Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20

Author Topic: The Banners of Heart: ☼Masterwork the Fortress☼  (Read 33093 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
The Banners of Heart: ☼Masterwork the Fortress☼
« on: April 30, 2013, 07:08:45 pm »

Title should give plenty of info. Anyone interested in a "official" MDF3 succession fort? It has been a while since the last one and there are plenty of features to test. New labors/skills, guilds, battlecries, creature spawning, military groups and the tavern.

I dont know yet if I will find time to play myself, but I would certainly be interested in watching the fortress rise and crumble. ;)

Goal of the fort would be architecture and design. I want to see what the best of the best is that can be done with the new decorations. The other features will be used while playing on way or the other.

Turn 1: Meph: Finished
Turn 2: Smake: Finished
Turn 3: Chaosgear: Finished
Turn 4: Talanic: Finished

Turn 5: Enisea: Skipped
Turn 5: Navatar: Finished
Turn 6: Gavakis: Skipped
TheMaster: Skipped
Turn 6: Enisea: Finished
Turn 7: ajr: Finished

Turn 8: ILBane:  Skipped
Turn 8: Gamerlord:  Skipped
Turn 8: Godlysockpuppet: Skipped
Turn 8: Brilliand: Finished
Turn 9: Panopticon: Finished

Turn 9: vastaghen12: Skipped
Turn 10: Isngrim: Ongoing
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 09:48:53 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ - V.3 - Succession Fort. Who is up for it?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 10:07:17 am »

-- Looks like Meph can manage the turn list from distant lands for the time being, so no need atm for backup turn list :) --
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 02:26:25 pm by smakemupagus »

chaosgear

• Bay Watcher
  • Pants-on-head retarded
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 10:15:34 am »

*pokes head in*
Did somebody say Masterwork???
Sign me up!
I always seem to end up with a magnificent burial complex and nowhere near enough bodies to fill it, or far too many bodies and nowhere to put any of them.

Talanic

• Bay Watcher
  • Struggling author / pizza delivery guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 10:38:19 am »

I figure spot 3 will be far in enough that I won't be forcing the fort to conform to my absurd ideas of order.  Just trying and failing miserably.
I'm an aspiring Science Fiction and Fantasy writer.  I'm telling the tale of a hapless cyborg everyman lost in a savage fantasy world.

My first review from a real magazine!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 10:44:30 am »

Four people is enough for now. I wanted to finally play a round with my mod anyway, so I take the first turn. It will then get a name and all that. Will be a 3x3 embark in more or less normal biome, dwarf race, nothing fancy. maybe a volcano.

Edit: Of course it will be default tileset, Phoebus, and default settings. I only changed one thing, ENGLISH DWARVES. Because I think the names are hilarious. This can even be changed in the running fort if people think it silly, smake knows how it goes. :)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 10:47:48 am by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 11:13:32 am »

A Dwarven Outpost
You have arrived.  After a journey from the Mountainhomes into the forbidding wilderness beyond, your harsh trek has finally ended.  Your party of seven is to make an outpost for the glory of all of banner of hearts.
There are almost no supplies left, but with stout labor comes sustenance.  Whether by bolt, plow or hook, provide for your dwarves.  You are expecting a supply caravan just before winter entombs you, but it is Spring now. Enough time to delve secure lodgings, ere the giant slugs get hungry. A new chapter of dwarven history begins here at this place, Masterwork the Fortress".  Strike the earth!

Lance Occultwhip has been quite content lately. 
He is a worshipper of Torch the Castles of Heating and a faithful worshipper of Plan Glitterybrilliant the Zenith of Strategy. 
He is a citizen of The Arrows of Revering.  He is a member of The Banner of Hearts.  He arrived at Masterwork Fortress on the 1st of Granite in the year 41. 
He has the appearance of somebody that is forty-three years old and is one of the first of his kind. 
He is average in size.  He is average in size.  He has high cheekbones, and he has a very narrow round chin.  His nose bridge is incredibly concave.  His upturned nose is sharply hooked.  His hair is somewhat greasy.  His long sideburns are braided.  His medium-length moustache is arranged in double braids.  His very long beard is arranged in double braids.  His long hair is neatly combed.  His sunken eyes are wide-set.  His lips are somewhat thin.  His ears are somewhat short.  His hair is amber.  His skin is pale taupe.  His eyes are bronze. 
He is slow to tire, but he is susceptible to disease and very flimsy. 
Lance Occultwhip likes light green brick, welded titanium, small fire gem, javelins, boots, millstones, turkeys for their gobble and spirit of fire for their ardent majesty.  When possible, he prefers to consume black sand leech, mussel and royal sunshine.  He absolutely detests toads. 
He has an amazing memory, a lot of willpower, good creativity, a sum of patience and good intuition. 
He rarely feels discouraged.  He occasionally overindulges.  He enjoys being in crowds.  He is assertive.  He is very active.  He is open-minded to new ideas.  He is candid and sincere in dealings with others.  He does not go out of his way to help others.  He sacrifices his own needs to get along with others.  He is immodest.  He lacks confidence.  He needs alcohol to get through the working day.  He likes working outdoors and grumbles only mildly at inclement weather.   

