Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I make more female castes (for breeding, maybe add less rare, not as good female spider castes?), or just leaver it as the rare dreamweaver? (Although this kills them off in worldgen)

New common female spider castes!
- 3 (21.4%)
Just the dreamweaver. I don't mind short world-gens
- 4 (28.6%)
Make female counterparts to existing castes
- 7 (50%)
Other (please leave a comment)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: May 07, 2013, 05:14:05 am

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [PLUGIN] Dungeon of the Damned [Version 2.2][POLL]  (Read 7129 times)

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
[PLUGIN] Dungeon of the Damned [Version 2.2][POLL]
« on: April 30, 2013, 02:23:33 pm »

Dungeon of the Damned V2.2
So for the last week I decided to make a brand new race to play as; the Reavers! Noticing that masterwork mod (mods?) seem to be all the rage lately I thought why not; so here it is!
they come with their own reactions, caste system, transformations and religions, positions, professions, buildings including tech trees and industries.

Their industry is based on blood and bones, so you'll have to be doing alot of butchering and killing to keep the industry rolling! You can't even make proper weapons without bones and blood!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Installation

Note; to use the deepspider transformation, you need to use riftspiders (Pit them in the workshop)and for the flesh burster use dogs.
Only one (rare) caste can breed, So they might die out in world gen. Everything is still subject to change.
Also this mod is intended to be played with the phoebus tileset, as some workshops may appear odd without it due to meph's modified tiles.

This is how I picture the insides of their dungeons;

Friends, foes and comparisons.
The reavers are more akin to dwarves than you think. They're quite similar stat wise, being more agile and tough, but less creative and not as strong. they are meant to be much more difficult to play than dwarves, as they gain higher tier metals, much later in the game, and their materials don't stand up to par with dwarven metals. They rely on soulsilk to gain soulsteel, their best metal. You can get this from dream weavers.
They tend to go to war ALOT with the warlocks and gnomes. Unfortunatly they tend to lose these wars and get killed out in world gen by them.

The errorlog is bug free, but if you notice anything please do tell me.
I'm in a rush right now so I'll provide proper lore and details later.
Feedback is requested, especially as to balancing. Thank you!
Credits to Meph for his masterwork mod, and Rhenaya for her drows (I used the drowspider body detail and body as a template, and used her positions in the entity file)
To come; Tileset! I'm working on it.
Enjoy
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 05:21:42 am by Godlysockpuppet »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [PLUGIN] Dungeon of the Damned [Version 1]
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 03:05:03 pm »

Are you sure that this will work with V3? I will have a look at the raws and see what I can come up with, but I think it would be best to either offer this pre-installed with V2i, or update it to meet the new MDF.

Otherwise I do like what I see :)

How does the egg-laying work out in fort mode, I thought that was bugged, because civ members dont use nestboxes?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 03:11:42 pm »

Are you sure that this will work with V3? I will have a look at the raws and see what I can come up with, but I think it would be best to either offer this pre-installed with V2i, or update it to meet the new MDF.

Otherwise I do like what I see :)

How does the egg-laying work out in fort mode, I thought that was bugged, because civ members dont use nestboxes?
yes, it's V3 compatable. Also I don't know about the egg laying. I'm starting a fort now so I'll look into it.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 06:46:50 pm »

I think the egg laying works as long as you don't let anyone take the eggs, or allow her to move off the nest box. So what I've done is dumped food and drink onto the nest box and put it behind a locked door and that worked.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 07:10:32 pm »

That is good to know. :) And respect, that was very fast work. I was really surprised when I saw that speech folder and the battlecries. :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2013, 07:19:44 pm »

Ptw

Vorsh99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2013, 08:52:19 pm »

Well I downloaded it, does it have custom graphics?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2013, 09:07:48 pm »

@vorsh99: No, it does not.

Currently reading through the rwas, I will make notes as I go.

