Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 897192 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

There is nothing more in-depth than the manual included, but the old mod for 34.11 had a much larger manual. Maybe you saw that one.

Update: I'm mostly working on the Steam Df atm...

::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

urmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Speaking of the old mod ...

I whipped up what I believe is an actual working version of 6.2 for linux, by starting with my 6.1 package.  I played it and let it run, until a Forgotten Beast (frost wyrm) killed everyone, about two years or so.

Therapist currently does not work, though - I don't have / cannot compile the 32bit versions that the included binary wants, and cannot compile the current DT against that old of a DF version.  (There actually is a path there - a modern DT sorta works, and actually seems to read values, but all the labels are off.  Clement suggested several paths, just not sure it's worth the effort.)

If anyone is interested, I'll wrap it up and post it.

MechaJeb Kerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Playing as Succubi, spend good couple of days training some decent squads with war animals to eliminate all of the Elves, and after that everyone else via raids, but alas, now I notice "Cannot order mission without leader" in the civ screen. I think I do have all the roles filled. What could be wrong? Is it not possible to raid with Succubi and I have just wasted my time?   

edit: Ok I edited the raws, added  [RESPONSIBILITY:MILITARY_GOALS] to expedition leader/Matron and raids seem to be working now. Now I'm sure it was left out on purpose, I wonder what kind of hilarious bugs and crashes I'll experience.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 01:52:47 am by MechaJeb Kerman »

DG123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So I just saw the information about the new version of vanilla DF to come out on Steam.

I am now feeling conflicted because certain features of Masterwork may not be in it. Anyone know if they will be and/or whether there will be a Masterwork mod for the Steam version?

Mostly I want the rune smithing, golem creation, and wider variety of weapons. I saw some other features mentioned which I had previously thought were Masterwork mod only, so maybe some of this is in there?

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm kinda missing. Running around mountains for the next 3 weeks, then there is Steam, and the Meph tileset. So atm I'm just gathering ideas, can't code anything. But I'm reading everything and taking notes. :)

I mean, the old mod has 10k, new masterwork 20k, and the tileset 12k downloads, just of the current versions. No way I'll abandon this. Just a lot going on. ;)
Emphasis added. So, it'll probably happen but there is no predicting when.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Angel71090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just wanted to comment in here and say, Meph...take your time buddy. We can wait for this. I know modding is a hassle, both making mods and sometimes installing mods. More for me, it's banging my head against a keyboard and hoping my slap dash mod fusion works since I like to add this and that on top of already modded to hell games. Anyway, I just wanted to drop by, tell you ALL your stuff is awesome, and for you to keep on keeping on. If there is anything anyone can possibly help with, just say something. Can't wait to see where this goes.

I will ask a question or two though, no of which are about the mod coming out.

1: Is there anything in particular you, in your opinion, want/need to add to the pack when you get around to it?

2: I've noticed some files in there that I don't know if they are used or anything, (Skaven comes to mind) are those just left over from some previous versions?

3: This is more for me personally. Do you need to go about editing the entity files in a specific way to get other mods working. I was adding the 44.12 version of spellcrafts to the game and I don't know if I added it right. Mostly because I'm a picky bugger and haven't found a proper world to play on, or ended up scrapping it because of one thing or another...like my starting area randomly bursting into flames. Still not sure why the hell that keeps happening.

evilman222

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 - Newest version! - Updated 14th Jan 2019
« Reply #2361 on: August 05, 2020, 03:47:09 am »

Are there any decent magic mods which are compatible with this version of MDF? The one thing I miss from the old versions of this mod is the feeling of breaking a siege with a handful of elite warmages...

plenum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: August 09, 2020, 05:51:43 am »

Any world I'm trying to generate with default settings and default worldgen - do not contain dwarfs race civilizations. Anyone knows how to fix that?

[UPD]
Nevermind. I was confused by big choice of civilizations for embark...
« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 06:51:26 pm by plenum »
Protect diversities: biological, ecological, cultural.
This yields colorful future to our (grand)children.

plenum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: August 15, 2020, 07:01:30 am »

Is it possible to find docs on added workshops and processing chains anywhere? (like, Ore Processor, Magma Crucible, Blast Furnace, etc)
Protect diversities: biological, ecological, cultural.
This yields colorful future to our (grand)children.

Lemel

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: September 07, 2020, 05:39:38 am »

Edit - just found out that Manual is outdated. So the only real question left is about fonts (the last question)

Tried asking these questions on DF reddit to no success. Time to ask here. Im trying to get into Masterwork, but im having some problems and i have questions (all links are direct links to images)

First is simple - when i start dwarf fortress, in DFHack window i get this. It tells me that i have Masterwork version 1.29 and DF version 0.43.05, but in game it tells me i have 0.44.12 version of dwarf fortress and i downloaded version 1.31 of Masterwork. Is it normal, or do i have bugged dfhack?