Scourge Riftproliferate has been quite content lately. 
She is a worshipper of Gleam and a faithful worshipper of Gleam. 
She is a citizen of The Arrows of Revering. She is a member of The Banner of Hearts.  She arrived at Masterwork Fortress on the 1st of Granite in the year 41. 
She has the appearance of somebody that is fifty-three years old and is one of the first of her kind. 
She is average in size.  She is average in size.  She has high cheekbones, and she has a very narrow round chin.  Her nose bridge is incredibly concave.  Her nose is sharply hooked.  Her quite dense hair is somewhat greasy.  Her very long hair is tied in a pony tail.  Her eyebrows are high.  Her slightly protruding wide-set eyes are wide-set.  Her somewhat short flattened ears are somewhat narrow.  Her ears are somewhat short.  Her hair is amber.  Her skin is pale taupe.  Her eyes are bronze. 
She is very quick to tire and really susceptible to disease. 
Scourge Riftproliferate likes acid, shark tooth, green diamond, treehopper toad leather, elk horn, rope reed fiber fabric, the color dark blue, broadhead bolts, quivers, tables and landmines for their unending patience and sudden explosions.  When possible, she prefers to consume one-humped camel cheese, royal whip wine and cave wheat flour.  She absolutely detests blood gnats. 
She has a good intellect, a good feel for social relationships and good creativity, but she has poor focus and very little linguistic ability. 
She loves a good thrill.  She isn't given to flights of fancy.  She loves to defy convention.  She is trusting.  She is candid and sincere in dealings with others.  She finds helping others rewarding.  She is confident.  She needs alcohol to get through the working day.  She likes working outdoors and grumbles only mildly at inclement weather.   

Galley Rhymelabor has been quite content lately. 
He is a worshipper of Torch the Castles of Heating and a worshipper of Plague. 
He is a citizen of The Arrows of Revering.  He is a member of The Banner of Hearts.  He is the expedition leader of The Banner of Hearts.  He arrived at Masterwork Fortress on the 1st of Granite in the year 41. 
He is thirty-six years old, born on the 13th of Hematite in the year 5. 
He is average in size. His eyes have thin irises.  He is average in size.  His medium-length sideburns are neatly combed.  His very long moustache is arranged in double braids.  His very long beard is arranged in double braids.  His medium-length hair is neatly combed.  His somewhat short ears have great swinging lobes. His incredibly upturned broad nose is sharply hooked.  His nose bridge is concave.  His lips are very thin.  His head is somewhat short.  His eyes are slightly protruding.  His hair is amber.  His skin is pale taupe.  His eyes are bronze. 
He is very slow to tire and tough, but he is quite susceptible to disease. 
Galley Rhymelabor likes vermilion cinnabar glaze, gold, blue diamond, buzzard tooth, the color green-yellow, hammerhead javelins, gauntlets, trousers and anvils.  When possible, he prefers to consume tears of armok.  He absolutely detests mosquitos. 
He has a sharp intellect and willpower, but he has meager creativity. 
He is often cheerful.  He isn't given to flights of fancy.  He is candid and sincere in dealings with others.  He finds helping others very rewarding.  He is modest.  He idly chews his lips when he's bored.  He needs alcohol to get through the working day.  He likes working outdoors and grumbles only mildly at inclement weather.   

Shadow Soldiercavern has been quite content lately. 
She is a worshipper of Renown and a worshipper of Gleam. 
She is a citizen of The Arrows of Revering.  She is a member of The Banner of Hearts.  She arrived at Masterwork Fortress on the 1st of Granite in the year 41. 
She has the appearance of somebody that is fifty-seven years old and is one of the first of her kind. 
She is average in size.  She is average in size.  Her very long hair is tied in a pony tail.  Her nose bridge is incredibly concave.  Her somewhat short nose is sharply hooked.  She has high cheekbones, and she has a narrow chin.  Her eyes have thin irises.  Her thin lips are somewhat thin.  Her ears are free-lobed.  Her hair is amber.  Her skin is pale taupe.  Her eyes are bronze. 
She is flimsy and quite susceptible to disease. 
Shadow Soldiercavern likes hellfire, welded mithril, yellow diamond,  acid, coral, flags, spears, backpacks and yetis for their bipedal nature.  When possible, she prefers to consume slug, lungfish and dwarven beer.  She absolutely detests lizards. 
She has an iffy sense for music, a meager ability with social relationships, very bad intuition and a poor kinesthetic sense. 
She is somewhat reserved.  She prefers to be alone.  She dislikes intellectual discussions.  She is put off by authority and tradition.  She is slow to trust others.  She would never claim to be better than somebody else.  She strives for excellence.  She is extremely cautious.  She exhales slowly and deliberately when she starts getting bored.  She needs alcohol to get through the working day.  She likes working outdoors and grumbles only mildly at inclement weather.   

