Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 906034 times)

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (43.03) - DF2016 - Newest version! - Updated 5th August
« Reply #1230 on: August 25, 2016, 11:43:05 pm »

I wonder if Meph has met any Forgotten beast in the woods. He better have remembered to bring a pickaxe with him.
In the woods would be a Titan.  I just hope he remembered that trees refuse to be felled by wooden training axes nowadays.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1231 on: August 26, 2016, 01:47:37 pm »

I wonder if Meph has met any Forgotten beast in the woods. He better have remembered to bring a pickaxe with him.
In the woods would be a Titan.  I just hope he remembered that trees refuse to be felled by wooden training axes nowadays.
I'm alive and well. Summited Mont Blanc two days ago, after an unsupported solo tour of 6 days on the mountain. I'm now in Geneva, heading to the Eurobike Convention in Germany soon. After that its only 500km cycling and I'm back and return with regular Df updates. ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Urist Reborn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: August 26, 2016, 06:01:56 pm »

I'm alive and well. Summited Mont Blanc two days ago, after an unsupported solo tour of 6 days on the mountain. I'm now in Geneva, heading to the Eurobike Convention in Germany soon. After that its only 500km cycling and I'm back and return with regular Df updates. ;)
Glad to hear your trip is going well! Sorta odd question, but do the things you see during your worldwide excursions have any impact on how you think about your mod development, and goals?

Crab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: August 27, 2016, 07:35:18 am »

How much of Masterwork was made simply by adding new raws, and how much using scripts? What are scripts in a DF context, and how would one learn to make them?

Lordsservent-san

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: August 27, 2016, 10:13:05 am »

How much of Masterwork was made simply by adding new raws, and how much using scripts? What are scripts in a DF context, and how would one learn to make them?
The scripts are lua files that you add that are then interpreted by DF back to allow you to do all sorts of things in the game thatvwouldn't be possible in normal DF. All you need to do to make one of these scripts is learn how to write lua scripts and experiment to see what works and what doesn't.

For your first question, I don't know, and I think someone else would be better able to answer that then me.

Yinseng

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: August 28, 2016, 01:33:27 pm »

Hello Meph, someone just turned me on to your fantastic modpack.

I would be more than happy to support your Patreon but I am rather concerned since it says this is updated every Friday but it hasn't updated since the 5th. Will you be updating this Friday?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1236 on: August 28, 2016, 01:38:07 pm »

Hello Meph, someone just turned me on to your fantastic modpack.

I would be more than happy to support your Patreon but I am rather concerned since it says this is updated every Friday but it hasn't updated since the 5th. Will you be updating this Friday?
If you read his message from the 5th you'll see that he was in the mountains with no laptop access since then, and is recently returned.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=125638.msg7136443#msg7136443

Yinseng

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: August 28, 2016, 01:49:31 pm »

Ah, good. Does that mean there will be an update this coming Friday?

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: August 28, 2016, 10:36:17 pm »

How much of Masterwork was made simply by adding new raws, and how much using scripts?

Most of Masterwork is Raw-based, since that's what Meph's good with. Custom races, interactions/"magic", workshops and materials are all done with raws only. Making custom glove reactions work and spawning units/merchants/sieges are the big things DFhack does for Masterwork, although the Gnome and[To a lesser degree] Succubi modes lean on them more.

What are scripts in a DF context, and how would one learn to make them?

In general, they seem to access things in the games files or the exe that are difficult to modify/inspect. DFhack runs Lua scripts, I think. The wiki's got a few articles on DFhack and there are numerous Lua tutorials out there. You'd probably be able to find support on Bay12 proper in the Programming Help thread or the DF modding board.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: August 28, 2016, 10:48:43 pm »

spawning units/merchants/sieges

Can't spawn sieges anymore. However, spawning armies is essentially equivalent. If that's researched well enough, that would be possible. I personally don't have quite the knowledge required to figure out what the hell the army structures are about, though.

I sort of wrote that force script in the first place, but it was basically a minorly modified oneliner by Quietust that I gave some arguments. I fully understand how it works now, so I can maintain it, but updating force siege is outside the scope of the force script (though not outside the scope of DFHack or even my personal scope of what-I-want-to-do).

What are scripts in a DF context, and how would one learn to make them?

In general, they seem to access things in the games files or the exe that are difficult to modify/inspect. DFhack runs Lua scripts, I think. The wiki's got a few articles on DFhack and there are numerous Lua tutorials out there. You'd probably be able to find support on Bay12 proper in the Programming Help thread or the DF modding board.

DFHack has docs for the Lua API and XML files detailing all the structures that DFHack (and thus its Lua bindings) can access. The DFHack thread under utilities and 3rd party applications is probably the best place to get help for DFHack-specific help (I.E. stuff regarding dwarf fortress structures and interacting with Dwarf Fortress)--the programming thread in the lower boards is the best place to get started around here, though I would personally just, like, go everywhere if you really want to get into it.

It's not really the .exe that's modified, btw--it's the memory at runtime, like Cheat Engine. DFHack can also run compiled C++ plugins and Ruby scripts.

NukeACitrus

• Bay Watcher
  • I stream DF. People watch it. I'm happy.
    • View Profile
    • I'm streaming DF every now and then
« Reply #1240 on: August 29, 2016, 08:00:30 pm »

Summited Mont Blanc two days ago, after an unsupported solo tour of 6 days on the mountain. I'm now in Geneva, heading to the Eurobike Convention in Germany soon. After that its only 500km cycling and I'm back and return with regular Df updates. ;)

This is partly why masterwork is such an awesome mod, meph is performing legendary deeds all by himself, IRL. Awesome work, both with the mod and your journeys!
"I managed to escape but my limbs are chopped off. Now what?" - DF wiki.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1241 on: August 30, 2016, 06:49:12 pm »

Summited Mont Blanc two days ago, after an unsupported solo tour of 6 days on the mountain. I'm now in Geneva, heading to the Eurobike Convention in Germany soon. After that its only 500km cycling and I'm back and return with regular Df updates. ;)

This is partly why masterwork is such an awesome mod, meph is performing legendary deeds all by himself, IRL. Awesome work, both with the mod and your journeys!
While I thank you for the kind words, I have to say that I might be more productive with modding if my RL would be a bit less... exciting. ;)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: September 03, 2016, 12:07:46 pm »

Someone asked me if the latest version of Fortress Defense will be added to Masterwork. Do you see that in the cards soon?
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1243 on: September 05, 2016, 11:38:25 am »

Darkflagrance: Sure. I check on your mod now and then and port small changes myself. anything specially exciting that should be added, anything brand new?

To all: Today was the last day of cycling, I'm in Bavaria visiting my mom now, I might squeeze out an update for this friday, maybe. I will definetly start doing proper updates from next friday on. I summited Germanies highest mountain yesterday and will be back home properly in a couple of days.

Edit: Scratch that, I can manage a proper update this friday.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 01:12:57 pm by Meph »

Urist Tilaturist

• Bay Watcher
  • The most dwarven name possible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: September 05, 2016, 03:42:39 pm »

Is this compatible with 43.05?
On the item is an image of a dwarf and an elephant. The elephant is striking down the dwarf.

For old times' sake.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 166