Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 905647 times)

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK REBORN☼ - 40.24 - V.006 - Last Update: 27th March
« Reply #585 on: April 22, 2016, 02:58:31 pm »

That doesn't sound like it should be happening. The GUI doesn't itself have the various things archived, it just references where they are stored relative to itself.

Are you sure you're running the right executable? Like if you have more than one DF/MW directory, and you deleted Ironhand out of one of them, but you're running from the other directory.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: April 22, 2016, 03:19:39 pm »

I'm pretty sure I'm running from the right directory. The Dwarf Fortress main screen will pop up when I run it, with the lettering I selected, pause for a moment, and then change to IronHand.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: April 22, 2016, 03:37:20 pm »

Ah, might be that Ironhand is still selected as the TWBT font or something?

I had a similar effect when I was trying DF 42.06 with the recent DF releases - that is, the game would load as one font, then change after a few seconds (when TWBT loaded and changed the font). This wouldn't explain why Ironhand font persists even if you'd deleted it, though.

Edit: Wow, I'm dumb. No, it wouldn't be that, since you specifically said you selected a font but it changed back. I did have a similar issue with DF42.06 but I don't remember how I fixed it. Sorry.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 03:42:53 pm by Niveras »

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: April 22, 2016, 03:44:01 pm »

Oh damn, you're right. I completely missed that. I fixed it now. Thanks for the help.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: April 22, 2016, 04:39:07 pm »

Speaking of the GUI, any change you'll be adding support for different tilesets to have their own TWBT overrides?
That would be a lot of work considering the amount of tiles I'd have to do.

I didn't mean redoing the art to fit the style of the tilesets, but rather referring to how some newer tilesets, like Gemset or Rally Ho! are designed to work with their own set overrides.  As it stands now, there doesn't seem to be a way for those to be packed with the tileset and have the game use that new set instead.

If the overrides.txt and associated image files were stored with the tileset data for the launcher, then copied to the appropriate game locations when selected, this would allow tilesets that already have their own overrides to use those.

Dess-o-metrics

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: April 23, 2016, 06:07:00 pm »

So are the races in the current version mainly feature complete? I Really want use the amazingness of Masterwork but with the additions that come with the newer df version.

123nick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: April 24, 2016, 01:20:36 am »

So are the races in the current version mainly feature complete? I Really want use the amazingness of Masterwork but with the additions that come with the newer df version.
im not 100% sure? i think some of them have implimented features, but not sure which.

123nick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: April 26, 2016, 10:12:47 pm »

i assume there is some progress on reborn? sorry if im being a bit needy, but, you said you were gonna start working, and im just curious if you have, or if another temporary setback has befallen you. maybe a progress report or something would be neat.

Musaab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: April 28, 2016, 01:06:33 am »

i assume there is some progress on reborn? sorry if im being a bit needy, but, you said you were gonna start working, and im just curious if you have, or if another temporary setback has befallen you. maybe a progress report or something would be neat.

I'm pretty sure it is not being worked on, yet.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #594 on: April 28, 2016, 06:58:09 am »

I'm pretty sure it is not being worked on, yet.
How pretty is pretty in that case? :P
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #595 on: April 29, 2016, 04:11:06 am »

Look meph, I feel that your work on this free entertainment product is severely lacking and I am going to demand a refund if you don't start cracking the whip! /sarcasm

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #596 on: April 29, 2016, 06:01:39 am »

Look meph, I feel that your work on this free entertainment product is severely lacking and I am going to demand a refund if you don't start cracking the whip! /sarcasm
It's free? Damn. No one told me.

I'll deinstall VB and dreamweaver and beyond compare and photoshop at once.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #597 on: April 29, 2016, 08:44:41 pm »

It's free? Damn. No one told me.

I'll deinstall VB and dreamweaver and beyond compare and photoshop at once.
is free for me. :P

Although that isn't true because I donated but whatever. Can't wait for the new version, if there is something I can do to help let me know

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ - for df.40.24 - V.006 - 2015 (the smaller new mod)
« Reply #598 on: April 30, 2016, 05:00:11 pm »

Just saying, for those that might or might not want an update: I did a bit here and there and all raws are updated to the newest DF version. Still getting issues with TWBT/Dfhack and the GUI requires an update, but overall its working.

Molay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ - for df.40.24 - V.006 - 2015 (the smaller new mod)
« Reply #599 on: April 30, 2016, 06:49:20 pm »

Just saying, for those that might or might not want an update: I did a bit here and there and all raws are updated to the newest DF version. Still getting issues with TWBT/Dfhack and the GUI requires an update, but overall its working.

Just in case you need the confirmation: There are indeed people that want an update; I would know, I'm one of them. Your absence has been sorely felt throughout the past year or so, and I'm excited you're back among us, slaving away at your computer for our amusement. I'm looking forward to any updates you do on the new MW version, and bringing it in line with the current game/dfhack version is much anticipated, as is all the other good stuff MW is sure to bring (or bring back?) in the future!

So, errr, that's just so you know someone gives a damn that you're working your ass off for us :-)

Hugs and KissesMugs and Kittens,
Molay
The best alternative to having a functional steel industry is to have a really, really, really good hospital. And a lot of coffins.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 166