Cloister Orbdoom has been quite content lately. 
He is a worshipper of Tin the Chasm of Crevices and a worshipper of Plague. 
He is a citizen of The Arrows of Revering.  He is a member of The Banner of Hearts.  He arrived at Masterwork Fortress on the 1st of Granite in the year 41. 
He has the appearance of somebody that is fifty-four years old and is one of the first of his kind. 
He is muscular.  His slightly protruding eyes have thin irises.  He is muscular.  His nose bridge is incredibly concave.  He has very high cheekbones.  His quite long short nose is sharply hooked.  His teeth are crowded.  His short sideburns are neatly combed.  His long moustache is neatly combed.  His medium-length beard is arranged in double braids.  His hair is clean-shaven.  His lips are thin.  His somewhat short ears are slightly flattened.  His skin is pale taupe.  His eyes are bronze. 
He is strong. 
Cloister Orbdoom likes tin aether, crystal glass, obsidian gem, green glass, swamp troll leather, armor stands, rings, coins and boozebelly goats for their vibrant fur.  When possible, he prefers to consume royal fisher berry wine.  He absolutely detests mosquitos. 
He has very good creativity and a way with words, but he has poor analytical abilities and a lack of understanding of social relationships. 
He has an incredibly calm demeanor.  He occasionally overindulges.  He can handle stress.  He can be very happy and optimistic.  He has a fertile imagination.  He is not interested in art.  He prefers familiar routines.  He dislikes intellectual discussions.  He is immodest.  He lacks confidence.  He is disorganized.  His hands are animated when he's surprised.  He needs alcohol to get through the working day.  He likes working outdoors and grumbles only mildly at inclement weather.   

Fortify Sacksocket has been quite content lately. 
He is a worshipper of Tin the Chasm of Crevices and a worshipper of Renown. 
He has the appearance of somebody that is fifty-nine years old and is one of the first of his kind. 
He is very muscular.  He is very muscular.  His hair is somewhat greasy.  His very long sideburns are braided.  His very long moustache is arranged in double braids.  His very long beard is neatly combed.  His medium-length hair is braided.  His nose bridge is incredibly concave.  His quite long nose is sharply hooked.  He has a round chin.  His somewhat splayed out ears have large hanging lobes.  His head is somewhat broad.  His hair is amber.  His skin is pale taupe.  His eyes are bronze. 
He is very strong, but he is quick to tire. 
Fortify Sacksocket likes diorite, chrome, prase opal, giant sperm whale tooth, the color rose taupe and catapult parts.  When possible, he prefers to consume giant penguin, royal sunshine and bone bush meal.  He absolutely detests albino forest leeches. 
He has a great sense of empathy, a good spatial sense and a way with words, but he has next to no willpower. 
He has a calm demeanor.  He is comfortable in social situations.  He is a risk-taker and a thrill-seeker.  He tends not to openly express emotions.  He is uncomfortable with change.  He dislikes intellectual discussions.  He is compassionate.  He has a sense of duty.  He chews his lips intently when he's thinking.  He needs alcohol to get through the working day.  He likes working outdoors and grumbles only mildly at inclement weather.   

Ring Bronzeburn has been quite content lately. 
She is a faithful worshipper of Torch the Castles of Heating and a worshipper of Tin the Chasm of Crevices. 
She is a citizen of The Arrows of Revering.  She is a member of The Banner of Hearts.  She arrived at Masterwork Fortress on the 1st of Granite in the year 41. 
She has the appearance of somebody that is fifty years old and is one of the first of her kind. 
She is average in size.  She is average in size.  Her sharply hooked upturned nose is extremely long.  Her nose bridge is incredibly concave.  Her hair is clean-shaven.  Her eyes have thin irises.  She has high cheekbones.  Her lips are somewhat thin.  Her nose is somewhat long.  Her ears are somewhat short.  Her skin is pale taupe.  Her eyes are bronze. 
She is quick to tire. 
Ring Bronzeburn likes calcite, mechanized, grand fire gem, retreats and broadhead javelins.  When possible, she prefers to consume albino forest leech and armok's wine.  She absolutely detests salamanders. 
She has a great feel for social relationships and good intuition, but she has poor focus, little patience and very little linguistic ability. 
She is rarely happy or enthusiastic.  She dislikes intellectual discussions.  She has a profound sense of duty and obligation.  She strives for excellence.  She thinks through every alternative and its consequences before acting.  She needs alcohol to get through the working day.  She likes working outdoors and grumbles only mildly at inclement weather.   

