Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 909724 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (42.06) - DF2016 - Newest version!
« Reply #990 on: June 16, 2016, 03:56:09 am »

I'm still trying to figure out how to get rid of migrants in the new version. Setting the population cap to 0 would obviously do it, but that is a setting that carries over to other races.

AFAIK migrants are still an event... at least, I've gotten force migrants to work in 0.40. If so, I may be able to prevent all migrants.

Code: [Select]
local function removeMigrantWaves()
    local indexesToErase={}
    for k,v in ipairs(df.global.timed_events) do
        if v.type==df.timed_event_type['Migrants'] then
            table.insert(indexesToErase,k)
        end
    end
    for i=#indexesToErase,1,-1 do
        df.global.timed_events:erase(indexesToErase[i])
    end
end

require('repeat-util').scheduleEvery('remove migrant waves',1,'ticks',removeMigrantWaves)

With that, to be exact. See what happens.
Thanks.I'll give it a go.

I had a only-male civ in the past which obviously dies out quickly, but newer DF versions do not allow me to spawn those. Worldgen cancels, because "no playable civ" is there...
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

baldamundo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: June 17, 2016, 09:40:56 am »

What are the differences between 2D, 2DSW, 2DASYNC, standard, ACCUM_BUFFER, FRAME_BUFFER and VBO print modes?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #992 on: June 17, 2016, 09:53:42 am »

2D: Use 2D graphics (SDL) for everything. This works everywhere; SDL deals with any double-buffering that needs to be dealt with. Kinda slow, though. Otherwise works basically like partial:0.

STANDARD: Actually, rendering the entire screen every frame isn't that slow, if you do it via OpenGL and have reasonable code. That's what this mode does.

PARTIAL: On some setups, just rendering the tiles that changed worked. Partial does just that; PARTIAL:2 renders each changed tile three times, in consecutive frames, to cover triple-buffering. Unfortunately many newer GPUs discard and overwrite the frame-buffer between frames, and then this doesn't work.

ACCUM_BUFFER: Uses the ancient glAccum call to save and restore the contents of the window between frames, working around the driver's discarding its contents. Usually the slowest mode of all, but some people have had good results. Presumably the others are even slower for them.

FRAME_BUFFER: Basically the same thing, but using newer GL frame-buffer extensions to render to a texture instead, and blitting that texture to screen once a frame. It saves at least one copy vs. accum-buffer.

Both frame-buffer and accum-buffer use partial:0 under the covers, they just wrap that method appropriately in order to avoid flickering.

VBO: A variant of STANDARD that uses vertex buffer objects to explicitly tell the GPU what data doesn't change between frames, namely the location of the various tiles. This marginally improves performance vs. standard, if it works, which it should.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

dirkdragonslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder, Proficient Failure
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: June 18, 2016, 12:32:31 pm »

Will we get crops like Wood Stalks back? I just had a Kobold embark in an abandoned Dwarven fortress, but it lacks trees and access to the caverns, forcing me to cross my fingers that my civ isn't dead and might bring charcoal. wouldn't bother me as much if I didn't need glass daggers to deal with all these Naga who also moved in.
"Games come and go, and we all get tired of some games after time, but Dwarf Fortress seems to grab me by the leg every couple months and drags me back with it's bloody, ASCII claw. I think this game has given me Stockholm syndrome, but I love it so, and it's simplistic style yet extremely complex mechanics are like fine art, like a beautifully crafted ☼Cave Spider Silk Sock☼" - Dirk 3/31/2014
TAIL SHOOOOES!

zukar

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: June 19, 2016, 04:57:38 am »

seem to have a weird problem trying to get hermit mode to work, it appears to be killing off the 7 starting dwarfs but isnt spawning the hermit, so I get the "your settlement has crumbled" message once all ur civs are dead. tried genning a new world and selecting a few different races for the hermit (goblins, dwarfs + a few animal men) but the end result is always the same.

