Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 906365 times)

zakhad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (42.06) - DF2016 - Newest version!
« Reply #855 on: May 28, 2016, 08:58:04 am »

Had a typo bug in that the White tiger noble duchess is missing The Race part from from her title

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
LP'er

ungratefuldead

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: May 28, 2016, 12:18:09 pm »

Just had some Undead Water Men show up in a siege and drop all their gear (though they were still quite hostile, until some Giant Alligators shredded them). Not sure if that's a bug or if they simply lack the capacity to use equipment due to being liquids. Oddly their various animated parts (heads, feet, etc.) that were left behind were Friendly to me.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 12:21:52 pm by ungratefuldead »

zakhad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: May 28, 2016, 02:55:45 pm »

Just had some Undead Water Men show up in a siege and drop all their gear (though they were still quite hostile, until some Giant Alligators shredded them). Not sure if that's a bug or if they simply lack the capacity to use equipment due to being liquids. Oddly their various animated parts (heads, feet, etc.) that were left behind were Friendly to me.

Same happened to me; they drop everything and the friendly bodyparts can occasionally slap nearby targets. Wait until you get a small horde of 10-20 of electric ones, I had to disable *mancers in the end as they effectively stunlocked my 30 man militia to suffocation, They're quite vulnerable to ranged attacks/traps however. I feel that they're just a wee bit unblanced when you start seeing army's of them in the 30-50+ range as it doesn't really matter how skilled your dwarf is he will get stunned almost all the time when they explode , and then proceeds to be slapped to death or until suffocation. I guess I just didn't find them fun, they'd be great if they were part of a small group but not as the core of the army.
LP'er

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: May 28, 2016, 07:45:04 pm »

Just checked 1.03 and noticed an oddity; Jotuns appear in the Mods tab as a civilization, in addition to being an Invader race.  Do you need one to have the other?  Otherwise, what's the difference?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #859 on: May 28, 2016, 09:38:49 pm »

Just checked 1.03 and noticed an oddity; Jotuns appear in the Mods tab as a civilization, in addition to being an Invader race.  Do you need one to have the other?  Otherwise, what's the difference?
One are the Fortress Defense Jotuns, the others are written by Malecus for his Arctic Additions Mod. Different race, different creatures, same name.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

steelyeyed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: May 29, 2016, 03:51:30 am »

Thanks for the quick reply.
After I reinstalled and deleted all old content, it does not crash on starting.  However, I am having some difficulty with the launcher.  Regardless of what settings I use when starting, I always end up with 1274 points to spend on embark.  I have changed this amount in the launcher, on both the init and world gen tabs to several different amounts, with number of dwarves starting from 7 to 15.  While I get the number of dwarves I specify, the embark points always stay at 1274.  Is there something else I need to adjust? 

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #861 on: May 29, 2016, 05:23:31 am »

Seems in the newer dfhack the script for points does not work anymore...

You can set them in the adv-worldgen, up till 10000 points, that will work. Btw, the world-gen tab only edits the adv-worldgen templates, if you are using the normal worldgen, nothing happens. It will always be default.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: May 29, 2016, 10:25:34 am »

Oh, the Civ one used to be Frost Giants.  Got a couple bug and feedback items;

-When generating a new world, then immediately going to play it for the first time, the game crashes.  Playing the world afterwards has no problems.  Cleaning up all of my C++ & .NET stuff appears to have fixed this.
-The GUI always produces a .NET Framework error when launching.  Attempting to close the GUI produces the same error message, and can only be done through a force-quit in Processes.

-The Tunneling Tarantula costs 400 points.  I get that its' a valuable pet what with the safe and easy silk production, but still.

-The sheer volume of tame animals available at embark is kindof ridiculous.  I love the variety when I'm actually playing, examining all of the critters which wander into my site.  However, embark has so many choices that I don't feel worth reading them, opting instead to pick the ones I know.  This is even more prevalent once you start to realize that a good many of the new critters are simply colorful versions of the standard horse, ox, chicken, etc., with no discernible benefit.  I would go so far as to say you could remove half of them from embark, and still have too many choices.

Edit: One more bug.  If you create your own World Gen that has a parameter of 4 digits, it displays as zero in the GUI.  i.e. [SEMIMEGABEAST_CAP:1000] is 0 in the GUI, but still correct ingame.

