver, Stonecrafter, Woodcrafter, Gemcutter, Wood Splitting Block, Weight Bench, Furniture Workshop, Tailor and new reaction in the Tanner.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 04:59:06 am by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 07:59:15 pm »

The Mac version has moved to a separate thread.
Spoiler: v.3 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 03:47:54 pm by lethosor »
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2013, 10:12:11 pm »

Added a short note and a link to the release post about both the linux and the mac version. Thank you both for the help.

jellsprout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2013, 04:20:39 pm »

I've made a few minor updates to the Linux version:
-Dwarf Therapist has been updated to the latest version (splinterz 20.4)
-Changed Dwarf Therapists game_data.ini file so the professions show the Masterwork names instead of the vanilla ones
-Added a few missing DFHack scripts and removed the useless Windows scripts

The previous link has been updated to the new version.
"Having been equipped with tracking collars so their migration and survival in the wild can be measured, the young Sea Serpent is released into the wild.  It is hoped that this captive breeding program will boost their terribly low population numbers and eventually see them removed from the endangered species list..."

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2013, 03:43:23 pm »

I made this little colorscheme preview, because... why not. Click on it to zoom in. My favourite is CLA, with the not-so-bright-green grass.

oggimog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2013, 06:22:16 am »

I made a Linux version of v3. However, I am not very experienced in these things, so I don't know if I've done everything that needs to be done. What I've done:
ah, great I was thinking of doing the same ^^. I'.m also not vrey fit in this, only did this for my self for the last version. I will try your version and see if I can provide any help.

Ps: meph, I was thinking of writing a (much simpler) settings manager in python. Can you explain in short how you do the settings? Do you simply copy and replace the raws and edit the init file or is there more to it?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 06:26:44 am by oggimog »

urmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2013, 08:09:21 am »

Thanks, jellsprout, I've got your v3 version working on linux, including DwarfTherapist, stonesense and soundSense.  I'm on a gentoo system, and still had to do the library mods as listed in the Masterwork:Linux wiki page, but it's working great.

BoboJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2013, 08:42:13 am »

I've mirrored the linux alpha thing on zippyshare, because rapidshare is horrible
Linux Alpha v3 Zippyshare: http://www26.zippyshare.com/v/269875/file.html

MasterMorality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2013, 09:36:01 am »

The settings just doesn't seem to work on Mac. You can run DF, but not the settings. Mono doesn't install. Or maybe I'm just crap at using Wine; it's pretty opaque. I tried bottling it, it came back with 150 meg app that didn't work...

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2013, 07:48:38 pm »

The settings just doesn't seem to work on Mac. You can run DF, but not the settings. Mono doesn't install. Or maybe I'm just crap at using Wine; it's pretty opaque. I tried bottling it, it came back with 150 meg app that didn't work...
Did you install Mono? The settings program is in VB, which fails silently if it can't find an interpreter. You need to install the Windows version under wine for it to work (and even then I can't make any guarantees). Sorry about that... :(

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2013, 07:56:42 pm »

Ps: meph, I was thinking of writing a (much simpler) settings manager in python. Can you explain in short how you do the settings? Do you simply copy and replace the raws and edit the init file or is there more to it?

This sounds great - I was about to start on something like this myself, until I saw your post.

Most of the files appear to be in the MasterworkDwarfFortress folder (at least in my version). I guess it might copy the old raws there and edit out sections. You could try asking Meph for the source code, but he's not exactly reachable right now. (oops, didn't read the thread) I'd be willing to help out with this some too, once I get more familiar with the new stuff in the mod.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 03:58:05 pm by lethosor »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 166