Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 897231 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ - Content Repository
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2013, 06:48:01 pm »

Added backups of old versions and the source code of the GUI to the content repository.

Backups of older Versions:
V.1 - If anyone has old files, please let me know. I dont think there is much interest for these very old versions, but you never know.
V.2 - 2 - 2a - 2b - 2c - 2d - 2e - 2f - 2g - 2h - 2i
V.3 - 3 - 3a - 3b - 3c - 3d - 3e - 3f - 3g - 3h - 3i
V.4 - 4 - 4a - 4b

GUI Source Code - V4c
Download it here - The Visual Basics Source Code for the Settings.exe.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 06:24:48 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2013, 05:52:42 pm »

Why is the source 80 megabytes

EDIT: Because you included an entire copy of MDF including every graphics pack and DF itself, I see
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 05:59:01 pm by Putnam »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2013, 06:16:50 pm »

Yes, it includes the game and raws, because otherwise you'd start up the program and get several hundret error messages about missing files.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Thief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2013, 10:52:04 am »

Download keeps failing...why
Remind me never to leave you in charge of a fort that requires basic math to survive.

cethegus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2013, 04:03:00 am »

As i really liked the idea of building labels for all areas, i did code the alphabet. thanks for inspiring me!

letters set as building_furnace
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

entity_default
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 04:15:16 am by cethegus »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2013, 10:04:46 am »

Nice :)

The CTRL hotkeys wont work, because too many other things are toggled with it, which are hardcoded, like macros, but otherwise I like the idea. But I cant add it to the mod, because I already have way too many buildings to scroll through. You can release it as a minor mod in the mod section though. :)

If you make the workshops instead of furnaces and use MAT as color instead of 7:0:0, you can even make differently colored words, because the workshops take on the color of the material they are build with. Furnaces glitch out, but workshops are ok with COLOR:3:1:MAT.

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McSpacemarine, AxeDwarf
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2014, 05:06:42 pm »

Is there a place to download just the manual for us who are temporarily stuck on another computer without the ability to run DF for long periods of time?
never mind, found it.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 01:02:58 am by shadowclasper »
Project Manager for Towergirls: Subtitle Pending

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2014, 12:21:41 am »

Is there a place to download just the manual for us who are temporarily stuck on another computer without the ability to run DF for long periods of time?

That's a great idea, so I just wrote some code to fulfil your wish.

You can now download just the manual. It's based on SWP/master, so there may be corrections which have not yet made it into the official releases. :)

I've also set that file to auto-update when manual changes are made, so it should always be up-to-date.

~ T

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2014, 02:35:21 am »

Added it to the first post. :)

EDIT: And a couple of succession forts as well.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 02:37:56 am by Meph »

dementia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2014, 03:17:54 am »

After reading http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=133995.msg4816834#msg4816834 I decided that I would write a text guide that allows other users to follow along to get a wine version working (for linux).

Here goes.

To start you need to download wine through your distribution's package system. On linux mint you can just run the following command,
sudo apt-get install wine.

Next you will want to  install winetricks in order to get a working version of the 4.0 .net framework.
sudo apt-get install winetricks
will do the trick.

If you have already installed wine and used the directory this will cause you to lose all of your work. if you haven't and you have 64 bit wine installed then feel free to do the following that is contained in this spoiler.

If you have a 64 bit version of wine installed, and you have used it before then I suggest reading yahweh's reply for a workaround.

After that, install the dotnet framework through winetricks with the following command.
bash winetricks dotnet40 corefonts

If your Dwarf Therapist isn't working you can try downloading this version and overwriting the packaged one with this. Haven't tried to launch it through the settings application, but you can find it in the following directory.
 MasterworkDwarfFortress -> Utilities -> Dwarf Therapist
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=122968.0

I have only able to configure the settings once, and that was on the first launch, so make sure you set them up properly before closing it the first time. A work around for this is to delete the current one you have, after backing stuff up if necessary, and do a fresh unzipping. That should be all that you need to do to get a, mostly, working MWDF. I am unable to launch it through the settings program, but it is simple to navigate to the Dwarf Fortress folder and run Dwarf Fortress.exe.

