Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Masterwork on DFWiki - Awareness & Recruitment thread!  (Read 11316 times)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Masterwork on DFWiki - Awareness & Recruitment thread!
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2013, 03:36:47 pm »

I don't know how to go into that template to fix that, but wouldn't it just be an issue of adding [[cv:--------]] to it?
That would be acceptable for simple pages like pet attributes, but some pages (caverns, domestic pets) could use a separate Masterwork page, since they differ significantly from vanilla DF.

EDIT: Added pages for Magmalings and Waterlings, but because they are not currently categorized they do not show up on the 'Creatures' list, and are linked to only on the Changeling page. Can someone fix this, or even better, tell me how to do it?
You've categorized it correctly by adding {{Creatures}} - the only reason it's not displayed in the creatures box is because it's not in the template, which was last updated around v3c or so. It's Template:Masterwork creatures (which you can also find by going to Template:Creatures), if you want to update it yourself.

Note on "cv:": If you have a list of links that you need to add "cv:" to, you can use {{cvlinks| (...) }} (it's unreliable for complicated things like tables, but works fine for a simple list of links).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2013, 05:37:04 pm »

if there's nothing major I've messed up with in the pages on research any suggestions as to what I should tackle next?
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.

Lottanubs

• Bay Watcher
  • [DF_JOKE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2013, 06:56:18 pm »

Is the page on the magic system written yet?
There still needs to be a significant amount of work done on those pages because right now, I think magic's mechanics are pretty outlandish to most DF players. I'm thinking of killing a few hours between now and my 9:00 lab by doing some Arena science on magic.. So by tomorrow I might have a better idea of what's involved and how to work with the system.

There's also runes. Dafuq are runes?

Edit: Looking through the pages now, I can see that magic is pretty well covered in the wiki. Not well enough for a dumbass like me to fully understand, though. I still struggle with concepts such as "Shit, I can't brew dimple cups and quarry bushes?"

That being said, I have one question: on your table, ElenaRoan, one reagent for the "warpstone pool" is listed as "remains." Is this a sentient corpse or can it be vermin remains?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 07:03:09 pm by Lottanubs »

Linkeron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My FB page
« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2013, 12:00:57 am »

Should we add a 'Magical' category for those sorts of creatures though? If I'm not mistaken, Familiars would also need pages as well

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 05, 2013, 02:13:29 am »

That being said, I have one question: on your table, ElenaRoan, one reagent for the "warpstone pool" is listed as "remains." Is this a sentient corpse or can it be vermin remains? [/i]

remains are vermin remains, you need a vermin hunter (moleweasel, frill lizard, leatherwing bat) to get them.
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2013, 03:13:35 pm »

Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2013, 12:03:40 pm »

BillyJack: I extracted that table and put it in the manual. Very nice.

At all: Great work on the wiki. Some pages look really well made. If that is kept up, I will start linking from the manual to the wiki on each topic, simply because it is more detailed on the wiki. ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2013, 02:30:03 pm »

Asva is currently helping out with a project to generate workshop diagrams, so that should eliminate the need to upload images for each workshop. I'll have my bot create stubs for all the new recently-added workshops, so that'll make adding new ones easier as well.
Also, a note: you may have noticed the "MDF v3i" line below the purple box on all Masterwork pages. This is so that old versions of pages can be maintained when a feature changes drastically between versions (not that all pages need to be copied over, but it's nice to keep a building page if it's removed from the current version, for example). If a page changes like this, add {{MDF Migrate|version}}, where "version" is the last version the page is correct for (e.g. v3f), save the page, and follow the instructions in the red box.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2013, 02:42:41 pm »

I will start making notes here, if there are major changes in features. The changelog should contain everything but if any pages need to be deleted, or new workshops, races, and so on are added, I let you guys know.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

moseythepirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Congratulations, you've managed to weaponize air.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 17, 2013, 04:08:08 pm »

I made a page for the metallurgist, with a table of the alloys, number of bars, the source metals, and uses. It could use one of wiki veterans to make it properly presentable.
Congratulations, you've managed to weaponize air.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 08, 2013, 05:50:10 pm »

Minor update: You can now use "ma" as a shortcut for "Masterwork" in links and page titles (it's case-insensitive, so "MA" and "Ma" work too). This isn't really necessary for pages in the Masterwork namespace already, but it's useful for searching.
(You can also use "mod" for modification pages now.)

Pandimo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2013, 07:19:15 pm »

As far as a source of information, is shamelessly plagiarizing the guides that come with the game for wiki purposes considered ok?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #57 on: October 27, 2013, 07:29:49 pm »

Yes, by all means, use it if it helps.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]