Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 906726 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 - Newest version! - Updated 14th Jan 2019
« Reply #2265 on: February 28, 2019, 04:20:50 pm »

Humans can't make soap. Intentional?

I like it. I like to think of my human fort as being inhabited by a bunch of smelly barbarians who aspire to outdo dwarves in the fine art of being unkempt.

Right, so I'm guessing there'd be a market for a human semi-tutorial then? Cause Sanctume also seemed a bit lost with humans. Had a good one a while back but I lost the save to it.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2266 on: February 28, 2019, 05:51:28 pm »

I like it. I like to think of my human fort as being inhabited by a bunch of smelly barbarians who aspire to outdo dwarves in the fine art of being unkempt.

Right, so I'm guessing there'd be a market for a human semi-tutorial then? Cause Sanctume also seemed a bit lost with humans. Had a good one a while back but I lost the save to it.

I did ok for while, but then I re-played the same embark from day 1 save about 5 times to try different things. 

Trying to recall an optimal start.
1. Get 2 miners+4 with dodge+2 fighter+2 and discipline+2 at least, and don't worry about the cave adaptation issue as long as you don't plan to dig the whole year.  Save aquifers for next time challenge.  Those early ores are money for trade.

2. 3 builders including the brick maker for above-ground constructions, and carpenter for 8 bed at most.
Build that brick making workshop, 1 stone into 10 blocks, it uses Stone Craft labor, not Mason. 
1 woodcutter+1, a weapon+2, fighter+2, and discipline+2.  10 logs are money too, feather/glumprong are valuable.
1 carpenter+1, mechanic+1, a weapon+2, fighter+2, and discipline+2 - need that raising bridge and wall soon
1 stonecraft+1, mason+1, a weapon+2, fighter+2, and discipline+2 - i prefer using stone blocks for color

3. 2 Bureaucrats to do the buying and hauling to sell of stuff. 
I split these into Record Keeper, Manager, and Mayor consoler type,
and Doctor type.  Both have Appraisal+1.

But this optimal start is messed up when rare Caste is part of the 7 founders. 
Had a Squire who will do no labor except train. 
Warrior or Barbarian are ok. 
Had a cleric, but building a hospital too early without a large number of peasant workers is not productive. 

3 embark points for Economic stone such as Orthoclase sells decently compared to spending 90 embark points on native gold ore. 
Spend points on at least 2 picks and 1 metal axe.

Need a clearer step by step guild to building the guild, expansion, and joining guilds via 1 Profile and excluding others.  Had a weaponsmith join a mason guild once when I did not use manager Profile to guild building.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2267 on: February 28, 2019, 06:04:45 pm »

I did ok for while, but then I re-played the same embark from day 1 save about 5 times to try different things. 

Well I say semi-tutorial because I didn't like how Meph did his way back in 34.11 (where it was a blatant tutorial, and treated as such, which lead to it floundering as soon as his turn was over.) I can go over stuff as it comes up naturally - for example, not establishing stalls instantly, but rather over time, as your town's population and wealth justifies it.

I just need a better embark than the one I have genned - the one I have does have two wars going on, but to get everything I had to settle in a boring place - a regular, boring grassland - no giant animals, no valuable plants, nothing going on and thus nothing to pose a threat or make things interesting environmentally.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2268 on: February 28, 2019, 07:16:22 pm »

One play through had a were-something. 

Another one, had 1 necro + 2 zombie seige that my 2 military took care of after my dogs distracted them. 

But I get what you're saying on gauging when to build what. 

I was thinking putting each guild in tiers where you need a number of tier 1s before you can get tier2s, etc.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile

Having a problem where I do succubus fort, I prepare embark, I get to the intro message, press enter- game crashes. Where can I find a crashlog to send in to see if someone smarter can discern my issue?

