Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 897205 times)

armads

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 - Newest version! - Updated 14th Jan 2019
« Reply #2235 on: January 23, 2019, 03:18:09 am »

to stop the seasonal color changes (which I hate) just delete "season-palette.lua" from "\Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts"

You sir, are a godsend. Thank you for that.

Molay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: January 23, 2019, 11:02:06 am »

Found out how to fix the color palette, so that's all good now. I do actually enjoy the seasonal changes!

Noticed a couple more weird textures, weirdest of all being Rock Pots being an upside down question mark instead of... the rock pot graphic. Which has been there since I can remember^^ Something is definitely wrong with the tilemaps.

I also attempted changing the tileset to meph's, so at least it wouldn't be buggy. But apparently updating the savefiles ends up corrupting them :S (at least I made a backup, so that's ok.)
The best alternative to having a functional steel industry is to have a really, really, really good hospital. And a lot of coffins.

Molay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: January 23, 2019, 07:55:33 pm »

Got attacked by undead "iron man" (dozens, they came with various names, maceman, etc).

Upon entering the map they dropped all their weapons and armor at the edge of the map. The went on to siege with their naked iron bodies.

Not sure what caused them to drop their stuff. Perhaps being unread?

Also, where do they come from? Necro tower? Is it the succubus civ6?
The best alternative to having a functional steel industry is to have a really, really, really good hospital. And a lot of coffins.

zackman0010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: January 23, 2019, 10:43:22 pm »

I did find one bug: changing keybinds from the launcher will get rid of the new keybinds for the new (c)ivilization/world map screen. I had to restore the original keybindings from the MW download to get them back.

atazs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: January 25, 2019, 02:09:43 pm »

No idea if this is a bug with the mod but sometimes when i press Z to zoom to a unit, the screen instead goes completely black and i have to press esc to go back to menu then press esc again to get it back. Luckily it doesn't always happen but i've no idea what causes it. What gives?

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: January 26, 2019, 02:03:13 am »

When I type 24 into my address bar the Masterwork DF forum is the first link. Glad I typed that today. Thanks for the update, Meph!

baldamundo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: January 26, 2019, 09:53:32 am »

Is site association and noble promotion working with the new civilisations besides dwarfs? Been playing a couple of years, population about a hundred, and nothing happened on that front yet.

Also, I'm getting a consistent crash. Not yet worked out if it's on a precise date, but certainly always around the same time. Any tips on debugging that? Would rather not have to abandon the game or go back to a much earlier save only to find the same issue.

EDIT: Okay, so I tried using the exterminate command to kill all my orcs before unpausing, and then the game continued normally without crashing, so I guess it's something one of them is about to do. Will try narrowing it down. I remember their used to be some crashes associated with butchering certain bugged creatures, wonder if that's it

EDIT2: Turns out it was an orc slaughtering a terrier squig.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 03:29:30 pm by baldamundo »

Blackworth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: January 27, 2019, 12:27:02 am »

Thanks so mucchhhhh  playing it nowwww!!!

Arkenor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: January 27, 2019, 09:47:10 pm »

When not using Standardised Milk, there's a typo in every milk type "LOCAL_CREATURE:MAT" instead of "LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT" which causes milking to not produce anything. Some sort of problem with the script that edits the files when turning the standardised milk option on and off.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 09:48:49 pm by Arkenor »

armads

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: January 29, 2019, 03:15:05 pm »

No idea if this is a bug with the mod but sometimes when i press Z to zoom to a unit, the screen instead goes completely black and i have to press esc to go back to menu then press esc again to get it back. Luckily it doesn't always happen but i've no idea what causes it. What gives?