Edit: Ok one more bug.  I turned off Pet Rocks in the GUI, and have this at embark;   Additionally, 'Pets' are an item in the big supplies list, separate from the animals list.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 12:13:12 pm by Immortal-D »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: May 29, 2016, 04:08:32 pm »

Seems in the newer dfhack the script for points does not work anymore...

Can't see why that would be the case.

Needs More Pickles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: May 29, 2016, 08:50:19 pm »

You may want to check the version of Legends Viewer that's included. With the included version I kept having a crash when trying to load the legends of any world that wasn't generated all the way to the end year. I ended up building it from https://github.com/Kromtec/Legends-Viewer and now it works fine.

13thEssence

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hi,

Not sure if this is where to post this. The Everything Kobold thread was for the old version and no activity there for the better part of a year.

I just started my first ever kobold camp/fort in DF2016 MWv1.02.  Three problems which don't seem to have been addressed in v1.03 update notes:

1.  I embarked with 50 female jack rats and 5 males (and about 50 chopped meat).  I set DFHack autobutcher to "30 30 50 5 RAT_KOBOLD".  I got my 'bolds to butcher some of the rats and made some crunchy pastries. Some rats chased some random animal-men wandering about and they got slightly injured, maybe a couple got killed.  I walled in my camp and penned my rats. All good.  But I'm approaching winter now, and not a single rat bred any rat-lings.  I have 5 adult males still, and about 25 adult females.  They're not breeding like rats, rabbits, or cats - they're not breeding at all it seems.  And my kobolds are starving (one already died in mid-autumn year 1).  Do rats need nest boxes or something?

2. Juice bar doesn't seem to be implemented in new MW version.  Fine, no worries.  Must be in brewery? Nope, can't make juice or tea there (wont accept fruit like apples or anything from farms or bushes).  Not in kitchen, not in farmer's workshop. Ahhh the screw press!  Nope... can't make juice there.  Fine, water it is.  I made a Water source/fishing zone at the river (walled in, access through underground tunnel (I cheated and gave them a hand-pick in DFHack because I'm kobold newb and river was across the map). I also dug a well (not the building, just hole in ground) over aquifer much closer to the cave (not cavern, cave) part of my encampment. Put a water source zone there too.  Kobolds drink from both zones. At least they did. Some where drinking from the river outside the walled in area (they travelled far out to get there, closer to go to either of the actual water source zones).  I went to options/zones/ and changed prefer-drink-zones to enforce-drink-zones (or whatever it's called).  Still drinking from river outside zone.  And several kobolds are thirsty.  One has died of thirst (DFHack deathcase).  It died where it had full access to drink zones, no burrow issues or blocked paths.

3.  Giant bark scorpions don't seem to breed or lay eggs. I added egg laying tokens to them in the raw for the save, but I'm an "intermediate newb" at playing with raws and not sure I did it right.  Not long after reloading the save a scorpion "gave birth to" a scorpion... They were penned in a zone with nest boxes, but I can't confirm that eggs were laid.  If they did lay eggs, shouldn't the announcement be "giant bark scorpion kids have hatched" or something like that?

Here are my changes to the base bark scorpion and giant variation in creature_bug_slug_new.txt
Search "13thEssence" for my changes

Thanks for taking a look.  Please move the post if it needs to go somewhere else.

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: May 30, 2016, 05:17:33 am »

Seems in the newer dfhack the script for points does not work anymore... (clip)

Can't see why that would be the case.

Some of the latest DFHack plugins and scripts need to be updated but STARTDWARF and POINTS still work as always. 
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #867 on: May 30, 2016, 06:29:08 am »

Oh, the Civ one used to be Frost Giants.  Got a couple bug and feedback items;

-When generating a new world, then immediately going to play it for the first time, the game crashes.  Playing the world afterwards has no problems.  Cleaning up all of my C++ & .NET stuff appears to have fixed this.
-The GUI always produces a .NET Framework error when launching.  Attempting to close the GUI produces the same error message, and can only be done through a force-quit in Processes.

-The Tunneling Tarantula costs 400 points.  I get that its' a valuable pet what with the safe and easy silk production, but still.

-The sheer volume of tame animals available at embark is kindof ridiculous.  I love the variety when I'm actually playing, examining all of the critters which wander into my site.  However, embark has so many choices that I don't feel worth reading them, opting instead to pick the ones I know.  This is even more prevalent once you start to realize that a good many of the new critters are simply colorful versions of the standard horse, ox, chicken, etc., with no discernible benefit.  I would go so far as to say you could remove half of them from embark, and still have too many choices.

