Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 911450 times)

lordofgilneas

• Bay Watcher
  • And i suppose you think you're the one to do it?
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK REBORN☼ - 40.24 - V.006 - Last Update: 27th March
« Reply #165 on: April 13, 2015, 05:21:38 pm »

It does for me. Sometimes.

Malketh

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 13, 2015, 07:00:06 pm »

So I've managed to get a bit more data on the butchering bug I found.  I've managed to butcher badgers and badgerdogs, but giant badgers crash it as well.  I've also butchered a few random other creatures that I can't remember.  Sadly I've looked through all the logs I can find, and of course there's no debugging info like I'm used to dealing with.

gasznak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 15, 2015, 05:59:17 am »

I found out why my game was crashing.

It was this bug:
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=8719

Which is not related to Masterwork DF.

Sozzals

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
    • Pyran - Adult Gaming Community
« Reply #168 on: April 18, 2015, 06:19:06 am »

I've been playing the mighty Kobolds and having loads of fun building an entire tribal village out of clay and wood, but I can't seem to get the shellcrafting underway.  I have a hundreds of shells in a stockpile - but my shell crafter building won't turn the shells into leather (I also have a tanner and all bolds set to tanning) and I can't seem to turn them into anything useful like armour.

When I attempt to make something, it tells me that I'm missing shell_tanned_hide which takes place at a Shell Crafter.

Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/nJNIZfQ.png
You can see the shell stockpile on the right - the shell crafter building is highlighted.

Any ideas?

Emperor

• Bay Watcher
  • Time is fleeting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 18, 2015, 06:30:41 am »

I've been playing the mighty Kobolds and having loads of fun building an entire tribal village out of clay and wood, but I can't seem to get the shellcrafting underway.  I have a hundreds of shells in a stockpile - but my shell crafter building won't turn the shells into leather (I also have a tanner and all bolds set to tanning) and I can't seem to turn them into anything useful like armour.

When I attempt to make something, it tells me that I'm missing shell_tanned_hide which takes place at a Shell Crafter.

Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/nJNIZfQ.png
You can see the shell stockpile on the right - the shell crafter building is highlighted.

Any ideas?

It's not really the right thread to ask such questions, but I'll try to help you - next time though, better ask questions regarding races in their respective threads.

On to the issue itself - do you have any burrows set? The burrows bug is a vanilla issue, and there is nothing we can do about it.
Also, the shell crafter building may be of some use.

Sozzals

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
    • Pyran - Adult Gaming Community
« Reply #170 on: April 18, 2015, 07:05:56 am »

Apologies if this isn't the right thread.... I wasn't really sure where to go, normally I ask on Reddit but didn't get any response there.  No burrows or anything set up yet.  The shell crafter building is the one I have highlighted in the screenshot.

Emperor

• Bay Watcher
  • Time is fleeting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 18, 2015, 07:12:31 am »

Oh, yes, I didn't paid attention. The shell glob should be tanned automatically at the tanner workshop, and then you should be able to harden it using tallow...But why isn't it working? I really don't know. Sorry. Perhaps someone who played Kobolds more could help you.

perkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 20, 2015, 03:15:35 am »

Are human dwarf races playable without bugs ?

snelg

• Bay Watcher
  • Hoary Marmot Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 20, 2015, 07:04:41 am »

Are human dwarf races playable without bugs ?
Dwarf runs great as far as I could tell. Only problems I had was unrelated crashes from vanilla df when building over trees.
When there's no more room in the fortress, the cats will walk the earth.
Cancels writing: Interrupted by Hoary Marmot.

qorthos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 20, 2015, 09:27:49 pm »

Couple of bugs:

I get "soul_gem" as a layer in world prospect (haven't embarked at one of those locations).  That's part of the succubi inorganic file.  No idea why it is doing this.

I can only make floodgates from clay (specifically sandy clay).  All other options in the pottery building are red.  This is the pottery reactions in reaction_kobold.txt

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:DWARF_CRAFT_CLAY_FLOODGATE]
[NAME:Shape floodgate from clay]
[BUILDING:BRICKOVEN_KOBOLD:NONE][BUILDING:POTTERY:CUSTOM_L]
{BUILDING:WORKSHOP_KOBOLD:NONE}
{BUILDING:HERMIT_WORKBENCH_CLAY:NONE}
[REAGENT:clay:1:BOULDER:TOOL:NONE:INORGANIC:CLAY][HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:FIRED_MAT]was shaped_mat
[PRODUCT:95:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_FLOODGATE_FAKE:INORGANIC:GREENWARE_CLAY]
[SKILL:POTTERY]

[REACTION:DWARF_CRAFT_CLAY_GRATE]
[NAME:Shape grate from clay]
[BUILDING:BRICKOVEN_KOBOLD:NONE][BUILDING:POTTERY:CUSTOM_SHIFT_G]
{BUILDING:WORKSHOP_KOBOLD:NONE}
{BUILDING:HERMIT_WORKBENCH_CLAY:NONE}
[REAGENT:clay:1:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:CLAY][HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:FIRED_MAT]was shaped_mat
[PRODUCT:95:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_GRATE_FAKE:INORGANIC:GREENWARE_CLAY]
[SKILL:POTTERY]

The REAGENT is very slightly different for both reactions.  Using the floodgate reagent seems to fix things.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #175 on: April 21, 2015, 03:50:08 am »

Good catch. BOULDER:TOOL:NONE:INORGANIC:CLAY is wrong, a find&replace error.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

qorthos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 21, 2015, 08:13:02 am »

Hmm?

[REAGENT:clay:1:BOULDER:TOOL:NONE:INORGANIC:CLAY] works

[REAGENT:clay:1:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:CLAY] does not

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 21, 2015, 10:15:50 am »

Just off the cuff, but shouldn't it be

[REAGENT:clay:1:BOULDER:NONE:NONE:NONE][HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:FIRED_MAT]

?

INORGANIC:CLAY is subtle wrong because it excludes other types of clay like Silty Clay and Sandy clay; it would work properly only in simple soils mode which is likely how Meph plays/tests

BOULDER:TOOL is wrong ofc just because, that's not a thing.  (qorthos, it probably "looks like" it works because the reagent is totally borked so the reaction runs for free)

derzz

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 21, 2015, 02:35:35 pm »

I changed population cap to 50. Therefore, there is no any fun invaders except FB despite i've been living for 3 years. In vanilla DF i could change invaders' properties in creature_default. But Masterwork's raws differ from vanilla's ones. Which file i need to tweak to change invasion triggers?

qorthos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 21, 2015, 03:10:06 pm »

Just off the cuff, but shouldn't it be

[REAGENT:clay:1:BOULDER:NONE:NONE:NONE][HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:FIRED_MAT]

?

INORGANIC:CLAY is subtle wrong because it excludes other types of clay like Silty Clay and Sandy clay; it would work properly only in simple soils mode which is likely how Meph plays/tests

BOULDER:TOOL is wrong ofc just because, that's not a thing.  (qorthos, it probably "looks like" it works because the reagent is totally borked so the reaction runs for free)

I tested it at the time and the dorfs were grabbing a boulder of sandy clay.  I'll recheck it later tonight or tomorrow and see verify what works.

Any idea on the layer of soul_gem?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 166