- Formatting of the building names are off. Some are lowcaps "dark transmutation chamber", some are highcaps "Dungeon Weaponist".
 - A deep spider has no genders and no eggs, so I assume they can only appear through transformation. If this is true, then everything is ok. But they will never breed.
 - Fleshburster [MULTIPLY_VALUE:20] is a lot. Their leather will be more costly then gold bars. Or steel bars.
 - Reaver description starts with 'a', should be 'A'.
 - Your [CASTE_NAME:pale reaver:pale reavers:pale reaver] has no description, which makes it very hard for players to find in fort mode.
 - The same is true for the other castes,    [CASTE_NAME:night bane:night banes:night bane] [CASTE_NAME:shadow chaser:shadow chasers:shadow chaser] [CASTE_NAME:soul catcher:soul catchers:soul catcher] [CASTE_NAME:dreamweaver:dreamweavers:dreamweaver]
 - Again, the formatting is a bit off. "Soul Catcher", but "Dreamweaver". I would stick with either using one word, or two words.
 - [TOY:ITEM_TOY_EVIL1][TOY:ITEM_TOY_EVIL2][TOY:ITEM_TOY_EVIL3] are not used anymore. It is ITEM_TOY_TOY and ITEM_TOY_BRAZIER now, because I changed all toys into the category of "illumination" aka things that make light.
 - The embassy is lacking the "force siege mountain" to trigger dwarven sieges, as well as diplomats. I also dont know if you can trigger your migrants/caravans with it, because your entity ID is not MOUNTAIN anymore. It might try to trigger dwarven migrants instead.
 - The    [SYNDROME][SYN_IMMUNE_CREATURE:REAVER:ALL][SYN_CONTACT][CE_UNCONSCIOUSNESS:SEV:100:PROB:100:SIZE_DELAYS:START:0:PEAK:150:END:550] in soulsteel doesnt do anything. You would have to you dfhacks spatter_add to coat a weapon with soulsteel to make the syndrome take effect on a hit. Thats the only way to have a syndrome on weapons.
 - Again, formatting. "Soulsteel" one word, "Blight Bronze" two words. But dont take these too seriously, I bet Masterwork has plenty of these formatting issues.
 - Your flavor greeting interactions will spam the combat logs/confuse people. They will not notice real combat logs as easily, which is the reason why I did not add those for dwarves. Again, this is only a personal point of mine, I know I do it with possessed dwarves and the cult as well.
 - [ITEM_TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_SHARP_KNIFE] => why does this exist? While having an attack and weapon skills, your military will never equip it. It could be used by adventurers though.
 - Some of your weapon names, [NAME:halberd:halberds][NAME:glaive:glaives] for sure, have duplicates in the main Masterwork mod. While the ID is different, causing no troubles for the mod/program, it will be confusing for players, because they will have 2 identical entries in their stockpiles.. glaives and glaives, not knowing which on is the local one and which is the foreign.
 - [REACTION:SPIDER_SUMMON] //uses riftspinner creature for transformation
   [NAME:play the song of stout labor] => forgot to rename this?
 - [REACTION:SUMMON_FLESHBURSTER] //uses dog for transformation
   [NAME:summon a fleshburster to decimate your foes] => should mention a dog somewhere
 - Yet again,    [NAME:make shadowiron bar] ... here it is "shadowiron", while the inorganic mat is "shadow iron"
 - [REACTION:SPIDER_AMULET] has improvements that target a reagent called "helm". That wont work. You cant even improve newly created products at all, you have to improve a reagent that has the preserve_reagent tag.
 - Same for [REACTION:CURSED_BOOK]
 - Value of ITEM_TOOL_ARMOR_KIT is maybe a little bit high?
 -    [NAME:create a shadowy essence] ... instead of using up the mortat and pestle and creating two new ones, why not use preserve_reagent? Btw, I used this before but people reported their workers constantly carrying around mortar/pestle, then cancelling the next job, because another dwarf wanted to stockpile them. I solved it by only using these tools as building materials, no longer as reagents.

