Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 909703 times)

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (43.03) - DF2016 - Newest version! - Updated 16th September
« Reply #1305 on: September 21, 2016, 04:34:31 am »

Also scratching my head over pop limits.  I went extremely low this time because last time I was seeing huge migrant waves early on blasting past the cap.  And my fort value and exports were low.  Probably a vanilla thing.  So now I have seen NO migrants (set cap at 20 :p).  Still at 7 a year in.  I had planned a small game anyway, so not a big issue, but does have me wondering how the pop cap thing works these days.

The pop cap settings are basically binary. The game checks if you're below the cap, and if you are, it may trigger a migrant wave. But this wave does not respect the gap between your current population and the pop cap setting; instead, the size of the wave is based on other factors (like exported wealth and 'risk' i.e. deaths in your fort). If you're not getting migrants at all, you may just need to wait a few more seasons, or export some more wealth - assuming it's a case that your civ still lives, which I presume is true. (If you're only a year in, that would only mean two 'missed' waves, no?)

Actually, now that I think of it, aren't the first two migrant waves supposed to be guaranteed?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1306 on: September 21, 2016, 06:26:38 am »

Controlled cave-ins are fun to watch and useful (magma elevators and such) but for just keeping out magma entities, drawbridges and doors seem like unnecessary labor when a simple magma-safe grate anywhere 'upstream' is an easy preventative.  Pre-edit anticipation of argument: FORCED flow through a grate can carry a creature past but unless one taps into the lower level of a pipe, does that ever actually happen?  Or, if the magma workstation is being built directly on top of a discovered magma source ... don't do that.   :)
I use a pair of iron grates or vertical iron bars and have never had problems with Magma creatures
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 10:20:35 am by forsaken1111 »

vonsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: September 21, 2016, 08:23:51 am »

Also scratching my head over pop limits.  I went extremely low this time because last time I was seeing huge migrant waves early on blasting past the cap.  And my fort value and exports were low.  Probably a vanilla thing.  So now I have seen NO migrants (set cap at 20 :p).  Still at 7 a year in.  I had planned a small game anyway, so not a big issue, but does have me wondering how the pop cap thing works these days.

The pop cap settings are basically binary. The game checks if you're below the cap, and if you are, it may trigger a migrant wave. But this wave does not respect the gap between your current population and the pop cap setting; instead, the size of the wave is based on other factors (like exported wealth and 'risk' i.e. deaths in your fort). If you're not getting migrants at all, you may just need to wait a few more seasons, or export some more wealth - assuming it's a case that your civ still lives, which I presume is true. (If you're only a year in, that would only mean two 'missed' waves, no?)

Actually, now that I think of it, aren't the first two migrant waves supposed to be guaranteed?

Yeah, knew that was the way it worked in legacy aside from the cap npt capping very well.  There used to be a dfhack script to make them stop a bit sooner.  Forced a check immediately rather than when trader arrived or something.

I did get a small wave in my current game at the one year mark.  This fort is a long way from other dwarves, maybe that factors in.  Also didn't see a trader until the one year mark.  Started in summer and dwarf trader is set to fall.  Came the following fall, not the first one.  That fit the scenario though. Or maybe it's just very random.

I think it was two missed waves.  Not even a 'no immigrants this season" message.  Got one of those the season after the wave I did get.  Maybe the biome and evilness factor in too.  I am on the edge of an evil one, with a human blood rain.  Usually don't play in evil areas.

Thanks for replying.

steelyeyed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: September 22, 2016, 06:45:30 am »

Still having problems.  It works fine on default settings.   But when I increase dwarves, embark points, or size of embark the game goes through its usual workings, allowing me to pick location and equip, but when I embark it runs for a bit then crashes to desktop.   Recently I went with the following settings:Initial settings default except for Window: Yes   Size 10:10   Points  3,000  Group Size 10
Settings: Standardization on, all others off
Mods:  Deeper on, More leather on, Wanderers on, Silk egg on     Mythical Monsters Mod: Hungry Ghosts off    Arctic Additions Mod: Jotum Civ off    All others off
World Gen:   Number of Civs: 15     Embark Points 3000   End Year 65      Pop cap 15000   Mineral Scarcity 100

Hack give me error messages consisting of
Loading script at PyLNP_dfhack_onload.init
Error loading script
....... \MASTERWORK @\Dwarf Fortress\hack\lua\util.lua:607: error parsing arg 33:]
then several lines under a stack traceback: [C]: in function 'error'
After the succubus insertions are made, I get a couple of
pols/reaction-trigger is not a recognized command.

