Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 897382 times)

Vorik

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (43.03) - DF2016 - Newest version! - Updated 9th Dec
« Reply #2010 on: September 19, 2017, 11:31:31 pm »

So, question: is there a way to disable to seasonal palette swaps? I've tried removing the startup command in the dfhack init, but it still seems to want to fire up every time I run via the masterwork launcher.

Equinox

• Bay Watcher
  • The end is near for us all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: September 20, 2017, 12:21:38 am »

So, question: is there a way to disable to seasonal palette swaps? I've tried removing the startup command in the dfhack init, but it still seems to want to fire up every time I run via the masterwork launcher.

I'd make a backup and then try this.
Doesn't seem to be an option pre-Amostubal's modified version, but it was later added:

another interesting command for dfHack I just discovered in the documentation:

disable season-palette

it turns off the color switching that occurs with the seasons....  Now I need to get this option into the launcher.

"Seasonal Colors" under 'Miscellaneous' (right-most section) on the first tab of the modified MDF's launcher (I only checked the latest version (v1.29), not sure what version added it).
"They say the flapping wings of a single butterfly can stir a wind on the other side of the world. Ever wonder what impact your little bat wings have on this world?"

Vorik

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: September 20, 2017, 12:57:42 am »

I'd make a backup and then try this.

disable season-palette

Aha! Thank you. Just trying to get my snow to be a little less piss-yellow for half the year. What's strange is the game will start fine, but if I load a fort the palette will slowly 'corrupt' into a seasonal one. It's very odd. Not game breaking, but odd.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: September 21, 2017, 02:33:00 pm »

its not a slow corrupt, you have to move the map or have a unit walk across the square to change the color, basically its color doesn't change until what is there changes, I hate that script to no end.... check the dfhack.init files, there is a command that says seasonal-pallette enable or something like that remove that line, then set your colors in the "launcher" and they should remain normal... forget the location after I wrote a fix to remove it at will.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Cult of the Raven

• Bay Watcher
  • likes beards for their dwarfyness
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: September 22, 2017, 12:41:50 am »

Quick question, and apologies if this isn't the right place.
I'm running Masterwork v1.2, and I've had a bunch of sieges from Succubi. This is fine, except they seem to leave behind some problematic items. My dwarves won't pick them up or move them out of the way of designated buildings, and I can't mark them for dumping. They also seem to be immune to fire and lava, so I can't immolate them that way. They all seem to be written-on items, with names and descriptions and such.

The items are:
a longboat made of "unknown frozen plant substance",
a parchment longboat,
2 parchment scrolls, one of which is on perma-fire after it got caught in a forest-fire accident
a parchment "raiders weapon kit",
and an "unknown material" raiders weapon kit.

Is there any way for me to get rid of these? Is this a known issue?

joaodosgrao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: September 27, 2017, 06:48:41 pm »

Hey, little question: has anyone had case of squadmates start killing each other during barrack training sessions? Playing as dorfs.

The second time it happened kind of rose a flag, I'ma abandon this fort because this bug is too gamebreaking. Could it be because I had a few awakened warstones assigned to some dwarves on this squad? (Earth strikes back)

Would be glad if somebody had an insight about it, would hate to go through setting up all the logistics necessary to maintain a nice fort only to have my military at each other's throats again.

ThoMeuhGal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: September 28, 2017, 01:12:49 am »

It has happened to me in the latest vanilla dwarf fortress as well, and I'm pretty sure someone posted something similar on reddit without it being Masterwork related (the post title was talking about a dwarf taking sparring too far or something). So I'm almost sure it is not Masterwork related.

Maybe give them training weapon instead of real ones, and make sure they have shields and armor ?

joaodosgrao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: September 28, 2017, 08:33:25 am »

Funny thing is they were all completely geared in steel, full set of armor and all, including steel mail shirts under the breastplate. The problem with training weapons is having a dorf get attached to one :P

And when the onslaught began, 3 or 4 more joined in to gang up on a lone pikeman (the 2nd time)
It was really weird, first time 2 of my soldiers died, second time I just quit. IT was not a case of someone landing a blow and things going on as normal, it was a case of them going murderous. I think it COULD be related to dorfs entering battle trance during sparring, but I could be mistaken.

Also, never had this happen on vanilla. The weirdest thing I had on vanilla was when their barracks was on top of a tower with fortifications, and I had a moat around my fort, and eventually a dorf would show up dead in the moat. Turns out they sometimes were dodging through the fortifications right into the water, lmfao
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 08:48:46 am by joaodosgrao »

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: September 30, 2017, 08:35:29 pm »

Funny thing is they were all completely geared in steel, full set of armor and all, including steel mail shirts under the breastplate. The problem with training weapons is having a dorf get attached to one :P

And when the onslaught began, 3 or 4 more joined in to gang up on a lone pikeman (the 2nd time)
It was really weird, first time 2 of my soldiers died, second time I just quit. IT was not a case of someone landing a blow and things going on as normal, it was a case of them going murderous. I think it COULD be related to dorfs entering battle trance during sparring, but I could be mistaken.

Also, never had this happen on vanilla. The weirdest thing I had on vanilla was when their barracks was on top of a tower with fortifications, and I had a moat around my fort, and eventually a dorf would show up dead in the moat. Turns out they sometimes were dodging through the fortifications right into the water, lmfao

did you happen to have any mossrovas roaming around getting killed and placed in your stockpiles.... it turns dwarfs murderous crazy.... I've wiped a few embarks with it before.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: October 03, 2017, 04:25:07 pm »

hey don't know if you have been asked this before, but do you have any idea when the thief tunnel for kobolds will return? (other than that I'm loving masterwork on v.43)
Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: October 04, 2017, 07:25:25 am »

Theft/expeditions/etc were removed because there's no way to spawn in an invasion on DF2014 so it was basically just free stuff with no risk. My guess is it'll probably be some time after the next official update, assuming the folks over at DFHack figure out how to use the new artifact code to designate a created item as stolen and/or offend the civilization that supposedly made it.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

joaodosgrao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: October 11, 2017, 06:01:10 pm »

did you happen to have any mossrovas roaming around getting killed and placed in your stockpiles.... it turns dwarfs murderous crazy.... I've wiped a few embarks with it before.

IIRC correctly, no mossrovas.
I turned the earth strikes back off and it no longer happened. Also, there is enough micromanaging as is, having to build a tribute for each kind of stone, then profile miners one by one to pay the tribute was a royal pain in the ass.

Grimm Spector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: October 12, 2017, 11:16:14 am »

I assume this is only 32 bit?

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: October 13, 2017, 06:28:21 am »

I assume this is only 32 bit?

Meph's last version was 1.23 and it was 43.03 32x DF.  If your seeking 64x there is a version called modified MDF which is version 1.29 and its 43.05 x64... Its in a separate link on this page just look for "MODIFIED MASTERWORK" in the title.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

Evans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: October 15, 2017, 04:38:23 pm »

Any news from/about Meph?
getlost.lua # How to get rid of tavern guests
function getlost ()
   local unit = dfhack.gui.getSelectedUnit (true)
   unit.flags1.forest = true
end
getlost ()
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 166