Thats about it, all the errors that stood out to me. Please do not take this as criticism, I just wanted to help a bit. :) btw, I love the dog to fleshburster reaction, that is awesome. :) Alien3 anyone? :)

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2013, 03:31:48 am »

To be honest I'm more amazed you got the review done in the time you did! Okay I'll have an update down today, and for now I think I'll just disable the embassy. Thank for the time meph, also a lot of it it copy paste rename. By the way the knife is used as a reagent is one of the churches. Forgotten what you get now, but it also produces a stone which evaporates causing bleeding (I.e. bloodletting)
Also about the friendly greetings, I gave them quite a high cool down rate.
You mentioned evil toys are gone, how about evil instruments, or are the gone too?
okay update! Fixed everything Meph said there and made the workshops look half decent.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 06:01:08 am by Godlysockpuppet »

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
Re: [PLUGIN] Dungeon of the Damned [Version 2]
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2013, 06:02:57 am »

Update! Changelog; Everything meph said, and I also made it so you can embark with riftspiders and fixed the buildings up a bit.
Another quick edit; I noticed they all die roughly after 100 years of worldgen, so I made them give birth to live young and made the female caste slightly more common.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 08:00:56 am by Godlysockpuppet »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [PLUGIN] Dungeon of the Damned [Version 2.1]
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2013, 08:15:29 am »

Very fast work :)

Three suggestions:
Copy your files already in the correct folder structure. So make a dwarf fortress folder that only has data/speech/your files and raw/objects/your files, so that people can just copy it over their DF directory. This way they dont have to search and find the correct folders. I know that this is trivial to people who know modding, but most people have no clue where which folder is or what it does.

Say what tileset this mod should be played with. Default of the mod is Phoebus as you know, and the majority is using it.

A small readme that says were the strength/weakness/difference of this race is in comparison to the dwarves, and, very important, who your allies and who your enemies are.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
Re: [PLUGIN] Dungeon of the Damned [Version 2.1]
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2013, 08:21:24 am »

Very fast work :)

Three suggestions:
Copy your files already in the correct folder structure. So make a dwarf fortress folder that only has data/speech/your files and raw/objects/your files, so that people can just copy it over their DF directory. This way they dont have to search and find the correct folders. I know that this is trivial to people who know modding, but most people have no clue where which folder is or what it does.

Say what tileset this mod should be played with. Default of the mod is Phoebus as you know, and the majority is using it.

A small readme that says were the strength/weakness/difference of this race is in comparison to the dwarves, and, very important, who your allies and who your enemies are.
Alrighty-o. Well I've genned 10 worlds, and for some reason every time I gen one they're ALWAYS at war with warlocks. They seem to absolutely despise one another. I need to diffrenciate between pale reavers and shadow chaser a bit more, and it's going to be phoebus. Also I'll do that quickly then. Thanks :)
EDIT: Updated!! :) Now theres a distinction between the two castes and I changed the file structure.
Also Meph, in case you're wondering I based the race on a mix between drows, those guys from prometheus (engineers) and illithids :)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 08:53:39 am by Godlysockpuppet »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [PLUGIN] Dungeon of the Damned [Version 2.2]
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2013, 09:04:29 am »

Also Meph, in case you're wondering I based the race on a mix between drows, those guys from prometheus (engineers) and illithids

Really? I thought of the Firefly Reavers at first, but then I saw drider transformation and tentacles in there, so I didnt know what to think. ^^

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2013, 09:05:04 am »

I figured it out why they die so much in worldgen; they're so small! They're only size 55000 (a fair bit less than everything else). Should I make them larger? I quite liked the idea of little demon people, but I'll make them taller if you guys think I should. Thoughts?

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2013, 09:09:17 am »

What sort of theme are you going for with these guys?
Pages: [1] 2