Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

Author Topic: Dominions 3 Round 13 - The Unlucky One - NationGen Edition - Il Palazzo Wins!  (Read 20877 times)

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeeeahhh... I kept quiet about the victory conditions on the off chance that we managed to pull out a way to beat you. :P It was definitely fun though, and I think it's was only the second time I've had more than one or two supercombatants that actually saw a battle.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel

Since this game has wrapped up I opened up a thread for round 15. The thread is here.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Darkwind3

• Bay Watcher
  • Walks like an Egyptian
    • View Profile

Well then, I'll close the game in a few hours.

Thanks for playing, guys. I had a lot of fun with this one. The rampaging SCs were a royal pain in the neck.
I do apologise for the rather boring strategy I resorted to, with spamming forts and taking cheap potshots from behind the walls. I realise it's not very much fun to play against, but it was the reasonable approach to take. Luckily we had some grand battles, so hopefully it wasn't all that bad.

If only Darkwind attacked me right after the fall of Burburgian empire, I'd have folded like a toy house. I had little to defend myself at the time, and it took precious time to go through all that magic diversification and fortification.

The problem with late game, especially with Awesome mods, is that if you give players enough time, they'll all end up having the same capabilities, magic path-wise. Your national mages become almost insignificant. Then it's just a resource war, and the one with most of these is bound to win.

Oh and, have you noticed? By the victory conditions in the OP, the game ended with the fall of Udostria. :P
I'm the admin, remember? :P Unless you happen to have found the password somehow. And as to the victory condition, although I didn't specify, I would imagine both ownership and control of the capitals would be necessary for victory (though it's a moot point since you have that now anyways!). IIRC I had the teleporting wendigo parked on one of your capitals from the moment you took Udostria to the start of the siege of Burburg.

I have noticed that branching into other paths is a lot easier in Awesome Mods, especially given it seems possible to use the Elemental Royalty to summon more royalty - having access to one of the four elements means easy potential to grab any of them. The various SCs added from EDM also make getting magic paths a lot easier; the Treant actually has 3 50% chances each for E, W, and N, as opposed to the more reasonable 120% EWN random it gets in CBM. I had access to every path but fire quite a while ago, and would have had fire as well if I had known starting out what a badass the fire heliophagus is. I'm sure the situation was similar for you.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 05:15:42 pm by Darkwind3 »

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile

I'm the admin, remember?
By Jove! I got the rounds mixed up. You do the honours then.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

Since you guys are finished, I thought I'd mention that Round 15 is still looking for another player.

If you decide to join Il Palazzo, I promise not to form an alliance against you from day one.   :P
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]