Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 897351 times)

Torchwood202

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021
« Reply #2430 on: December 05, 2021, 07:31:07 pm »

The Long Night, maybe? It is an overhaul of the game, transforming it into a futuristic apocalyptic setting. Nanomachine monsters, 3D printers, and all that jazz. Very extensive, might want to put some research into it before trying it.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2431 on: December 06, 2021, 05:39:30 am »

IndigoFenix's Mushroom kingdom is pretty cool, as are most total conversions by Deon... Fallout and Lord of the Rings for example. Zm5s mods are impressive too.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Angel71090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2432 on: December 06, 2021, 11:10:06 pm »

The Long Night, maybe? It is an overhaul of the game, transforming it into a futuristic apocalyptic setting. Nanomachine monsters, 3D printers, and all that jazz. Very extensive, might want to put some research into it before trying it.

Kruggsmash did a playthrough of that and it was interesting. I'll consider it.

IndigoFenix's Mushroom kingdom is pretty cool, as are most total conversions by Deon... Fallout and Lord of the Rings for example. Zm5s mods are impressive too.

Yeah, Z's stuff is pretty cool, and I've heard of Mushroom Kingdom. Might try those. Thanks all. And take care Meph. Hope things are going good for ya! You rock dude. I'm gonna try and mod up my own little one with some things I would like to play with, and possibly try those as well.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2433 on: December 20, 2021, 07:46:33 am »

Damn you emerald golem

Ithilrandir

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2434 on: December 20, 2021, 08:34:19 pm »

Is it common to crash during worldgen if you set things to very high

Cobaltum

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2435 on: December 21, 2021, 07:56:31 am »

So, does MW will be updated to 47 ver of DF someday? Vanilla is pretty simple without MW cheeky-breeky

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: December 23, 2021, 01:40:40 pm »

Hey, I'm glad to see you haven't forgotten some of my old creations, I've put a lot of love and care in them :D.

I need to find some time to rewatch some old let's plays of modded DF, that was what motivated me the most back then. Now I barely have time to watch Youtube with all crypto and NFT craze and work, but that was definitely an amazing time.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

fyren338

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2437 on: December 25, 2021, 05:58:25 pm »

It's a shame how it worked out with kitfox man. I still can't imagine playing the game without your work in making it easier to get into. You lit a torch to help show the world a great piece of work and I'm grateful. I'm positive myself and many others will flock to whatever creation you make next. That's all I wanted to say, cheers mate.

Angel71090

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2438 on: January 13, 2022, 04:49:17 pm »

So, does MW will be updated to 47 ver of DF someday? Vanilla is pretty simple without MW cheeky-breeky

Definitely, but not until after the Steam release. That's what the boss man has said. Right now he's taking a break after all the stuff that happened, which is understandable.

Evans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hello folks,

My sincere apologies. Not long after posting updated 47.04 I got a second job and started working long hours a day.
Still few more months left on the contract, but at least I can visit here.

Somehow I cannot upload files to Bay12 file area.

Here is, still somewhat buggy, but at least stable, version.
https://www.transfernow.net/ddl/xMDF4704x

Can someone somehow upload it to Bay12 files area?

Can you fix display cases and Pedestals? No race can create them ingame, its a bug from the previous version
My guess is they need to be added to both buildings and recipe list. If so, this should be like 4 files to edit for dwarves.
Can't point you which one exactly out of the blue tho.

I see Meph is back after the mess with steam version, so I hope he will take over and bring us 47.05 that was last released a year ago, without waiting for steam version (which looks like 2 years away still?).

Hello! I've been playing with Evans' DF 47.04 Masterwork and I confirm the magma wells not working bug mentioned by Fjolsvith (although I managed to replicate their effect with the DFHack command "source").

A very crucial bug I came across is a crash on load game that I can't overcome. It seems like it crashes when the load bar reaches "Artefacts", and effectively, I can only load backups from before there were any artefacts produced in my fort. For reference, the first artefact was a weird one - "some animal" hardened leather tail cover (succubus item?) decorated with gems. The second was a wooden armor stand, but the first is already enough for the crash.

