Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 897241 times)

Larzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (43.03) - DF2016 - Newest version! - Updated 9th Dec
« Reply #1710 on: January 17, 2017, 04:37:41 pm »

Am I just massively unlucky or is this release mostly unplayable? It's so hard just trying to generate a world, it can take hours. Then it's nearly impossible to actually get the embark to work. I had to turn off sprites entirely, and even then it crashed two minutes after embarking.
Something is wrong

60+ hours in last 30 days, very few crashes (2?)
created many small region worlds/ 150 years.

Big/long history world creation crashes are common but i see no reason for crash at embark.

Use LAA (utilities tab) on dwarf fortress.exe
Try other print mode

Metaltooth

• Bay Watcher
  • Icon of Sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: January 18, 2017, 04:22:36 pm »

I wonder what the next update will give us?
o̗͕̘̯͈̺r̬e̶̻̗̲̹m͎̘̹͓̦̼̟͝o͕̮̦R͇̥̻̭͟ ̕ņ̗h̪̰̱o̢J͚̬̲ ̧͍̫̜̲͔̺é̤̩̫m̗͍̘̟͖͠ l͇̫̪͖͓̰͝l̕i̮k̻͈̺̱̗ ͙̱̠̥̳̱̘t҉̪s̢͈u͙͉̘̮͘m̳̜̞̳̞̝ ̴͖̠̖̤͕̱u̱̬͚̗͍͞o̢y̴ ̶͚̝̳͇̞e̢̠m̥̤̳̙̣̙̭͢a͚̳̞͉̭g ̛͙e̤̫͉̜͉͘h̗̘̱̤͚͘t̜̺͕ ̴͙͍͉̮̯ņ̘͉̼͓̲ͅi̜̻̰̫̘̠͕w̧̲̘ ̧͔̯o̱̳̘T̗͖

Kars

• Bay Watcher
  • registered flex offender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: January 19, 2017, 10:20:34 am »

are giant elephants supposed to be trapavoid? they aren't in the base game
🇮🇹 dall'italia con amore🇮🇹

NahteKavlozs

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: January 19, 2017, 04:04:32 pm »

Around three out of five times that I use the  quicksave function, or save normally, or save through autosave, the entire thing crashes and I lose all progress. What do I do?

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: January 19, 2017, 05:43:08 pm »

are giant elephants supposed to be trapavoid? they aren't in the base game

there are 2 giant elephant scripts (GIANT_ELEPHANT and ELEPHANT_GIANT).
both are displayed as giant elephant, but they have very different descriptions ("A gigantic monster in elephant form" and "A colossal hairless mammal, found grazing on tree branches in dry regions.  It is known for lifting them from the ground with its trunk.  It is normally docile but fierce when provoked." respectively).
the first one has a frequency set by the options on the animal page.  the latter is either on or off determined if you have masterwork creatures on.
and for your particular question the GIANT_ELEPHANT is not trap avoid, ELEPHANT_GIANT is trap avoid.

Around three out of five times that I use the  quicksave function, or save normally, or save through autosave, the entire thing crashes and I lose all progress. What do I do?

are you using LAA?  that seems to be a decent "temporary" fix for this version of the mod.

Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

NahteKavlozs

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: January 19, 2017, 06:57:16 pm »

are you using LAA?  that seems to be a decent "temporary" fix for this version of the mod.
Yes. It helps extend world gen length, but the saves still crash on the "initializing" step

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: January 19, 2017, 07:40:08 pm »

beyond that... I couldn't tell you... what size of an embark are you selecting, size and age of the world gen you are using, and how powerful is your system... the mod is saving for a lot of other people. so its not the mod directly.  but these 4 things can seriously hamper the ability to save.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 07:41:53 pm by Amostubal »
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Edible beserk! now available in masterwork!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: January 20, 2017, 04:48:38 pm »

I have 2 iron cauldrons, and yet i can't build the smelter that requires them.
What the fuck?
I am currently trying to comprehend what sick, mad, dwarven mind came up with the fortress name "Lancefondled", because it wasn't me.

NahteKavlozs

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: January 20, 2017, 05:06:08 pm »

About the save issue, I am using a 3x3 embark in a 15yr med world. I noticed that in dfhack this log gets spammed and after this, saving crashes the game
https://u.nya.is/fnywas.PNG

Mirrond

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: January 20, 2017, 05:39:26 pm »

I downloaded last version. I launched it. I created a world. It crashed around saving. I tried to launch the world. Crash while loading. I created another world. It crashed around saving. I tried to launch it. Crash while loading.

Is there some feature you are suppose to not use or something? Like that time with this added factions near the beginning of Masterwork Reborn?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 05:50:15 pm by Mirrond »

Fedor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: January 20, 2017, 09:12:13 pm »

Right. The newest version. When I started using it, I had crashes and graphics glitches galore. But now things work - thanks to the friendly posters in this forum.

Masterwork Dwarf Fortress.exe -> Utilities Tab -> LAA. This opens up Large Address Aware to patch ...\Dwarf Fortress\Dwarf Fortress.exe to accept memory addresses above 2 GB. Required for stability. This is a one-time, permanent patch.

Meph, this needs to be in the instructions. Everywhere. Like with blinking arrows, even.

So, you want graphics? Boy, has Meph delivered the goods here! Here are two options that should work immediately.

Masterwork Dwarf Fortress.exe ->MDF tab->Graphics section:

Color: Meph, Print Mode: Text-Will-Be-Text, Font: Masterwork, Tileset: Meph - 32x32. Text Will Be Text (TWBT) Font: Meph.
Color: Dungeon, Print Mode: Text-Will-Be-Text, Font: Masterwork, Tileset: DungeonSet - 24x24. Text Will Be Text (TWBT) Font: Dungeon.

Choosing Print Mode: Text-Will-Be-Text is critical for any tileset that replaces the ASCII numbers and characters, as most modern "pretty" tilesets do.

Fedor Andreev is a citizen of the Federated Endeavor. He is a member of the Wandering Minds.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: January 20, 2017, 10:43:52 pm »

It's worth noting that not all crashes are caused by DF running out of memory. It may be the case more often when using MDF, but it's also possible for DF to crash for other, unrelated reasons. LAA usually isn't required unless you're dealing with large worlds (or tilesets with lots of sprites, apparently).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Mirrond

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: January 21, 2017, 05:52:13 am »

After using LAA, the world created, saved, and launched properly.
I second the idea for using it to be mandatory and in instructions.

Nevermind actually. It still crashes every twenty minutes or so. You can't play it like this. Too bad.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 11:31:54 am by Mirrond »

NahteKavlozs

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: January 21, 2017, 04:51:30 pm »

the error that I am having on save is a c000000005 access violation error, which can be caused by a variety of reasons. This is not an issue with my computer, as I have tried it on multiple windows systems and it still crashes after a certain time. I am trying the fix armory plugin to see if that might be causing it, but I doubt that it is the problem. Note the a C00000000005 error is a C++ exception.

EDIT: I think I may have fixed it
disabling save compression makes it not only save way faster, but also seems to have greatly reduced the amount of crashes.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 05:54:59 pm by NahteKavlozs »

CaptComrade

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: January 22, 2017, 12:49:38 am »

I've got several bugs, possibly/probably related to eachother. First is that the game always crashes when trying to start playing in a world I created, entirely barring me from playing the mod. The second is that when I change the font or tileset in the launcher thing, those changes don't show up in-game. What do? Playing with the latest version of the mod.

Nobody answered me, and I still can't play :/
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 166