EDIT: Oh, and as a note, it works fine in Adventure.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 12:11:28 pm by KingofstarrySkies »
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Golbolco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My dwarf fort of 7 years keeps crashing in the late Fall with no good reason. Here's the error log:

Code: [Select]
Missing Item Definition: ITEM_TOOL_PEDESTAL
*** Error(s) found in the file "data/save/region4/raw/objects/creature_random_myth_beast_standard_mdf.txt"
SEAL_ANIMAL_WEEVIL BP Add Type GELDABLE Was Not Used
SEAL_ANIMAL_WEEVIL BP Add Type GELDABLE Was Not Used
undefined local creature material set to default: ZM5_SILITHID HARDENED_LEATHER
*** Error(s) finalizing the entity NIGHTCREATURE
Unrecognized entity creature token: NIGHTCREATURE
*** Error(s) finalizing the entity TITANS
Unrecognized entity creature token: TITAN
*** Error(s) finalizing the entity MOUNTAIN
Unrecognized entity tool token: ITEM_TOOL_PEDESTAL
Unrecognized entity tool token: ITEM_TOOL_DISPLAY_CASE
Connected Component Overflow

MrPainting

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I made a post with 2 separate save games experiencing the same CTD in the Autumn of the first year.

Golbolco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's strange. I don't think it's the caravan for that season, I forced one in dfhack with no issue. Could it be a broken migrant wave?

Arkenor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Connected Component Overflow is some sort of pathing fail I think. Are you using unusually large embarks, or ones with particularly large amounts of flowing liquid? In the case of the seven year fort, did you recently uncover the magma sea?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 11:40:32 pm by Arkenor »

MrPainting

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Is a 5:5 unusually large? If so, that might explain it, I didn't know that larger embarks could cause instability, and prefer wider bases to deep one. Do I need to just get over that?

I also try to have a river in my embark because flowing water is useful. Do I need to not be doing those things?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 01:42:50 pm by MrPainting »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think 5:5's slightly bigger than default (which is usually 4:4.) I'd recommend a 4:4 or 3:3 embark though. The river shouldn't be causing an issue, else none of my forts with a river, stream, or brook would ever be stable.

Wyrdean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A small note, whatever mod has the plaguebearers, they seem to be a bit unbalanced as they can quite easily take out several dwarves in full plate with the skills to match.
Not to mention they carry a plague that causes skin, bones, flesh, and entire limbs to rot off incredibly quickly. My poor expedition leader has no legs left...

Within five seconds or so after the contaminant touches a dwarf they'll have no skin left, they'll go blind if they haven't already, lungs rot away, and most of their limbs will have rotted away. The list of their injuries stretches twice the length of my screen...
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 11:05:55 am by Wyrdean »

DoX

• Bay Watcher
  • No, seriously.
    • View Profile

Hey y'all.

Meph, great work so far, can't wait to see the Steam version!

I'm playing the latest version, and hoping I can solve this crash-causing bug.

Error Log:

*** Error(s) finalizing the entity TITANS
Unrecognized entity creature token: TITAN
*** Error(s) finalizing the interaction RAISE_GHOUL
Unrecognized Caste Token in Body Transformation Effect: ZM5_WC_GHOUL:MALE
*** Error(s) finalizing the interaction PALADIN
Unrecognized corpse target immune creature token: ZM5_WC_WIGHT
Unrecognized corpse target immune creature token: ZM5_PLAGUEBEARER
Unrecognized corpse target immune creature token: ZM5_WC_ABOMINATION
Unrecognized corpse target immune creature token: ZM5_WC_GHOUL
Unrecognized corpse target immune creature token: ZM5_WC_GEIST

It seems certain Undead and the Titans civ is messing up my game. Any way to salvage my save file?

Wyrdean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Another small note, this one actually (Potentially) useful.

In the Wood Crafter's Shop both the Mortar and Pestle share the same hotkey binding.

Which may or may not be intentional.

gazaren

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I usually play on pocket worlds to improve FPS. Masterwork has a lot of civilizations, so I'm wondering if it's feasible to play on small worlds.

Any recommendations on world size?
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 166