edit: okay so i might have found the problem, tried extracting the whole thing again to see if there was something that failed, and at 98% it asks for admin permission to move a file "dwarfmockup.exe" however despite having admin permission and clicking on continue it doesnt seem to want to move the file. With the only other choice being to cancle the thing and miss out on the remaining 2%. any idea to get around this?

redownloading seems to have fixed the weird file extraction problem, although it still keeps killing off the 7 dwarfs and not spawning the hermit
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 12:53:06 pm by zukar »

Metaltooth

• Bay Watcher
  • Icon of Sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: June 19, 2016, 02:12:55 pm »

I am having a lot of trouble exporting images with the newest version of masterwork, I have gotten it to work a few times but it seems to be by pure luck

I ussually have the world I want, ask it to export image and the files are broken and the world picture has no data in it, it renders trying to see the world's history or even just see the world with or without the legends viewer impossible
or

If i attempt to open an XML that actually did export itll give me the error that it is corrupt, after the program says its fixed it I will get an unhandled exception that says the file is being used by another process

If I open it in Legends Browser itll say "XML document structures must start and end within the same entity.... "

Here's a screenshot of the DF hack error I get when I export legends info
 http://puu.sh/pzlzk/4bbc886eb5.png
it appears that it is only the legends plus file that is corrupt
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 09:33:31 am by Metaltooth »
o̗͕̘̯͈̺r̬e̶̻̗̲̹m͎̘̹͓̦̼̟͝o͕̮̦R͇̥̻̭͟ ̕ņ̗h̪̰̱o̢J͚̬̲ ̧͍̫̜̲͔̺é̤̩̫m̗͍̘̟͖͠ l͇̫̪͖͓̰͝l̕i̮k̻͈̺̱̗ ͙̱̠̥̳̱̘t҉̪s̢͈u͙͉̘̮͘m̳̜̞̳̞̝ ̴͖̠̖̤͕̱u̱̬͚̗͍͞o̢y̴ ̶͚̝̳͇̞e̢̠m̥̤̳̙̣̙̭͢a͚̳̞͉̭g ̛͙e̤̫͉̜͉͘h̗̘̱̤͚͘t̜̺͕ ̴͙͍͉̮̯ņ̘͉̼͓̲ͅi̜̻̰̫̘̠͕w̧̲̘ ̧͔̯o̱̳̘T̗͖

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: June 19, 2016, 02:37:32 pm »

Will we get crops like Wood Stalks back? I just had a Kobold embark in an abandoned Dwarven fortress, but it lacks trees and access to the caverns, forcing me to cross my fingers that my civ isn't dead and might bring charcoal. wouldn't bother me as much if I didn't need glass daggers to deal with all these Naga who also moved in.

Yeah, this can be a challenge, but What I reccomend is setting up crops to make into booze, (and if you're lucky, oil), and use the Booze burner. Or an Alternative, is once you have enough Kobolds and set up a clothing industry for them, Make a special Stockpile that only takes old, damaged Clothes, and link the Crematory to it. You can burn clothes to ash with a chance of getting some fuel. Its amazing for the Glass industry and making Clear Glass for a bunch of decent value items. Last month I made a Kobold fort where Every bold had a room with a Clear Glass Table, chair, and clear glass window.

Metaltooth

• Bay Watcher
  • Icon of Sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: June 19, 2016, 03:36:17 pm »

tried adventure mode, it got to day 9 on updating world then froze and computer told me to quit, strangely it will only do this when loading adventure mode, fortress mode works fine

I switched to a more powerful computer and it actually managed to get through the update world process a few times

