Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: [FAQ] - General/Technical Questions  (Read 5669 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [FAQ] - General/Technical Questions
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2013, 02:15:31 pm »

HeurEngine.ZeroDayThreat is a detection technology designed to detect entirely new malware threats without traditional signatures. This technology is aimed at detecting malicious software that has been intentionally mutated or morphed by attackers.
  :o  ???  ??? Again:  ??? How does this description fit any virus? It says it is a detection tech to find malware and malicious software. That sounds like a virus scanner, not a virus. ^^ PCTools is weird.

My scan is glorious 15,5% done so far, no problems found.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2013, 02:33:53 pm »

HeurEngine.ZeroDayThreat is a detection technology designed to detect entirely new malware threats without traditional signatures. This technology is aimed at detecting malicious software that has been intentionally mutated or morphed by attackers.
  :o  ???  ??? Again:  ??? How does this description fit any virus? It says it is a detection tech to find malware and malicious software. That sounds like a virus scanner, not a virus. ^^ PCTools is weird.

My scan is glorious 15,5% done so far, no problems found.
I believe what it means is that it detects things that 'act like' viruses and then labels them with the heurengine thing.
Regrettably.... yeah, like smake said, it's probably being overenthusiastic about declaring stuff to be viral.
I'll be running my own scan, I guess. If nothing comes up for either, it's probably a false positive and I'll go yell at them or... something.  :-\
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2013, 05:54:40 pm »

Scan is done by now, nothing of the sort on my machine. :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2013, 06:14:27 pm »

Then it seems I have a discussion with Symantec ahead of me. ::)

The new version of the mod does sound amazing, btw. I can't wait to be... able... to try it. And sorry about eating like half of your technical questions thread right as it got off the ground.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2013, 06:26:23 pm »

Thats what its for. Cant you enable exceptions for files you want to run? I know DemonToolz and similar things are easily targeted by antivir stuff... on the other hand: You can play the mod even without the settings, with the default race and settings.

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2013, 06:49:35 pm »

Yeah, it apparently didn't occur to me until after I'd been told that by the tech support people. :/

Although I needed their help anyway to figure out how to keep it from quarantining the darn file long enough to add it to the exceptions list...

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2013, 09:31:58 pm »

I didn't see a general technical suggestions thread, but it would be nice on the gui frontend, that if I right clicked, a drop down would appear to choose menu options vs cycling through them (specifically speaking about tileset: color: option)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 09:37:57 pm by thistleknot »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2013, 10:01:20 pm »

Thistleknot, that goes far beyond my expertise in VB. I couldnt even figure out how to convert all these buttons to a checked listbox.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2013, 10:23:21 pm »

Where's the source? I could probably figure out VB quick enough to fix your odd race select stuff, maybe.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2013, 10:33:58 pm »

Source is in the repository, but dont bother, I am working on a new version already with different things, like standardized wood being optional. (already done, yeah) But I can send you that before I leave, if you want it. The GUI works, so I am hesistant to make major changes at it NOW. In 5 months, no problem, but not now.

kjbrona

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2013, 01:24:51 pm »

I have a problem with Quickfort working properly with Masterwork. Looks like possible keymap changes or maybe dfhack plugins are causing Quickfort to do crazy stuff when trying to #build. If I use the ""planning" mode it gets all confused and puts the wrong items in the wrong places, skips some items, and sometimes completely leaves the "b" menu altogether.
I am using a straight unzip from the latest Masterwork zip install with no added plugins.
Any help/idea/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2013, 02:36:41 pm »

That's a falconne thing; you have to turn on quickfort mode.

kjbrona

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2013, 02:54:28 pm »

That's a falconne thing; you have to turn on quickfort mode.
Thanks! That gave me what I needed to get a useful search result.
Quickfort Mode under planning and possibly adding a little macro keystroke delay.

I will check it out when I get home from work.

EDIT: For future reference:
I had to set the MACRO_MS: to 15 in the DF init.txt file on my laptop.
Before actually building with Quickfort you need to build an item manually once to setup MW for Quickfort
b -> b -> p -> f -> enter
Turns on Planning mode and Quickfort mode. This only needs to be done on 1 item and it will be set for all.
You can set the min quality, decorated only, and/or material filter before hitting enter but you need to set them for each item you are going to be building with Quickfort.
Remove the bed then you can run Quickfort as normal.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 05:41:30 pm by kjbrona »

assasinwar9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2013, 11:39:54 am »

so i see the advfort no tools recognized bug/thing still isnt fixed >.>
immortal is never dieing so that sucks lol

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile