Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 897206 times)

Metall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (43.03) - DF2016 - Newest version! - Updated 9th Dec
« Reply #1995 on: August 30, 2017, 08:02:30 pm »

This is why I stopped my contributions. You should too, if you feel it's not a good practice. If he returns and begins working on it again, I'll resume mine.

Same actually. It only takes a moment to pull the line talking about weekly updates. I don't know why he hasn't.

Because money.

toradrow777

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: August 30, 2017, 10:18:08 pm »

So...is Masterwork dead?

Metall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: August 31, 2017, 02:32:04 am »

So...is Masterwork dead?

I doubt it. Travelling is Mephs day job.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1998 on: August 31, 2017, 04:12:46 am »

I want to believe he's just letting the money accrue in a patreon account and will be using it to support himself once he's back home and working on MW.

Metall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: August 31, 2017, 03:08:01 pm »

I want to believe he's just letting the money accrue in a patreon account and will be using it to support himself once he's back home and working on MW.

But then what's he dipping into for his Gwent packs?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2000 on: August 31, 2017, 07:34:46 pm »

But then what's he dipping into for his Gwent packs?
his money from his sponsors and job? You think he is living entirely off the patreon?

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: September 01, 2017, 11:37:04 am »

I think people need to leave that idea alone... donate or don't donate... its up to you.  Really guys this negativity isn't helping Masterwork as a whole.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2002 on: September 01, 2017, 11:16:09 pm »

It's a valid discussion as his page is collecting donations for work not currently being performed. I think we can have that discussion without being negative. I also think he could end the speculation at any time with one post but he hasn't. Not sure what to think about that really but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt and hope all is well.

Metall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: September 07, 2017, 04:53:27 pm »

It's a valid discussion as his page is collecting donations for work not currently being performed. I think we can have that discussion without being negative. I also think he could end the speculation at any time with one post but he hasn't. Not sure what to think about that really but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt and hope all is well.

It is possible that he is doing the work, but he can't upload it all.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2004 on: September 07, 2017, 05:11:20 pm »

True, but he has been active on reddit as recently as 3 days ago so he has some internet connection so nothing would be stopping him from dropping a line here.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: September 07, 2017, 05:57:30 pm »

Perhaps he could be contacted through Reddit?

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: September 08, 2017, 02:03:07 pm »

Hey, does the version of Armok Viewer/ Isoworld bundled with this not work for anyone else? Neither will run for me
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: September 18, 2017, 10:45:25 am »

Hey, does the version of Armok Viewer/ Isoworld bundled with this not work for anyone else? Neither will run for me

The versions released under43.03 are out dated and non functional to the version... isoworld is no longer being updated and is lost to the community.  Armok vision has its own page, the newest version should be capable of functioning with this version of MDF.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Brutaka001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: September 19, 2017, 08:01:30 pm »

So I have noticed that the Human civ has a "Stone Splitting Block" that basically auto crafts stone blocks from accepting materials of stones. They get this and the "Wood Splitting Block" which does the same thing to wood to make wooden planks. very basic stuff that should be in vanilla IMO. Kobolds have the Wood splitting block too, which makes sense racially because they need more wood than stone, when stone is mine-able depending on the player. But what really got my confusion is Why do dwarves not have access to the Stone Splitting Block? And how would I go about fiddling with RAW to enable it for them?

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: September 19, 2017, 09:11:43 pm »

So I have noticed that the Human civ has a "Stone Splitting Block" that basically auto crafts stone blocks from accepting materials of stones. They get this and the "Wood Splitting Block" which does the same thing to wood to make wooden planks. very basic stuff that should be in vanilla IMO. Kobolds have the Wood splitting block too, which makes sense racially because they need more wood than stone, when stone is mine-able depending on the player. But what really got my confusion is Why do dwarves not have access to the Stone Splitting Block? And how would I go about fiddling with RAW to enable it for them?

Humans have those because they have to live aboveground or they'll get sick, but living aboveground requires lots of building materials that are difficult to acquire without spending a lot of time underground. Kobolds don't have them because that mode is supposed to be harder than usual while Dwarves don't need the extra stone, they actually get a surplus from carving out new homes. It's a game-balance-thing, not a theme-thing.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 09:13:41 pm by LMeire »
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 166