This is actually a bug with dwarf fortress itself, not the mod. It actually happens for me to on vanilla when I open the status screen with z like for stocks and things.

armads

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: January 29, 2019, 03:22:49 pm »

So, I've noticed this in a lot of the sessions I've played over a dozen worlds or so. Lots of crashes and errors, specifically with the item-trigger/lua script. meaning I get pages and pages of this:

\Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts/modtools/item-trigger.lua:178: attempt to index a nil value (field 'itemMat')
stack traceback:
        ...2)\Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts/modtools/item-trigger.lua:178: in global 'checkForTrigger'
        ...2)\Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts/modtools/item-trigger.lua:244: in global 'handler'
        ...2)\Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts/modtools/item-trigger.lua:255: in global 'equipHandler'
        ...2)\Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts/modtools/item-trigger.lua:270: in global 'modeHandler'
        ...2)\Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts/modtools/item-trigger.lua:278: in function <...2)\Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts/modtools/item-trigger.lua:274>

I don't know what this means, but all I'm playing with all the normal settings, as close to vanilla as possible. But these errors just repeat constantly and eventually crash the game after enough of them. I'm not sure what that lua does either, given when I looked at it it's a complete unorganized mess of a file. But I'm not sure if there's a fix here or what. All I do know is that it's making the game unstable and nearly unplayable.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2246 on: January 31, 2019, 05:11:28 am »

So, I've noticed this in a lot of the sessions I've played over a dozen worlds or so. Lots of crashes and errors, specifically with the item-trigger/lua script. meaning I get pages and pages of this:

\Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts/modtools/item-trigger.lua:178: attempt to index a nil value (field 'itemMat')
stack traceback:
        ...2)\Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts/modtools/item-trigger.lua:178: in global 'checkForTrigger'
        ...2)\Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts/modtools/item-trigger.lua:244: in global 'handler'
        ...2)\Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts/modtools/item-trigger.lua:255: in global 'equipHandler'
        ...2)\Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts/modtools/item-trigger.lua:270: in global 'modeHandler'
        ...2)\Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts/modtools/item-trigger.lua:278: in function <...2)\Dwarf Fortress/hack/scripts/modtools/item-trigger.lua:274>

I don't know what this means, but all I'm playing with all the normal settings, as close to vanilla as possible. But these errors just repeat constantly and eventually crash the game after enough of them. I'm not sure what that lua does either, given when I looked at it it's a complete unorganized mess of a file. But I'm not sure if there's a fix here or what. All I do know is that it's making the game unstable and nearly unplayable.
If you find issues like this, please try posting in the dfhack thread. For the most part I'm unable to fix script-related issues, since I'm not the author and have only a rudimentary understanding of .lua.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: January 31, 2019, 08:28:15 am »

-snip-

I rewrote a chunk of item-trigger several months ago, and this is, to my knowledge, the first issue that's been reported since. A save file displaying this behaviour would be highly useful to help identify the exact cause. Since you're not running vanilla, please include the mods with the save.
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

MickDick

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: January 31, 2019, 09:41:56 pm »

Strange bug, as orcs.

I mean, everything else works fine and dandy for me infact, except...  They refuse to stockpile food.  At all.  It's really strange.  I've been playing DF for many years and never had such a problem and cannot figure out for the life of my what the issue is.  Dfhack gives no indication to the problem either. 

At least it's possible to deal with this issue as is somewhat, as food doesn't rot in trade depots and I can just dfhack autodump it into the food stockpile but yeah.  Surprised I seem to be the only one this is happening to.

Link to retrieve the save file here:  https://ufile.io/wsueo

You will see i autodumped some things into the food stockpile, but the majority of food that's in the trade depot is never taken to the food stockpile, nor stored in barrels.

Temperature and weather are disabled for me.

baldamundo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: February 01, 2019, 02:49:51 pm »

Minor issue with orcs and standardised leather (haven't tested without standardised leather): laminating only accepts standardised "rugged hardened leather", but a few creatures still give e.g. "corpse grub leather" (why is there so much of this stuff around? Merchants seem to love it) or "forgotten beast leather" which can be turned into e.g. "forgotten beast hardened leather" but not into lamellar.

And on which note, is there any chance we could eventually get a "standardised bone" option? Bone's an amazing potential source of early game armour for orcs, but honestly I can never bring myself to use it because it makes such an unintelligible mess of my stock screen and impossible to tell how much I have of what. Standardised thread/cloth would be really useful too if possible.

BTW, am I correct in understanding that the dreamwalker staves and krisknives are still treated in the code as ranged weapons, but that it's currently impossible to acquire their ammunition?

Also, again, would be really great if anyone has any ideas if the bug with orc noble promotion (and site association?) is fixable?
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 166