Adventure mode, Im attempting to cross mountains and experiencing very frequent lock ups that force me to end the game's process and run it again from the launcher
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 07:04:38 pm by Metaltooth »
o̗͕̘̯͈̺r̬e̶̻̗̲̹m͎̘̹͓̦̼̟͝o͕̮̦R͇̥̻̭͟ ̕ņ̗h̪̰̱o̢J͚̬̲ ̧͍̫̜̲͔̺é̤̩̫m̗͍̘̟͖͠ l͇̫̪͖͓̰͝l̕i̮k̻͈̺̱̗ ͙̱̠̥̳̱̘t҉̪s̢͈u͙͉̘̮͘m̳̜̞̳̞̝ ̴͖̠̖̤͕̱u̱̬͚̗͍͞o̢y̴ ̶͚̝̳͇̞e̢̠m̥̤̳̙̣̙̭͢a͚̳̞͉̭g ̛͙e̤̫͉̜͉͘h̗̘̱̤͚͘t̜̺͕ ̴͙͍͉̮̯ņ̘͉̼͓̲ͅi̜̻̰̫̘̠͕w̧̲̘ ̧͔̯o̱̳̘T̗͖

dirkdragonslayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: June 19, 2016, 04:01:51 pm »

Yeah, this can be a challenge, but What I reccomend is setting up crops to make into booze, (and if you're lucky, oil), and use the Booze burner. Or an Alternative, is once you have enough Kobolds and set up a clothing industry for them, Make a special Stockpile that only takes old, damaged Clothes, and link the Crematory to it. You can burn clothes to ash with a chance of getting some fuel. Its amazing for the Glass industry and making Clear Glass for a bunch of decent value items. Last month I made a Kobold fort where Every bold had a room with a Clear Glass Table, chair, and clear glass window.
Thanks, I never considered that. On the note of scavenging fortresses, I cannot seem to claim the weapons. I hit d+b+c to claim them, but I cannot assign the weapons to the Kobolds. I understand most of the weapons are too big, but I am pretty sure I should be able to assign a iron shortsword to someone.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 04:06:37 pm by dirkdragonslayer »
"Games come and go, and we all get tired of some games after time, but Dwarf Fortress seems to grab me by the leg every couple months and drags me back with it's bloody, ASCII claw. I think this game has given me Stockholm syndrome, but I love it so, and it's simplistic style yet extremely complex mechanics are like fine art, like a beautifully crafted ☼Cave Spider Silk Sock☼" - Dirk 3/31/2014
TAIL SHOOOOES!

dirkdragonslayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: June 20, 2016, 05:08:54 pm »

Thanks, I never considered that. On the note of scavenging fortresses, I cannot seem to claim the weapons. I hit d+b+c to claim them, but I cannot assign the weapons to the Kobolds. I understand most of the weapons are too big, but I am pretty sure I should be able to assign a iron shortsword to someone.
Found out it's because the people actually need to pick them up and move them to a stockpile before they are actually mine.
TAIL SHOOOOES!

dirkdragonslayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: June 20, 2016, 06:10:45 pm »

Reactions to make Bookshelves are missing in the newest version, and I would assume other reactions involving bookmaking.
TAIL SHOOOOES!

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: June 21, 2016, 01:12:19 pm »

Uuum It could just be me but has anyone gotten a trojan from a the Dwarf Mockup utility? usually i would not have expected it but its been popping up on my Windows Defender for about 2 days now and i am starting to get worried since trying to remove it doesnt make it stop nor is it removed since I had three instances of it running at once and my pc is slowing down super hard :(
Just found this in the newest update version thread. I thought I'd make sure you see it. Remove the virus, please.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1002 on: June 21, 2016, 01:31:42 pm »

Uuum It could just be me but has anyone gotten a trojan from a the Dwarf Mockup utility? usually i would not have expected it but its been popping up on my Windows Defender for about 2 days now and i am starting to get worried since trying to remove it doesnt make it stop nor is it removed since I had three instances of it running at once and my pc is slowing down super hard :(
Just found this in the newest update version thread. I thought I'd make sure you see it. Remove the virus, please.
More likely you got infected via some other vector and it replaced a file. I have no virus in my download of the same version.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: June 21, 2016, 01:35:10 pm »

I myself wasn't infected, just wanted to make sure meph saw it. So it the 43.04 version doesn't have a Trojan horse? YAY!
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1004 on: June 21, 2016, 01:44:39 pm »

I myself wasn't infected, just wanted to make sure meph saw it. So it the 43.04 version doesn't have a Trojan horse? YAY!
Not as far as my virus scanning software can tell.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 166