These are the players, so everyone take their pick :)

Mr. Lance Occultwhip is mine, that snob. When possible, he prefers to consume black sand leech, mussel and royal sunshine. Sounds about right. :)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2013, 11:18:19 am »

Cloister Orbdoom!
"He has a fertile imagination.  He is not interested in art."

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2013, 11:22:42 am »

But smake, what is your ingame name? Just Smakemupagus?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2013, 11:27:37 am »

Yep  8)
'Smakemupagus' Orbdoom

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2013, 11:53:25 am »

I want Galley Rhymelabor. Sign me up as Galley Brokenmind.

"When possible, he prefers to consume tears of Armok". LOL. I wonder what kind of guy has the tears of the god of chaos ar his favourite dish.
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

chaosgear

• Bay Watcher
  • Pants-on-head retarded
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2013, 12:06:28 pm »

Could Shadow Soldiercavern possibly have a cooler name???

Oh, right. Scourge Riftproliferate. Can I have Scourge?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 12:08:05 pm by chaosgear »
I always seem to end up with a magnificent burial complex and nowhere near enough bodies to fill it, or far too many bodies and nowhere to put any of them.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2013, 12:09:38 pm »

"Lance Occultwhip" has been dwarved as Meph
"Cloister Orbdoom" has been dwarved as Smakemupagus. You only have a few broken bones, if you dont die to infection you are ok.
"Galley Rhymelabor" sadly passed away before I could dwarf him as Broken. So, pick again.

The start was epic. I will do a write-up of the first month now.  8)

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2013, 12:20:23 pm »

I will take fortify, then.
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2013, 12:23:58 pm »

Seven dwarves embarked on an epic quest. To build the most extravagant fortress the world has ever seen. They chose their site, and called it "The Slick Hills", which suited them well. It was located near the volcano called "The Crazy Furnace", which again, suited them well.

They completely ignored that fact that all this was located in a savage, wild environment far away from civilization. And that bandits, elf fanatics, chaos dwarves and deep drow roam the land. This is what they took:

The Banner of Hearts is their name, and the "Masterwork the Fortress" they call their fort. They also chose a very, very excellent starting location, directly on top of 7 giant slugs. Within the first second, literally the very first second, all toolkits were destroyed, all sprites died and all the lifestock run away in terror. Everyone was quickly drafted into the military, only to ingore the axe and all 6 picks that were lying around, and to smack the slugs with their bare hands. One slug died, and three men were heavily injured. Broken bones, not able to walk... in a place without a river, with no thread, no cloth, no splints or crutches. By that time, 5 seconds had passed.

The 4 working dwarves started what every dwarf would do: They strike the earth. Getting close to the volcano, building a chute to throw their belongings in, quickly, quickly... a small room with 3 beds for the injured, a room for the animals to hide in, and basic workshops... everything was done to ensure the survival of the vegetables lying in the beds. Stupid useless vegetables that cant dig... creatures were sheared, all the webs were gathered, thread and cloth produced, buckets for water, doctors were appointed...

But it was not enough... at the end of spring, one of ours passed away. "Galley Rhymelabor", you will be missed. Infection got the better of thim. The two still injured dwarves, which are lying directly next to his corpse, hopefully will not meet this end. But then again they only have a broken leg and arm and shin... not 12 broken bones, including the skull.

And a big map of the fortress, 1 month old. Not that 3 people cant work and the other 4 were tending these first 3... so no digging was done.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Oh and smake: You take it like a boss. You have 6 full pages of medical history so far, still alive. :)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 12:26:07 pm by Meph »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2013, 12:28:31 pm »

Broken is dwarved as "Fortify Sacksocket".

Smake, you are up and running.

`Smakemupagus' Orbdoom has been quite content lately.  He received food recently.  He has lost a friend to tragedy recently.  He was rescued recently.  He sustained major injuries recently.  He received water recently.  He was able to rest and recuperate lately. 
He is a worshipper of Tin the Chasm of Crevices and a worshipper of Plague. 

Edit: Nope.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 12:43:35 pm by Meph »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20