Trying to troubleshoot it, I got hopeful when I found this thread blaming the additional weapons mods that are included in MW:
http://97.107.128.126/smf/index.php?topic=159852.0
Only to later realize all of these are already turned off in my game, so they are not the problem. They mention graphics also, and mine are Evans' defaults.

Other than this, my play through as a dwarven fortress was going smoothly. I'll revert to an older save and see if a different artefact still causes the crash.

Edit: This is no longer relevant - I couldn't replicate the bug (same dwarf made a different artefact, no problem at all), and after playing in the backup for a while, I was able to load the original save without a problem!
This may be due to multiple reasons, but usually a log entry is the best. My guess - either 47.04 bug or missing tile entry for graphics.

My "default tileset" was a ffng mess of all tilesets as initially - few years ago - I just poured all of them together to replace as many letters with graphics as possible. So it is just a mess of tiles not worth mentioning. it is possible that some tile definitions went missing, for items that have no civilisations assigned to them - it is possible for certain items to exist unassigned to no race and then be generated as a random artifact. Logs usually say the most :)

If you need to ensure this no longer happens, find tail cover in definition files, comment it out in items list and recipes list before creating a new game.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2022, 03:31:02 pm by Evans »
getlost.lua # How to get rid of tavern guests
function getlost ()
   local unit = dfhack.gui.getSelectedUnit (true)
   unit.flags1.forest = true
end
getlost ()

DarkDvr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2440 on: June 05, 2022, 06:53:41 am »

Here's a weird question - I do enjoy the mouse support, but for some reason in this build bottom 30% (or so) of the game window is unclickable. Top 70% is working fine, it tracks the mouse cursor with the "x", I can click/etc. But not the bottom third. Any idea why?

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: June 27, 2022, 04:45:49 am »

Allo. Been out of the loop for a long time now.
Just wondering.

Is there a reason why Masterwork is 44.12 while DF is 47.05???

Is the following a bug from 44.12/Masterwork or is it just my bad luck.
  -- Frozen River Unfroze and where the stream connects with edge of map continues to drain constantly, leaving my Dwarves to try and path through the 1/2 deep water tiles then become battered around and stop their action due to 'dangerous terrain' as the water trys and become full but then drains. This has caused a ton of gathered goods to be dropped at map edge leading to constant cases of Dwarves realizing there is something to pick up, going over to pick up the item, get battered by the water from the stream 'refilling' and dropping the item. Rinse and repeat...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: June 27, 2022, 05:24:07 am »

Allo. Been out of the loop for a long time now.
Just wondering.

Is there a reason why Masterwork is 44.12 while DF is 47.05???

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
If you scroll upwards, Meph's had some issues recently over sprite ownership that fell through co-operating with Toady on the new version of DF and is currently away on a 'world tour' holiday. Evans and very recently DungeonCrab have been attempting earnest ports of modules/own interpretations of MW but theres no "complete" continuation of the mod at date.

Most of the entire board is in some form of hibernation for the steam-release thaw, which has been over a year's wait.

Is the following a bug from 44.12/Masterwork or is it just my bad luck.
  -- Frozen River Unfroze and where the stream connects with edge of map continues to drain constantly, leaving my Dwarves to try and path through the 1/2 deep water tiles then become battered around and stop their action due to 'dangerous terrain' as the water trys and become full but then drains. This has caused a ton of gathered goods to be dropped at map edge leading to constant cases of Dwarves realizing there is something to pick up, going over to pick up the item, get battered by the water from the stream 'refilling' and dropping the item. Rinse and repeat...

Seems like a DF annoyance in general, unless you forced a script to change the weather (and had it malfunction) im pretty sure it has little to do with the effects of MW which can't change worldly things like that.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2443 on: June 27, 2022, 05:30:59 am »

\\Answered my Query//

Thanks for that. Just haven't been on forum for like... 8 years? Donno... God its been that long ffs...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #2444 on: June 27, 2022, 06:25:40 am »

Why not update Masterwork without the Sprites, just relying on ASCII for now?
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 166