Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 897193 times)

Fjolsvith

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 - Newest version! - Updated 14th Jan 2019
« Reply #2385 on: January 05, 2021, 10:42:57 pm »

Magmawells don't work.

Kargormur

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: January 06, 2021, 09:47:35 am »

I'm getting a consistent crash whenever I close out of the Nobles menu using the Hermit for the latest version but I'm not sure what's causing it. Makes it kinda hard to change the bookkeeper settings.  :P

Any ideas? I can upload the save if someone would be willing to take a look.

Edit: Tested on new save and still happening.
Post edit: 4th new save is the charm? Issue is fixed but I still have no idea why the game was breaking on the nobles screen for the other saves.

I have the same problem. I chose an orc. idk why this is happening

polliwoggi

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: January 13, 2021, 06:03:30 pm »

Getting the same noble crash problem choosing a succubus.

ANickel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: January 14, 2021, 12:03:01 am »

This hasn't been updated in almost two years now I think, it doesn't surprise me much that things aren't working properly.
Once the official DF release is out we might see more from Masterwork.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2389 on: January 14, 2021, 07:42:23 am »

Yeah I think it has escaped people's notice that Meph is mostly working on the DF steam release and likely does not have time to maintain this mod.

Yinseng

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: January 17, 2021, 09:47:24 am »

Yeah I think it has escaped people's notice that Meph is mostly working on the DF steam release and likely does not have time to maintain this mod.

He's not even maintaining his own tileset properly anymore, it's very disappointing.

Torgath

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: January 19, 2021, 10:16:34 am »

Hello! I've been playing with Evans' DF 47.04 Masterwork and I confirm the magma wells not working bug mentioned by Fjolsvith (although I managed to replicate their effect with the DFHack command "source").

A very crucial bug I came across is a crash on load game that I can't overcome. It seems like it crashes when the load bar reaches "Artefacts", and effectively, I can only load backups from before there were any artefacts produced in my fort. For reference, the first artefact was a weird one - "some animal" hardened leather tail cover (succubus item?) decorated with gems. The second was a wooden armor stand, but the first is already enough for the crash.

Trying to troubleshoot it, I got hopeful when I found this thread blaming the additional weapons mods that are included in MW:
http://97.107.128.126/smf/index.php?topic=159852.0
Only to later realize all of these are already turned off in my game, so they are not the problem. They mention graphics also, and mine are Evans' defaults.

Other than this, my play through as a dwarven fortress was going smoothly. I'll revert to an older save and see if a different artefact still causes the crash.

Edit: This is no longer relevant - I couldn't replicate the bug (same dwarf made a different artefact, no problem at all), and after playing in the backup for a while, I was able to load the original save without a problem!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2021, 02:55:16 pm by Torgath »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2392 on: January 19, 2021, 01:58:46 pm »

He's not even maintaining his own tileset properly anymore, it's very disappointing.
He's working on a new project, and as far as I know is being paid to do so. That project will benefit DF greatly and will come with an integrated and gorgeous tileset among other things. I understand that you're disappointed by the lack of support for his free tileset but I'm sure you'll agree that what he's doing now is more important?

Demandro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: February 01, 2021, 12:27:38 pm »

Soo, can I use this mod to learn a some stuff that I don't know like summoning on a workstation or civ. creation, and then use what I learned for my mods?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2021, 12:29:14 pm by Demandro »
I bet even Armok can't make and anvil without having one already, the true god is Anvil, and Armok is just a mere pawn in it's wicked game, a slave whose sole purpose is to make and destroy worlds for his superiors amusement...
EDIT: Forget the anvil, you can't mine ore without pickaxe therefore you can't make neither anvil or pickaxe.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: February 02, 2021, 09:28:32 am »

Soo, can I use this mod to learn a some stuff that I don't know like summoning on a workstation or civ. creation, and then use what I learned for my mods?

There's nothing particularly stopping you, as using content that already exists is a good basis for learning and expanding understanding -but to republish it without changes & claiming the taken work was your own without credit would be distasteful (aside from Toady intervening if there's enough evidence and mounted complaints). Also noting that Masterwork is many different sources of modification too which complicates things and got Meph themselves into some controversy at some point. If you pull things directly and mash them together, its best to do it for purely your own enjoyment.

captinjoehenry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: February 13, 2021, 07:48:20 pm »

So it seems I'm almost constantly under siege by Nagas.  I have 60 dwarfs and even with 20 of them in the military they have no real chance to deal with the 120 or so nagas that are attacking me. 
Is there anything I can do to help with this?  It's extra painful because while I can chill in my fort more or less forever I have no coal or access to wood meaning I can't really do much other than wait locked up in my fort as I'm under seige

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: February 13, 2021, 10:39:31 pm »

If you have a pick, you can make a bunch of drawbridges in a long hallway and atom-smash them all.

GORNAKIUS

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

question, is this still being updated?

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile

question, is this still being updated?

It's been on a temporary pause while the energy to update it is instead being directed toward the upcoming itch.io/steam release.  A few posts earlier have more details if you're interested.

ferals

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey, I've just downloaded newest version and Im wondering how to remedy slow movement of launcher's window (it lags like 1s behind real movement)?
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 166