Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 905579 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (43.03) - DF2016 - Newest version! - Updated 16th September
« Reply #1320 on: September 24, 2016, 12:19:14 pm »

Society tends to dislike the butchering of historical figures in a broader sense, despite its unusual propensity to do so.

see: harambe
Is that the animal which is only famous for having died?

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (43.03) - DF2016 - Newest version! - Updated 24th September
« Reply #1321 on: September 24, 2016, 12:44:38 pm »

had a fire breathing chimera (all 3 heads, so it randomly shot behind and in front 3 separate blasts) that was cage trapped... tamed it... tried to butcher it... crash... retried... crash... gave up and installed it on a chain where it set fire to a goblin invasion 20 ticks after they started to cross the zone.... goblins ran in 20 different directions... set the entire map on fire... the chimera went wild on the chain... somehow slipped the restraint (think it was a pigtail rope....) chased goblins from one end of the embark to the other..... needless to say since it was a dry savanna, the fires burned for 3 months engulfed the entire map, made outside work impossible.  the chimera recaged himself...  after that I pitted him in a magma pool drop ...  he set fire to all of cavern layer 3 while falling 50 levels down the tube trying to get a blind ogre that was warming by the magma entrance.... smoke filled the cavern and the tube all the way to the pit zone... glad I had locked hatches....  he was still kicking a month later in the magma pool before he finallly succumbed to injury... I think some settings must of had him on steroids before he arrived in Amostubal....

none of that would of happened if they would of let me butcher it in the first place...
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #1322 on: September 24, 2016, 04:28:33 pm »

Society tends to dislike the butchering of historical figures in a broader sense, despite its unusual propensity to do so.

So not different at all from a lot of animals in DF whose only notable accomplishments are settling in some random place and then dying of old age.

IAmTheMadLord

• Bay Watcher
  • I sure do love lunchtime and cutting off thumbs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: September 24, 2016, 05:46:56 pm »

So not different at all from a lot of animals in DF whose only notable accomplishments are settling in some random place and then dying of old age.

To be fair, in dwarf fortress dying of old age IS an accomplishment for most creatures.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #1324 on: September 24, 2016, 06:44:24 pm »

To be fair, in dwarf fortress dying of old age IS an accomplishment for most creatures.
Right, I almost forgot that this is the type of game where if you die quickly and painlessly with most of your body still intact, it's considered "lucky".

Prismaa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: September 26, 2016, 09:29:20 am »

Is orc's fully playable? I tried them and they seem to be missing some stuff, like I couldn't find Boneforge and I was able to make only "bows" didn't find composite bows or greater bows, Fletcher was able to make only batch of arrows.

Evans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: September 26, 2016, 09:55:46 am »

It's still early days.

I don't think it is too difficult to add them back, if reactions are present, just copy desired buildings from other entities.

But yes, reporting that to Meph would be a good idea :)
getlost.lua # How to get rid of tavern guests
function getlost ()
   local unit = dfhack.gui.getSelectedUnit (true)
   unit.flags1.forest = true
end
getlost ()

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1327 on: September 26, 2016, 10:19:59 am »

It's still early days.

I don't think it is too difficult to add them back, if reactions are present, just copy desired buildings from other entities.

But yes, reporting that to Meph would be a good idea :)
Orcs are smakes mod, I updated it together with him, but he decided to remove a few things. The fletcher was among those.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Prismaa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: September 26, 2016, 10:45:38 am »

Hmm I changed TWBT font, but now I can't figure out which one was default font on it, since it was blank.

Rob Allen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: September 26, 2016, 02:42:20 pm »

Masterwork has been exceptionally unstable lately.  I've tried the last 4 versions and each time I get frequent crashing during world gen, even with default settings in the launcher.  On the rare occasion I do get a world to generate, I crash immediately upon embark or when starting a new adventure character.

If I do change the options, I can't restore the default profile.  Nothing happens when I click the option to restore defaults.  I have to completely reinstall to get the defaults back.

It feels like there's something other than Masterwork that's causing the crashing, but since I don't have problems with anything else, I can't imagine what that might be.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1330 on: September 27, 2016, 06:03:54 am »

Rob Allen, I dont experience the crashes at worldgen myself, so I dont know... but that does not sound right, if it crashes all the time, at worldgen, embark and adv-mode. Try turning off TWBT.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

IAmTheMadLord

• Bay Watcher
  • I sure do love lunchtime and cutting off thumbs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: September 27, 2016, 06:52:01 pm »

The only problem I'm having is my computer can't handle some worlds; for example, I crash if I try to load my 1050 year history world. also; I crash on manual save, but am entirely fine on the seasonal auto-save. it's weird, but still entirely playable.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1332 on: September 28, 2016, 04:24:52 am »

In that case, please remember that there is a quicksave option included in Dfhack. ;)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: September 28, 2016, 04:41:53 am »

In that case, please remember that there is a quicksave option included in Dfhack. ;)

Which happens to be literally the seasonal autosave.

fyretooth

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: September 28, 2016, 06:58:27 pm »

I've got WAY more silver than I know what to do with. It's been fun thinking up uses for it.
My most recent idea was to give my career soliders silver clothing to wear under and over their armor. However, for the life of me, I can't figure out how to assign silver clothing to soldiers.

Any ideas? Or should I just not make any cloaks that aren't silver?
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 166