Note that this is not an optimal solution, and not all of the settings will work, nor the bundled plugins, but you will have a, mostly, working MWDF, which, to me, is all that really matters.

Sources:
Setting up the proper prefix for 64 bit systems
http://askubuntu.com/questions/177192/how-do-i-create-a-32-bit-wine-prefix
Installing dotnet framework
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=17886
Original post which this is based upon, by Urist McTeellox
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=133995.msg4816834#msg4816834
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 06:50:18 pm by dementia »

yaymeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2014, 04:28:03 am »

rm -r ~/.wine
That sounds like it could potentially offer a lot of "FUN" to anyone who likes to copy-paste stuff and doesn't know much about wine/bash :3 "Hey, where'd all my windows stuff go?"

I'd recommend using a different wineprefix instead of just deleting everything that the user ever did in wine! You can put a script with the env variables on the Desktop or someẃhere and most DE's /WM's will allow you to "right-click/ execute in terminal" it in a way that makes the terminal stay open & usable after the script runs.

Example:
Code: [Select]
sudo apt-get install wine winetricks
WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=~/.wine32_DF winetricks DOTNET40 corefonts
echo "export WINEARCH=win32 && export WINEPREFIX=~/.wine32_DF && cd ~/.wine32_DF" > ~/Desktop/DFTerminal.sh && chmod +x ~/Desktop/DFTerminal.sh
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 04:32:48 am by yaymeh »

dementia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2014, 09:29:54 pm »

Alright, thanks. I'm a bit of a noob myself, so you probably saved quite a few people's wine directories. Although, your explanation was a tad bit difficult to understand. If you would write up a proper step by step procedure of what needs to be done I'm sure the 64 bit linux users would appreciate it.

yaymeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2014, 11:00:03 am »

Uhm... not sure what's left to explain. Your guide is almost perfect - just skip the "rm -r ~/.wine" and use a different directory instead ;)

The directory that wine uses is determined by the $WINEPREFIX environment variable. In your example you're setting it to "WINEPREFIX=~/.wine" which is the default wine uses out of the box already (you don't have to set it to ~/.wine - it starts out that way). Any new directory will do just fine. You can even put it into your DF folder if you want to keep everything in one place. Just remember to set the variable before starting your windows program so it will use the right prefix instead of the default one.

( Usually it's recommended to use a different prefix for every suite of windows programs that so that programs that you're not using together can't break each others, but many users don't do that and put everything in ~/.wine instead where accidents are bound to happen sooner or later:D ).

Hmm... let me try something...:
( oh no that's more than I thought...)
argh ok... so... uhm... no, that's not working properly also took way longer than I thought xD , but maybe someone can finish it sometime, I'll just put it there for now:
NOW LOOK WHAT YOU'VE MADE ME DO! I made a mess! T_T
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136827.0

Anyway... You can configure a launcher on your desktop to use a prefix by adding something like "env WINEPREFIX=" to your the exec line... that way you don't have to start the tool from a terminal every time.

That would look a little like that, just with the right folder/filenames:

(~/Desktop/dfMasterwork_config.desktop)
Code: [Select]
[Desktop Entry]
Name=DF Masterwork configuration (wine)
Exec=env WINEPREFIX=\"$installdir/.wine_df\" wine \"$installdir/$masterpath/Masterwork Dwarf Fortress.exe\"
Type=Application
StartupNotify=true
Path=$installdir/$masterpath
Icon=WHAT_I_DONT_HAVE_AN_ICON_GET_YOUR_OWN_ICON

dementia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2014, 04:13:00 pm »

NOW LOOK WHAT YOU'VE MADE ME DO! I made a mess! T_T
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136827.0
Looks like you are having some FUN.

On a serious note, I understand better what you were explaining earlier, and I will update the post to reflect what you were saying. If you ever get around to making that launch script work, then I would be glad to add it to the tutorial.

yaymeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2014, 05:56:30 am »

Has the game_data.ini link provided in this thread been updated yet? I think the old one might be making my linux Therapist segfault with the new MW v.4i
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 166