I've tried turning off TWBT, changing tilesets.
When I put in an End Year greater than 65 the program continues to run after the end date.  i.e.  End Year 150,  keeps running 200+
When I put in Civilizations more than 15, it continues to generate maps and rejecting.
Suggestions?

vonsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: September 22, 2016, 08:31:14 am »

Still having problems.  It works fine on default settings.   But when I increase dwarves, embark points, or size of embark the game goes through its usual workings, allowing me to pick location and equip, but when I embark it runs for a bit then crashes to desktop.   Recently I went with the following settings:Initial settings default except for Window: Yes   Size 10:10   Points  3,000  Group Size 10
Settings: Standardization on, all others off
Mods:  Deeper on, More leather on, Wanderers on, Silk egg on     Mythical Monsters Mod: Hungry Ghosts off    Arctic Additions Mod: Jotum Civ off    All others off
World Gen:   Number of Civs: 15     Embark Points 3000   End Year 65      Pop cap 15000   Mineral Scarcity 100

Hack give me error messages consisting of
Loading script at PyLNP_dfhack_onload.init
Error loading script
....... \MASTERWORK @\Dwarf Fortress\hack\lua\util.lua:607: error parsing arg 33:]
then several lines under a stack traceback: [C]: in function 'error'
After the succubus insertions are made, I get a couple of
pols/reaction-trigger is not a recognized command.

I've tried turning off TWBT, changing tilesets.
When I put in an End Year greater than 65 the program continues to run after the end date.  i.e.  End Year 150,  keeps running 200+
When I put in Civilizations more than 15, it continues to generate maps and rejecting.
Suggestions?
10x10 is ginormous.  I generally do 3x3 and occasionally 5x5.  With 10x10 you will probably have serious lag pretty fast.  Assuming that's not the cause of the crash itself.

steelyeyed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: September 22, 2016, 08:55:28 am »

tried different sizes... seems anything beyond the default will crash.  will keep playing around with settings.

Denniz

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: September 22, 2016, 01:39:37 pm »

FYI, Kaspersky says that the version of 7-zip console in Utilities\LegendsExportsProcessor-4.1 is an older version with some vulnerabilities. 7-Zip version 16.02 had a bunch of fixes in May. You might want to update the utility just to be safe.

nuker22110

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: September 23, 2016, 06:47:09 am »

why does the spacefox graphics in masterwork look so different from vanilla spacefox graphics from LNP?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

also i disabled aquifers in the masterwork gui, but they are still showing up in embark tiles
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 07:21:34 am by nuker22110 »

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: September 23, 2016, 07:39:39 am »

For the Aquifiers, did you generate a new world after disabling them?

nuker22110

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: September 23, 2016, 07:46:30 am »

For the Aquifiers, did you generate a new world after disabling them?

generating a new world did the trick. any idea as to why the spacefox tilesets look so different?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1315 on: September 23, 2016, 12:27:36 pm »

I mucked up the graphics folders in the last update, It's fixed in my dev version.

I've been working on creatures today, but there are way more than I thought... the update will be a bit late, I'll release it tomorrow, when I'm done with all of them. Makes no sense to do half of it.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

vonsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: September 23, 2016, 06:23:08 pm »

Speaking of creatures...

In my current game when I try to butcher a trained mandrill I caught and trained, the game crashes.  Three times in a row.  I am pretty sure it's the mandrill.  The last time I watch the butcher shop and as the butcher dragged the mandrill up, crash.

Just tried a trained capuchin and that worked fine.  And have been butchering a variety of other beast.

Checked dead log and have butchered mandrills earlier in this game, but those were dead, not caged and trained. 

More research: it's not mandrills in general.  Had two caged, second butchered fine.  Now to see what's odd about the other.  Maybe something in cage.

Can't see anything unusual.  Will autodump destroy the cage and contents to be rid of it.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 06:37:31 pm by vonsch »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1317 on: September 24, 2016, 12:48:50 am »

Might be that the first mandrill stole something before it was caught, resulting in an entry of "in the year of X, the mandrill X stole X", making it a historical figure. The game somehow dislikes butchering historical figures...
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: September 24, 2016, 06:18:32 am »

Society tends to dislike the butchering of historical figures in a broader sense, despite its unusual propensity to do so.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: September 24, 2016, 06:34:01 am »

Society tends to dislike the butchering of historical figures in a broader sense, despite its unusual propensity to do so.

see: harambe
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 166