Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 906659 times)

paragith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK REBORN☼ - 40.24 - V.006 - Last Update: 27th March
« Reply #240 on: May 13, 2015, 04:21:24 pm »

Hey, glad you are working on the mod again, previous iteration was my favourite addition to vanilla df!
* - previous as is before you started to add dozens of esoteric professions to dwarf mode xD

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 13, 2015, 05:56:22 pm »

My second question is that even though their is a section on the metals added via masterworks in the incomplete guide, is their a location that lists the added metals in effectiveness for blunt, slash, pierce, and armor ratings or do I have to look in the raws and compile the necessary charts myself?
I don't think there's any real changes to the materials between v6.2 and v.006. I could've sworn the manual had a chart of the material raws somewhere, but any data compiled from them during v6.2 should still be accurate (meaning the link Emperor provided above).

Patternwelded cobalt, mithril and wolfram don't exist anymore, in both 6.2 and R.006.  (we created that wiki page in version 3 or so).  Otherwise it looks roughly still up to date.  One of you young energetic kids who likes documentation to be accurate should update it ;)

Dramegno

• Bay Watcher
  • Gobo the other white meat
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 14, 2015, 11:49:25 pm »

Hey guys I am trying to get shell tanning functional in my game so I don't have to wait till the bond update to use shell for armor for my ranged dwarfs, I poked around the raws today and I found some of the entries for the tanning of shells, so too my question which files exactly is the process split up into I found two different .txts but it looks like their would be at least one other file but I admit I look at some of files and my head spins. Any help is appreciated.
So, it's AnimaRytak, mighty Void God, versus the greatest cluster[FOWL] my incompetence can engineer.

I will be so god damn proud if AMBASSADOR bites your head off.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #243 on: May 15, 2015, 03:17:30 am »

It's probably in material_template_default.txt, doesnt have anything to do with the reactions. Except if the GLOB item class clashes with shells, in which case you'd need to separate the reactions into 1 for leather, scale and chitin using GLOB and make a new one for shells using NONE with the shell reaction class.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

qorthos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 15, 2015, 10:46:53 am »

Getting these on repeat in the errorlog.txt:

Code: [Select]
*** Error(s) finalizing the reaction WELL_MAGMA_S
Unrecognized Inorganic Token: SMOKE_PURPLE
*** Error(s) finalizing the reaction WELL_MAGMA_M
*** Error(s) finalizing the reaction WELL_MAGMA_L
*** Error(s) finalizing the creature ELEMENTAL_PAIN
*** Error(s) finalizing the reaction LUA_HOOK_SUMMON_NAHASH TAME NUM_5
*** Error(s) finalizing the reaction LUA_HOOK_SUMMON_ORTHUS TAME
*** Error(s) finalizing the reaction LUA_HOOK_SUMMON_NIGHTMARE TAME
*** Error(s) finalizing the reaction LUA_HOOK_SUMMON_PAIN_ELEMENTAL NUM_3
*** Error(s) finalizing the reaction LUA_HOOK_SUMMON_IMP_FIRE
*** Error(s) finalizing the reaction LUA_HOOK_SUMMON_FROG_DEMON
*** Error(s) finalizing the reaction LUA_HOOK_SUMMON_TENTACLE_MONSTER
*** Error(s) finalizing the reaction LUA_HOOK_SUMMON_SPIRIT_OF_FIRE
*** Error(s) finalizing the reaction LUA_HOOK_SUMMON_HFS

This is all succubus related, isn't it?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #245 on: May 15, 2015, 10:54:35 am »

Yes and harmless. Purple-smoke is missing, which is a decorational thing for magical succubus reactions.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Dramegno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 15, 2015, 05:15:56 pm »

Turns out that shells does not like the new reaction that is in reactions_other.txt
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
But I copied over the reaction code from v.000004 and shells started crafting but it broke everything else so I then tried to add this reaction in the reaction_other.txt and/or reaction_dwarf_civ.txt but it doesn't add to the tanner's workshop here is the reaction.
If someone more knowledgeable than me can tell me what step I am missing to add a new reaction to the tanner's workshop and actually have it added.

I have tried a fresh worldgen and still nada
So, it's AnimaRytak, mighty Void God, versus the greatest cluster[FOWL] my incompetence can engineer.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 15, 2015, 05:43:09 pm »

You have to permit new reactions in the entity file.

Dramegno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 15, 2015, 07:01:26 pm »

smakemupagus thanks alot I now got shell tanning working on my save now. I have tested hardened leather and shell and both works I have not tried scale or chitin.

If you want to use Shell tanning do the following
add
to either your reactions_other.txt or reactions_dwarf_civ.txt or equivalent for your civ.

then add
Code: [Select]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:TAN_A_SHELL] to your entity_good_dwarf.txt or equivalent.

then regen and play.

I know that Meph can make this neater than I did since this is the second time for me changing raws my first time was making the underground crops grow year around like they would in real life. If their are any incompatibilities say something and I will try to fix it.

Curious Key

• Bay Watcher
  • Stumbling belligerence-first through life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 16, 2015, 12:07:19 pm »

I'm just wondering, is masterwork (dwarf race) fleshed out much yet for .40.xx? Is the current version worth trying to play a long-term fort on? I'd love to give it a try, but I'm in a megaproject encrusted mood, and I wouldn't wanna start a world now if it would be unstable and I'd have to ditch it later. :P

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #250 on: May 16, 2015, 12:14:51 pm »

It is fleshed out, but not as large as before. But you got lots of new workshops. Just start it up and then you can decide if you think the features are enough. It's certainly larger than vanilla DF.

Curious Key

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 16, 2015, 12:29:33 pm »

It is fleshed out, but not as large as before. But you got lots of new workshops. Just start it up and then you can decide if you think the features are enough. It's certainly larger than vanilla DF.

Well I don't mind if it's smaller than previous versions, mostly I just want to know if the stuff that's in is functional in it's current state so I don't have to worry about crashes/weirdness that could make a long-term world unfeasible.  Just because your version numbering scheme seems to suggest the mod is in a very early state for this version. :) Sorry I didn't do a very good job of wording that question :P

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #252 on: May 16, 2015, 12:48:01 pm »

There is one large bug, but it only happens if you change tilesets. You have a duplicate of PEAT_SOIL. Otherwise the mod runs fine.

Curious Key

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 16, 2015, 01:07:02 pm »

There is one large bug, but it only happens if you change tilesets. You have a duplicate of PEAT_SOIL. Otherwise the mod runs fine.

Ok thanks. :)

Dramegno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 17, 2015, 01:37:43 am »

quick question I have noticed that the hammerhead bolts that my dwarfs fire do not land forbidden like regular bolts do. Is this intended operation or am I experiencing a bug that by my knowledge will lead to fun in the future or even worse is it due to the limitations of the game that would prevent them from behaving the same?

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 166