Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 897309 times)

DG123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (43.03) - DF2016 - Newest version! - Updated 9th Dec
« Reply #1845 on: March 22, 2017, 05:17:01 pm »

No no, I meant on 1.23

I'm trying out 1.24a now.

I've noticed one odd thing already. What happened to the preset worlds such as garden of gaia? They were there to choose in 1.23 but now only the basic types of region such as "small island, small region" etc are available.

It also completely ignored my "end year" setting in Masterwork world gen settings.
I think both versions did this. It would explain why it crashed during year 402 when I told it to stop by year 400.

This time I told it to stop by year 500 and it's only done about 160 years but at least it seems to have completed world generation.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 05:19:33 pm by DG123 »

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: March 22, 2017, 05:35:00 pm »

the pre world gens aren't in there?  I apologize if they aren't I'll go check them, and make sure they are included in the next release.
yep I forgot to move that file over.  its a delicate process picking and choosing the right files to move over... thats why I'm asking for additional information on any problem right now, to ensure its correct.  I think the next one is almost perfect... one more problem to be solved.  then I'll scan the forums for any additional things needing fixed.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 05:51:40 pm by Amostubal »
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

DG123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: March 22, 2017, 05:54:26 pm »

Well the good news is that other than the weirdly shortened world gen process 1.24a seems to be working nicely so far. Various objects that were previously showing up as ASCII symbols are now nice pictures.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: March 22, 2017, 09:30:04 pm »

Okay status update on the upcoming release, plan 36 hours from now.

It will be called Masterwork 1.24b, it currently contains:
1. create-unit.lua/create-unit-friendly.lua repaired, combined, fully functional.  fixes all the add unit to civ issues in humans and orcs.
2. item-trigger.lua repaired, should no longer be throwing random errors all over the place.
3. on-death.lua repaired.  No longer tosses error every time someone dies.
4. onLoad.init repaired.  errors removed, fixed or commented out.  mostly fixed.
5. dfhack.init repaired. errors removed, fixed or commented out.  mostly fixed.
6. premade world gens replaced. sorry my fault dropped it out by accident.
7. Boulder crabs females now lay eggs and hatch them.  male crabs lay boulders. thanks to HeyDude6. testing complete it functions.
8. end of creature_domestic_DDD.txt repaired.  Mountain tuskox was missing part of their definition.
9. Clay:  Not fully tested will do that tomorrow.
9a. now the layers that could be sieved/cleaned that contain clay are acceptable as clay and can be collected.
9b. dwarves/kobolds have access to sieve reactions that clean all clays, so the clay layers that were unusable for them should be fixed.
9c. fixed a few minor format and custom keys in those clay reactions.  should now have hotkey in dwarves and kobolds for most items.

I've ran orcs, testing their "release captive" commands and verifying they are functional.  Succubus "summons" and "conversion" should be fully functional also, if Boltgun's new script is functioning.  Human "pet purchases" should be functioning correctly(they are written just like the orc releases, so if they fail I'll focus on them after this update). I am going to test the clay reactions inside of Dwarves/Kobolds tomorrow.  I plan for the release Friday morning/noon about 36 hours from now.

Is there any other things that people see as not functioning before I pack this... I'm considering a lot of stuff, but I'm headed to bed now.  give me some ideas on what to focus on next.  I'd like to see at least 1 more thing up there on that list (lets make it a solid 10).  but that list is the error log I've got so far + all the bugs that needed fixing that I remembered from 1.23.  see yah tomorrow.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

redivider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: March 23, 2017, 12:07:50 pm »

idk but id really love golems and runecrafting to work (among other things), basically stuff from 31.25 i think  :'(

Evannex

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: March 23, 2017, 01:20:51 pm »

So I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this.  If not I'll move it elsewhere.

So I downloaded the newest version of masterwork,  made a world  (or 5), and went through the lengthy process of embarking. I embarked as succubi and they refuse to use any tools. They pick them up and complain (therapist)  that they need an appropriate tool. After waiting about 10 minutes with the game running, I tried spawning in various picks and axes using dfhack, they ran and picked them up but still complain that they don't have any tools. The tools are in their inventories and labor's are activated (and committed) so there is no reason why things aren't getting done. It's both infuriating and amusing to watch them all wandering around aimlessly.

They don't appear to be doing any labor's actually,  no plants are gathered. Animals aren't put in my pens, nothing.

Is this a known bug? Is there a way to fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 01:22:26 pm by Evannex »

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: March 23, 2017, 01:48:02 pm »

masterwork version 1.23 or 1.24a? can you upload the save?  Boltgun deals with most succubus issues, but without error reports, an uploaded save, version number etc Its virtually impossible to know what is going on.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

Evannex

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: March 23, 2017, 03:21:46 pm »

Sure, I'm running version 1.23 and I'll gladly upload my save, Is that the entire region folder in the data directory? And is Google Drive an acceptable place to upload to? With a link of course?

EDIT:
Here's a link to the region folder  on google drive. Let me know if that's not the correct one or if it doesn't work. ^_^

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxEi8jFNq0eOMm5Kb0dGZXZ1Q2s
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 03:42:30 pm by Evannex »

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: March 23, 2017, 03:39:34 pm »

whatever you have access to, just make sure you make it shareable to anyone that has the link if its google drive, so that I can access it.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

Evannex

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: March 23, 2017, 03:57:41 pm »

Yepp, pretty sure I marked it as shareable. So it should be accessible by anyone with link. ^_^

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: March 23, 2017, 04:28:08 pm »

sorry it wasn't there when I posted... give me a minute I'll take a look at a few things and see what's it doing... I'm at a stopping point on the my other project.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

Evannex

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: March 23, 2017, 04:30:17 pm »

Okay, No worries! I really appreciate the help. Take your time. ^_^

Evannex

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: March 23, 2017, 04:53:03 pm »

Okay so I may have just fixed my own issue...? I was reading around the forums and saw the LAA utility mentioned on quite a few places, so I ran it, and reloaded my fort. And they all ran off to start working! So, i guess that just means DF wasn't using enough memory? Or something like that.

DG123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: March 23, 2017, 05:47:50 pm »

idk but id really love golems and runecrafting to work (among other things), basically stuff from 31.25 i think  :'(

What do you mean? I thought these features were currently functioning? From what I saw of 1.23 there should be a magma powered runecrafting workshop and a golem creation building.

Please let me know if these features aren't working, because if so I'm going back to the old Masterwork install I have on another drive.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: March 23, 2017, 05:53:50 pm »

What do you mean? I thought these features were currently functioning? From what I saw of 1.23 there should be a magma powered runecrafting workshop and a golem creation building.

Please let me know if these features aren't working, because if so I'm going back to the old Masterwork install I have on another drive.

Last I heard they should be... if not I'll have to make a test to check it.  Never used the runecrafting, but the golems were working in 1.16 they shouldn't be broken.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 166