Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 897329 times)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (43.03) - DF2016 - Newest version! - Only one year outdated
« Reply #2055 on: December 15, 2017, 05:51:59 am »

You can simply give other civs more stuff to steal. I did not test how it work yet but it seems that sending a few creatures to raid a place with a good enough ambushing skill act as de facto thievery.

It's confirmed that you can steal necromancer tablets already. The extra secrets will benefit from this.

I'm eager to know if you can snatch people.

Also I wonder how far you can go with your raids... Could you destroy a town then reclaim it as another fort ?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 05:55:56 am by Boltgun »

Lordsservent-san

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: December 15, 2017, 09:58:37 am »

I know, but I don't think it can be affected with raws, or can it? Aka modded content that changes or adds to the new raiding mechanic.
It probably can’t be yet, but it’s also still in it’s very early implementation stages, which means that doing more than sneaking in and stealing stuff will come in a later version of 44.XX.

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: December 15, 2017, 10:06:57 am »

I know, but I don't think it can be affected with raws, or can it? Aka modded content that changes or adds to the new raiding mechanic.
It probably can’t be yet, but it’s also still in it’s very early implementation stages, which means that doing more than sneaking in and stealing stuff will come in a later version of 44.XX.
I feel like know for a fact that once the raiding gets fully implemented, orcs and kobolds will make a big comeback.
Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?

UristMcChladni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (43.05) - DF2016 - Newest version! - Updated 15th Dec 2017
« Reply #2058 on: December 15, 2017, 04:35:06 pm »

Not necessarily concerned so much about specific systems, but at this point is a 44.02 version of MW possible, or are too many of the dependencies (i.e. dfhack) still in need of update? I saw dfhack has an alpha version out, but I'm too pedestrian in my use of it to understand if the alpha has all of the capabilities this mod pack needs.

EDIT: needed to have read other threads, saw you've already posted to this effect.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 04:36:49 pm by UristMcChladni »

dragonlotion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: December 16, 2017, 10:06:36 am »

I'm trying to play with ASCII graphics

but the game keeps using a tileset

Am I missing something?

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: December 16, 2017, 01:30:39 pm »

I'm trying to play with ASCII graphics

but the game keeps using a tileset

Am I missing something?

simple the launcher doesn't realize it needs to change its target between graphic_font and font when switching the print mode:

open up dwarf fortress/data/init/init.txt
find the following 2 lines:
[FONT:Font.png]
[FULLFONT:Font.png]

change them to:
[FONT:Phoebus_16x16.png]
[FULLFONT:Phoebus_16x16.png]

The tileset option only switches graphics into Phoebus_16x16.png the graphics you are seeing is the last font set under TWBT.

That's one thing I kept forgetting to do when I was messing with the VB.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 01:36:02 pm by Amostubal »
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

dragonlotion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: December 16, 2017, 02:00:16 pm »

Thank you, Amostubal, that works.

Metall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: December 17, 2017, 06:37:18 pm »

You can simply give other civs more stuff to steal. I did not test how it work yet but it seems that sending a few creatures to raid a place with a good enough ambushing skill act as de facto thievery.

It's confirmed that you can steal necromancer tablets already. The extra secrets will benefit from this.

I'm eager to know if you can snatch people.

Also I wonder how far you can go with your raids... Could you destroy a town then reclaim it as another fort ?

Holy crap... and Boltgun returns as well! Yay! Happy days, man. As to snatching people, I would think you should be able too, in order to turn them into their corrupted version and enslave them... or some sweet, sweet, religious sacrificial rituals, and demonic summoning.

Emperor_Souless

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: December 19, 2017, 12:57:45 pm »

By looking into therapist, the caste system is completely broken.

Edit: But by looking at the Raws, I don't see anything wrong with the castes.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 01:22:35 pm by Emperor_Souless »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2064 on: December 20, 2017, 07:07:36 am »

Castes haven't been touched for years... they were fine and should still be fine. No idea what the Therapist does now. ^^
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: December 20, 2017, 07:21:33 am »

could just have a misaligned enum or similar

ThoMeuhGal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: December 20, 2017, 05:17:58 pm »

Castes descriptions in Therapist were broken in Amostubal's Modified Masterwork that used DF 64bits, but that was because the Therapist that was bundled did not work fully with 64bits DF. Newer Therapist versions from Clément were displaying castes descriptions properly for me.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: December 21, 2017, 07:39:47 am »

Castes descriptions in Therapist were broken in Amostubal's Modified Masterwork that used DF 64bits, but that was because the Therapist that was bundled did not work fully with 64bits DF. Newer Therapist versions from Clément were displaying castes descriptions properly for me.

There's your answer... the therapist I had available at last update back in June was not capable of properly displaying the castes... Newer versions by Clement were not available yet!
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #2068 on: December 23, 2017, 12:19:16 am »

I keep getting this weird error whenever I attempt to run masterwork. I have no idea why it is saying that this "OS platform" is not a valid application when I ran Masterwork in the past with this very computer. Please halp

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: December 23, 2017, 08:31:57 am »

I keep getting this weird error whenever I attempt to run masterwork. I have no idea why it is saying that this "OS platform" is not a valid application when I ran Masterwork in the past with this very computer. Please halp

OS platform?  which version? MDF 1.30? what does details say?

If Meph hasn't changed the launcher from when I compiled it in 1.29 It was compiled on a win10 x64 system.  but its just VB and I'm not sure if the system its on makes a difference.  but OS platform could be refering to x86(x32) vs. x64 architecture.  but in that case the DF wouldnt='t be running correctly either.  Anyway thats the first time I've seen an error like that.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 166