Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I make more female castes (for breeding, maybe add less rare, not as good female spider castes?), or just leaver it as the rare dreamweaver? (Although this kills them off in worldgen)

New common female spider castes!
- 3 (21.4%)
Just the dreamweaver. I don't mind short world-gens
- 4 (28.6%)
Make female counterparts to existing castes
- 7 (50%)
Other (please leave a comment)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: May 07, 2013, 05:14:05 am

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [PLUGIN] Dungeon of the Damned [Version 2.2][POLL]  (Read 7217 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [PLUGIN] Dungeon of the Damned [Version 2.2]
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2013, 09:13:19 am »

I figured it out why they die so much in worldgen; they're so small! They're only size 55000 (a fair bit less than everything else). Should I make them larger? I quite liked the idea of little demon people, but I'll make them taller if you guys think I should. Thoughts?
I dont think thats the problem. Usually its no breeding, not enough food or too many wars.

Kobolds are tiny and are ok. I think they have 20000 size, and my gnomes are even smaller.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2013, 09:23:55 am »

What sort of theme are you going for with these guys?
Illithid-like. Without the hivemind. It's meant to be an race based on tradition and honor, while still being sadistically evil.
Also Theres quite a lot of dreamweavers during worldgen though.. hmm. Although they have so many wars. I genned one world for 46 years and they were at war with Drows, Humans, Warlocks and Gnomes.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 09:27:11 am by Godlysockpuppet »

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2013, 05:29:10 pm »

Okay I need to fiddle with their pets. They're not showing up, so I'll fix it in the morning. Also any idea on any industries anything more? Currently there's bones and religions and that's it. Its not particularly diverse.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2013, 06:04:47 pm »

Warpaint from dye?
Pet-boosting reactions, like my armoring or smakes giant-pet-transform, just for you spiders? Upgrade them to poisonous webs for example.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2013, 05:11:33 am »

Alright so I've made a start on some new industries (coating weapons in poison to start, then i'll move onto rune engraving, silk farms and more spider-related shit), and I'm expanding on others (mainly religion and pet oriented combat and industries. We need ways to get lots of bones and blood!)
I've fixed being unable to bring pets on embark, and I finished my first graphic!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Also there's a poll. Please provide feedback!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 05:18:00 am by Godlysockpuppet »

fasquardon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [PLUGIN] Dungeon of the Damned [Version 2.2][POLL]
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2013, 11:37:03 am »

Would an extended lifespan help these beasties live longer in worldgen?  I do like the idea of a kzinlike gender setup.

fasquardon

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2013, 11:57:47 am »

Would an extended lifespan help these beasties live longer in worldgen?  I do like the idea of a kzinlike gender setup.

fasquardon
they already live for hundreds of years. Doesn't help much. I think it might be because of the [not_living] tag? I'm really not sure. They don't seem to breed that much and they're involved in so many wars they all die off :P

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2013, 12:19:50 pm »

Yes, breeding and wars is the problem.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2013, 01:16:52 pm »

Alright, all the buildings are finished, (3 new ones, Armor inscriber, Weapon Inscriber, and the Silk Weavist). I just need to finish up the reactions, and then I'm ready for the next update. I've fixed the pet problem (Once again...) and for now i've removed the not living tag from the reavers and added a reasonably common female spider caste, which are extremely fragile, but are good enough workers. hopefully it will help them survive world-gen. (This is of course subject to change) If not I've gotten a final solution; swap the castes! Make the majority female, and the minority males. otherwise we can just play re-populate the Earth. Yay. Snoo snoo for all.
So yeah. that sums it all up :)

mavj96

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2013, 03:02:21 pm »

Perhaps increase 'litter' size eh?

mavj96

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2013, 10:18:05 am »

I'd love it if the race had some tag that made them go to war with dwarves and humans particularly if that's not already done, I'll try this out soon.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2013, 01:13:53 pm »

I'd love it if the race had some tag that made them go to war with dwarves and humans particularly if that's not already done, I'll try this out soon.
They do go to war with both dwarves and humans.
Secondly, I've realised I'm headed in no particular direction with this mod, so I'm seriously considering changing the race from this made up reaver thing to illithids, that way I can find more sources to rip from and get more ideas on what to include. It'll be quite similar, except you'll be focusing a lot more on slavery and ingenuity.
Pages: 1 [2]