Second question is - im trying to play as a succubi civ. All is great, but either Manual that was included with the modpack terribly outdated, or im just blind. I cant find half of the buildings im supposed to have. Mainly the Well of souls. Here is a screenshot of Workshops i can build, and here are furnaces i can build

Also - in the manual, on Materials page it shows that succubi have access to Stygian Bronze that is supposed to be made in the smelter (i cant see it there), and Basiliskine, that is supposed to be sheared from lesser basilisk that comes from summoning portal (i cant see an option to summon them there)

Another small question:
When i try to summon anything in summoning portal i get nothing but a puff of smoke and this error in DFHack
Any help with this?

Last thing is already partially resolved
I have some troubles with fonts. When i downloaded LNP pack and started playing my font looks like this. And thats good, thats how i want it to look.
But when i downloaded Masterwork launcher and started playing, my font looks like this
After some fiddling around i managed to get it to look almost good enough, like this I got to this point by using following settings -
  • Print mode - Text Will Be Text
  • Font Default
  • Truetype Font off
  • Text Will Be Text plugin Font Ascii
« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 08:39:21 am by Lemel »

Artwr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: September 07, 2020, 07:35:35 pm »

Edit - just found out that Manual is outdated. So the only real question left is about fonts (the last question)

Second question is - im trying to play as a succubi civ. All is great, but either Manual that was included with the modpack terribly outdated, or im just blind. I cant find half of the buildings im supposed to have. Mainly the Well of souls. Here is a screenshot of Workshops i can build, and here are furnaces i can build

Also - in the manual, on Materials page it shows that succubi have access to Stygian Bronze that is supposed to be made in the smelter (i cant see it there), and Basiliskine, that is supposed to be sheared from lesser basilisk that comes from summoning portal (i cant see an option to summon them there)

Another small question:
When i try to summon anything in summoning portal i get nothing but a puff of smoke and this error in DFHack
Any help with this?

I play quite a lot with the succubus civ, both on the standalone version and in the Masterwork. I do believe "well of souls" and those two materials were put out for some reason, and quite some time ago. To check that it would be needed some research in old forum posts, I can't do that right now. Here and in the Succubus Dungeon's posts. I'm going to check your thing with failed summons, I had that once.
The summonings and specially the turning of enemies are quite finnicky, so use saves before trying that. I think I never had true sucess turning enemies (dwarf turn into fiend, but attacks my sucs), but got some "clown summons".  The summoned devils are also prone to weird behaviors. Some are half citizens, some are like animals. I think the "fixed" summons are more stable, but i'm yet to study it properly.
Let's make a demonology manual, shall we?

Lemel

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: September 08, 2020, 06:26:10 am »

Well, according to this post in succubus forum those issues are known

About turning enemies the only problem i had was that sometimes i would get a citizen from a caged prisoner, but the cage would remain the same, allowing me to get more and more people from that 1 caged guy. Unfortunately i didnt make a backup save so i could give it to mod creator (i just chucked the bugged cage in some lava)

max_spacer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ - Content Repository
« Reply #2367 on: September 13, 2020, 10:08:54 am »

Added a short note and a link to the release post about both the linux and the mac version. Thank you both for the help.

Hi. Meph.
I'm russian gamer The DF.
I respect you for you MasterworkDF
I've been playing this game for 14 years and i'm gaming this pack-it is amazing.
i'm programmer too(python) and understand you and Toady hard work of steam DF.
Qwestions:
1. will you update MDF to new dfhack and twbt after release steam version DF?
Russian scanty community wants MDF with ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 with support new version dfhack and twbt like you done for LNP.
If you wil not support MDF our team from russian community could be adaptated Meph Tileset to MDF.
2.is there a point to this?
3.Or steam version will content like orks and human uniq receiptes and buildings from MDF?
4.After release steam version your modding will be based on steam version?
5.Or just wait steam version :D ?
!in particular interested closest future MDF!
Thank you for your projects.

Thoradin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: September 26, 2020, 08:19:39 am »

Hey, I'm interested in making some of the orc specific pets available for dwarfs, mainly the Shaggy Mumak, I've tried copying the raws over from creature_a_pet_orcfort file to the creature_domestic file but this didn't seem to work even with adding [COMMON_DOMESTIC], so I'm wondering how would I go about making these creatures available for a dwarf fortress similar to the Deep Dwarven Domestication animals are added, and what I'd need to change to make it work properly, I don't have much experience with editing raws though.

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: October 25, 2020, 07:42:52 pm »

Hey, I'm interested in making some of the orc specific pets available for dwarfs, mainly the Shaggy Mumak, I've tried copying the raws over from creature_a_pet_orcfort file to the creature_domestic file but this didn't seem to work even with adding [COMMON_DOMESTIC], so I'm wondering how would I go about making these creatures available for a dwarf fortress similar to the Deep Dwarven Domestication animals are added, and what I'd need to change to make it work properly, I don't have much experience with editing raws though.

I don't have much experience editing raws either, but in the description of Kruggsmash's Scorchfountain Ep1 video, he shows how he modded horn beetles into the game.  Maybe comparing his steps to how you're going about it will reveal something:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXX7Rp0iXj0l998LmVC6xIRHjtj2Pr2VI
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 166