Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: Dominions 3 Round 13 - The Unlucky One - NationGen Edition - Il Palazzo Wins!  (Read 20613 times)

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd up for it, but only if its "I make the nations and hand em out at random" - making your own seems silly, to much min-maxing. Or maybe "make" one batch, show them to people and then let them pick.

Oh Dear Pretender Lord, Hoburg nation where every single unit has gluttony. Fat hobbitzes indeed.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Cacelum + Abysia = Devil with Awe/Poison/Heat

Lizards with Awe and Fear weapons...

Magic Starting Site "Passion House" - Gives fire gems

Vikings riding on Giant-Skeletons

« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 06:38:03 am by ThtblovesDF »

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile

I'm with Moghopper on this one. Out of the 30 nations that I;ve generated, 10 were stupidly weak, 5 others semi balanced, but missing this special *something*

..and 15 had flying awe sacreds with two handed greatswords of fire / poison / halting sacreds.

Then there was this one nation with poison magical longbows and 3+ strong access to five magic schools. Bear cavalry is fucking amazing, but Unitgen is just too crazy, i'm afraid. Thusly, i pass on such a round, and will wait for non-randomGen round.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 06:36:24 am by Stworca »
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So here is a idea;

Game with special start - every player gets... lets say 3 points. You can use the points to:

Do one click on the settings (1 point cost) - like turning gold income up to 125% or even down.

Get a random unit-gen nation (3 points cost).

Improve/decrease one stat of a non-sacred, more expensive then 10 gold / 10 resources unit of a nation of your choice (even enemy ones) by 1 point (1 point cost).

"Vote" towards a map with as many points as you want.

Awww Jiss, goat Cav!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 07:36:07 am by ThtblovesDF »

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile

I can't not join this, even if I'm in the midst of finals! Sign me up, hopefully I'll be done with the finals by the time this really starts up.

Btw, I'll be away from my PC, and thus Dominions 3, for a week next month, if that changes anything.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel

Just going to put out that I like the rules as in the OP. The point so far seems to be make either the most uber or most humorous nation you possibly can. Though I don't know whats wrong with my copy of nationgen because its not genning anything better than balanced.

Edit: Heh, light moose cavalry
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 09:26:14 am by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, I don't think this is a game where balance matters. I'm fine with adding CBM, although I'd prefer to use Other People's Mods instead - it's the most recent combination of CBM with the Awesome series of mods. And if we want lots of power, Awesomemods are definitely what we need. Other People's Mods doesn't include AwesomeItems, though, nor does it contain AwesomePops, which is still in its infancy.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile

You guys ok with old Palazzo joining? I've always wanted to try a nationgen game.

Code: [Select]
Nation 75: Nefurt generated with seed 705137524
I'm with Boksi on awesomeeverything mods.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel

Finally I will be in a game with the infamous Il Palazzo. I noticed your going all hoburg all the time plus hydra. Be an interesting game if we all went with hoburg nations. I think it might take me a bit to gen a nation I am good with because I have a strategy I want to try out. Then again I could always just gen until I get a Tien Chi clone cause is kinda my thing.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Darkwind3

• Bay Watcher
  • Walks like an Egyptian
    • View Profile

You guys ok with old Palazzo joining? I've always wanted to try a nationgen game.

Nation 75: Nefurt generated with seed 705137524
I'm with Boksi on awesomeeverything mods.
No problem! Hoburgs with hydras and earth and death magic, and adorable little purple floppy hats?

I'm alright with Other Peoples' Mods. This is not meant to be a balanced game so much as a fun diversion, especially after Round 10 and since NationGen and balance go together like water and oil. I haven't tried any of the Awesome Mods, but from what I've heard of them, they sound perfect for this game.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Unless I find something better, I'll be going with this one:
Nation 76: Maelmar generated with seed 927397214Because who needs troops with more than 10 AP, anyway?

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm in but it's going to be a couple days until I can gen a nation. If that's an issue feel free to go without me.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile

I've got an interesting one, if anybody wants it:
Nation 74: Pi-rameau generated with seed -1917277029
Abysians on salamanders and fossils, recruitable anywhere. Lots of hitpoints and good armour(23 on fossil riders).

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel

I have a specific thing I am looking for though that does look nice. My method right now is make 10,000 nations then look for a needle in a haystack. I think the number may be beyond nationgen though so I might have to do it in batches.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I made ten nations, looked through them, noted down any good ones, then made another set. Rinse and repeat.

The important things to check for are: Which units are capital only(they're irrelevant unless they're really good), what the sacreds are like and what the mages are like. Once I had a few good ones, I looked through them again, looking at their troops. I wound up picking Maelmar, and if you try generating it you'll see why.

Darkwind3

• Bay Watcher
  • Walks like an Egyptian
    • View Profile

I'm in but it's going to be a couple days until I can gen a nation. If that's an issue feel free to go without me.
That's no problem! This game probably isn't going to start very soon.
   I have a specific thing I am looking for though that does look nice. My method right now is make 10,000 nations then look for a needle in a haystack. I think the number may be beyond nationgen though so I might have to do it in batches.
I will note that dominions only accepts up to about 20 new nations at a time (nation number 72 to 94 are free; any higher won't work). It'll probably be easiest to generate nations in batches of 20, similar to what Boksi said.

Also, I was looking through Dominions Enhanced recently. I knew it buffed up endgame summons but haha holy crap W8E5/N5 queens of water who generate gems. Interestingly, neither arch devils nor ice devils seem to have been buffed.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13