Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 909720 times)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (42.06) - DF2016 - Newest version! - Updated 29th June
« Reply #1050 on: June 30, 2016, 10:08:19 pm »

set it non-economic?

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: July 01, 2016, 01:45:59 am »

okay figured out how the thread works, where could i find a .zip download?
hang on, fixed up some stuff.
masterwork, here i come!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 02:41:25 am by Imic »
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #1052 on: July 01, 2016, 04:56:31 am »

I am currently in an embark with tons of cobaltite, however I am unable to use any of it. I am aware that it cannot be smelted, but numerous searches show it as usable for walls, floors and furniture. When I try to make cobaltite blocks in a masonry, I get the message that production is suspended because no cobaltite is available even though i have over 170 in stock and have given a stockpile the command to give to the mason explicitly. I even went ahead and checked the raws and made sure cobaltite is marked as [IS_STONE] and has all the elements that Gneiss has for example. I also went as far as moving the cobaltite entry from the 'inorganic_stone_mineral' to the 'inorganic_stone_layer' raw, which changed the icon into a regular stone icon, but otherwise did not change anything. What am I missing?

I think cobaltite is economic stone. To fix, open up stocks menu with z , navigate to stone tab, cobaltite will be in one of the lists, make sure it is green (enter toggles)
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

SimonTheSorcerer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
    • Simon's Blogs
« Reply #1053 on: July 01, 2016, 05:14:24 am »

Thank you for resurrecting Masterwork DF (the best mod for DF, I never play without it). I've been playing DF for 5+ years now, good to see Masterwork is getting updates again (I just noticed this), it made me excited about DF again. Can't wait till the downloading finishes. Thank you! (btw. I recommend evil ice embarks with aquifer and cave, losing is FUN after all  ;))

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: July 01, 2016, 05:22:34 am »

I think cobaltite is economic stone.

As an aside, Masterwork includes changes that make all stones economic. However, the game will default any stone that doesn't exist as a layer to non-economic so you're not accidentally using things like hematite ore for blocks or walls. (I may have the labels of economic and non-economic backward.)

I am currently in an embark with tons of cobaltite, however I am unable to use any of it. I am aware that it cannot be smelted, but numerous searches show it as usable for walls, floors and furniture. When I try to make cobaltite blocks in a masonry, I get the message that production is suspended because no cobaltite is available even though i have over 170 in stock and have given a stockpile the command to give to the mason explicitly. I even went ahead and checked the raws and made sure cobaltite is marked as [IS_STONE] and has all the elements that Gneiss has for example. I also went as far as moving the cobaltite entry from the 'inorganic_stone_mineral' to the 'inorganic_stone_layer' raw, which changed the icon into a regular stone icon, but otherwise did not change anything. What am I missing?

Given that cobaltite can't exist as a layer stone (only veins, maybe clusters?), it is always non-economic, so it is likely - as smake mentioned - you'll need to toggle it in the 'Z'-Stones menu.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 05:26:20 am by Niveras »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1055 on: July 01, 2016, 06:22:21 am »

Ehm... build a crucible and "Extract cobalt from cobaltite", making cobalt bars? Who said something of "it cannot be smelted" ? :P
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

ZaPPPa

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: July 01, 2016, 10:56:53 am »

That worked, thanks guys. The message that DF gives is very confusing. I was not aware that restricted stones acted the way they did.

And yes, Meph, you're right.. The threads I read were talking about vanilla DF, not the masterwork you created :)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: July 01, 2016, 11:03:18 am »

okay figured out how the thread works, where could i find a .zip download?
hang on, fixed up some stuff.
masterwork, here i come!

Great, welcome :)

Vigilius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: July 03, 2016, 06:06:43 pm »

Hey great mod. I have a problem with seeds sometimes they are showed twice in the expedition starter sometimes the don´t get carried over to the map. Some seeds just disapear.

DaSwayza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (42.06)
« Reply #1059 on: July 03, 2016, 06:19:59 pm »

I'm getting a lot of crashes, I can barely play an in-game year before the game suddenly quits. anyone else having or has fixed this issue?

Huge Lord

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: July 03, 2016, 06:25:10 pm »

How are the Harder Learning option and the guild experience bonuses supposed to interact? It seems like dwarves that have joined a guild via the guildhall workshop gain skills slower than dwarves who are members of guilds "naturally" but faster than dwarves that are not guild members. I'm not 100% sure if this is the case though as I don't fully understand the experience system and I kind of like the gameplay implications this has with dwarves being more talented at certain skills than others.

How is the experience for a non-combat job determined anyways? For example in vanilla I've noticed making coke out of bituminous coal or lignite giving a lot more Furnace Operator experience than smelting say tetrahedrite to copper.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1061 on: July 03, 2016, 07:34:33 pm »

its determined by the amount of products. making coke makes 6-10 bars of coke, smelting ore makes around 4. thats why they learn faster.

slow learner sets learn rate to 50% as far as I know, guilds should not be affected.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: July 03, 2016, 07:39:13 pm »

its determined by the amount of products. making coke makes 6-10 bars of coke, smelting ore makes around 4. thats why they learn faster.

slow learner sets learn rate to 50% as far as I know, guilds should not be affected.
SLOW_LEARNER also excludes the caste/creature from positions. Unless you mean LEARN_RATES:50%
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ThePerfectLink

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: July 04, 2016, 12:22:45 am »

Any update on that constant crashing issue?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1064 on: July 04, 2016, 02:52:58 am »

Any update on that constant crashing issue?
Yes: As before, turn off The Earth strike back and Multilevel view of TWBT. Thats it, thats all I know. I played several years ingame without a single crash. I had no crashes at worldgen when testing.

All I can do is keep asking people for reports, but all I get is "its crashing", not "I'm playing version X on OS X with these settings, I had a X-hundred year old history, the gamelog says X, the errorlog says X". So in the end the reports are not helpful, because people dont include any infos. (Not everyone does this, but seemingly most).
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 166