Edit: One more bug.  If you create your own World Gen that has a parameter of 4 digits, it displays as zero in the GUI.  i.e. [SEMIMEGABEAST_CAP:1000] is 0 in the GUI, but still correct ingame.

Edit: Ok one more bug.  I turned off Pet Rocks in the GUI, and have this at embark;   Additionally, 'Pets' are an item in the big supplies list, separate from the animals list.
Update NET Framework, you should get no issues with the GUI.

tunnel tarantula - 400points is intended. its from kazoos silk eggs, not my mod.

List of animals is not that long, but you are right that they have two entries for each use. One are the vanilla DF versions of domestic pets, the other the DDD (deeper dwarven domestication) version of pets, which are more dwarvish. I would disable the vanilla pets and give them only to humans, but people get upset when original content goes missing. you can disable the DDD pets in the mods tab.

I'll update the GUI to allow 4 figures.

I left one type of pet rock in the embark section as a teaser for TESB. Thats on purpose.

You may want to check the version of Legends Viewer that's included. With the included version I kept having a crash when trying to load the legends of any world that wasn't generated all the way to the end year. I ended up building it from https://github.com/Kromtec/Legends-Viewer and now it works fine.
thank you :)

Hi,

Not sure if this is where to post this. The Everything Kobold thread was for the old version and no activity there for the better part of a year.

I just started my first ever kobold camp/fort in DF2016 MWv1.02.  Three problems which don't seem to have been addressed in v1.03 update notes:

1.  I embarked with 50 female jack rats and 5 males (and about 50 chopped meat).  I set DFHack autobutcher to "30 30 50 5 RAT_KOBOLD".  I got my 'bolds to butcher some of the rats and made some crunchy pastries. Some rats chased some random animal-men wandering about and they got slightly injured, maybe a couple got killed.  I walled in my camp and penned my rats. All good.  But I'm approaching winter now, and not a single rat bred any rat-lings.  I have 5 adult males still, and about 25 adult females.  They're not breeding like rats, rabbits, or cats - they're not breeding at all it seems.  And my kobolds are starving (one already died in mid-autumn year 1).  Do rats need nest boxes or something?

2. Juice bar doesn't seem to be implemented in new MW version.  Fine, no worries.  Must be in brewery? Nope, can't make juice or tea there (wont accept fruit like apples or anything from farms or bushes).  Not in kitchen, not in farmer's workshop. Ahhh the screw press!  Nope... can't make juice there.  Fine, water it is.  I made a Water source/fishing zone at the river (walled in, access through underground tunnel (I cheated and gave them a hand-pick in DFHack because I'm kobold newb and river was across the map). I also dug a well (not the building, just hole in ground) over aquifer much closer to the cave (not cavern, cave) part of my encampment. Put a water source zone there too.  Kobolds drink from both zones. At least they did. Some where drinking from the river outside the walled in area (they travelled far out to get there, closer to go to either of the actual water source zones).  I went to options/zones/ and changed prefer-drink-zones to enforce-drink-zones (or whatever it's called).  Still drinking from river outside zone.  And several kobolds are thirsty.  One has died of thirst (DFHack deathcase).  It died where it had full access to drink zones, no burrow issues or blocked paths.

3.  Giant bark scorpions don't seem to breed or lay eggs. I added egg laying tokens to them in the raw for the save, but I'm an "intermediate newb" at playing with raws and not sure I did it right.  Not long after reloading the save a scorpion "gave birth to" a scorpion... They were penned in a zone with nest boxes, but I can't confirm that eggs were laid.  If they did lay eggs, shouldn't the announcement be "giant bark scorpion kids have hatched" or something like that?

Here are my changes to the base bark scorpion and giant variation in creature_bug_slug_new.txt
Search "13thEssence" for my changes

Thanks for taking a look.  Please move the post if it needs to go somewhere else.
jack rats take as long as any other animal to give birth, roughly a year. just wait.

no idea about your pathing/drinking issue, but I will add juice bar etc to the kobolds in a future update. Till then, please check the quickguide.png in the main folder for all available buildings they have.

bark scorpions should give life birth. RL scorpions do that too. :)

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: May 30, 2016, 08:27:15 am »

My .NET Framework is 4.6.1, still getting that error.  As to the embark animals, this is what I'm talking about in terms of excess;

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #869 on: May 30, 2016, 09:23:43 am »

You enabled the random pets.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 166