Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: [FAQ] - General/Technical Questions  (Read 5657 times)

assasinwar9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [FAQ] - General/Technical Questions
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2013, 04:07:37 am »

becuse it works on genesis which means either he fixed it or it broke for this mod >.>
immortal is never dieing so that sucks lol

Laardilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2013, 11:17:22 am »

This question has probably been asked and answered before but here it goes:

Is it possible to generate a world in which multiple races are playable, as opposed to just Orcs, Dwarves or Kobolds. If it is possible, what would be required to make that happen?

Thanks

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2013, 12:08:01 pm »

You can't mix and match kobolds because their undiggable stone is a property of the world, not of the race/tools.

Although it is not "officially" supported you can easily make a world with Dwarves and Orcs both playable.

* Decide whether you want an Orcish or Dwarven world (this has some minor effects like, which "extended domestic animals" and plants exist in the world, e.g. Taiga Sabrecats vs. Shaggy Badgerdogs)
* Select all your MDF settings in the launcher as normal
* Open up the other race's Entity file and uncomment the line "[CIV_CONTROLLABLE]".  Keep a backup copy of the original file is advised (if you ever want to go back to default behaviour).
* Gen a new world
* On embark, you'll have both kinds of civs to choose from.  If you can't tell which is which, tab over to the "Neighbors" tab -- your race will always be at the top.  Also the Dwarven civs will be named e.g. "The Hammers of Manufacturing" and live in mountain halls, and the Orcish civ will live in the Taiga dark fortresses and captured human cities, and be called e.g. "The Twilight Rending of Despair" :)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 12:17:31 pm by smakemupagus »

Laardilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2013, 10:30:12 pm »

Thank you for the reply. You guys do great work, and it's a pleasure to play your mod.  :)

Aireanna

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2013, 12:05:02 pm »

Hi, I'm new to this whole game, and i like your Mod, but one feature i saw on the feature page was mouse support. However i didn't find a setting for it in the GUI, can you tell me how to enable it? And, by mouse support, i mean the ability to use the mouse in the menus instead of just the keyboard, if i read it correctly. Thanks.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2013, 02:28:42 pm »

it's on by default; again, that's a falconne thing, not exactly Masterwork.

Golym

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2013, 05:34:55 pm »

I don't know if this is the right thread, but I just killed a Lich Fiend in adventure mode and in his description said that he hold the secret for immortality.

Anyone know if it works or it's just something not usable?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2013, 05:52:26 pm »

Not useable once you've killed it ^^

Searching the raws quickly shows it has a special bite attack that passes on the lich transformation.  This a Fear the Night creature, the thread for that mod would probably be the best place for more information.

Swonnrr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2013, 09:55:27 am »

Is it possible to change manually a tileset (switch from ironhand to phoebus) of an active save by copy/paste, or will i broke everything?

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2013, 02:35:03 pm »

Is it possible to change the dwarve's symbol from the bearded version to the vanilla version? 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2013, 05:56:00 pm »

Is it possible to change the dwarve's symbol from the bearded version to the vanilla version?

The bearded version is the vanilla version, one of three. That's from the 800x600 one; you probably want the 640x300 font, which can be changed in the init.txt.
Pages: 1 2 [3]